PDA

View Full Version : Italian Family Reunion visa questions :-)

shalona
5th July 2011, 22:11
Hi & ciao :Wave:

I am British & married to my wife (from Philippines) & we have 2 kids ....I already now have Italian Residency and so we are immimently applying for them joining me here on Family Reunion (via National Visa application form & on grounds exercising rights as European citizen for family to join me)..... One of my daughters is on British passport (the other daughter & my wife on Philippines passport). Pending successful visa application the 3 of them will travel from Manila to Milan to join me.
My daughter on British passport is 1 yrs old - will I need to write some form of legalized permission letter for her to leave the PHilippines & also will I need to write a similar letter (translated into Italian possibly too & legalizied) ...so to ensure immigration requirements are satisfied on them leaving Philippines & on them entering Italy? (bearing in mind my daughter on British passport does not require a visa herself to enter Italy as that is her right I believe)..

:doh

thanks for any advice
ciao :)

grahamw48
5th July 2011, 22:25
No, you don't need any sort of permissions for your daughter to leave the Phils if she has a British passport.

As you know, she is also entitled to travel unhindered around the EU.

My own boy had his own British passport from 2 months of age, but his mother a Filipino one.

I deliberately made sure he had a passport of his own (as opposed to being on one of ours) so that he could travel with either of us without any hassle...or as happened when he was 9 years old...'unaccompanied' from Manila to UK.

Moy
5th July 2011, 22:46
You should ask Italian embassy in your home country. Please visit this link may be you will find some basic information regarding family reunion..
Source(s):
http://www.mylifeineurope.net/en/community/blog/37/152-entrare-in-italia-il-ricongiungimento.html
European citizens. I addition the same type of Visa is different county per country. For some non Euopean citizens is very easy to get a family reunion Visa, for others is almost impossible.:rolleyes::Wave: