PDA

View Full Version : pc back from the dead

joebloggs
29th June 2011, 01:02
turned me pc on the other day, who turned it off :Erm:... :yikes: blue screen of death :yikes::bigcry:

after many hours finally back to where it was b4 :Jump:, lost nothing :rolleyes:

thats why i'm up 1am replying to posts

thought the drive was :censored::bigcry:, well better start backing up , i should know better :icon_lol:

mickcant
29th June 2011, 10:41
Lucky :Jump:escape
We all learn the importance of backing up the hard way, i did too but do it now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mick:)

somebody
29th June 2011, 18:35
Good to hear all well sir :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A group of Computer users who need to start thinking back up back up more and more are Mac users as they get targeted for more and more malware meanies even more chance they might need to have that back up to hand.

Plus folks after having seen many people almost in tears when their Phone dies, dissapears or breaks with so much data on then make sure you save the data and back them up on a regular basis:)

joebloggs
29th June 2011, 19:42
good to see you Andy, you must have used hirens boot cd, i used mini windows xp to get on to the c drive, normally if the windows dir is :censored:, i wipe it and reinstall windows, without touching me data, but this time i couldn't access c thru mini windows xp, showed the drive but not the capacity, after trying a few utils and virus scanners, scan disk progs, chkdsk would struggle on the second pass, 3rd pass it just reboot the pc, booted with an xp install disk, went to repair console, ran chkdsk from there, took ages but found no errors, reboot the pc, windows loaded fine :xxgrinning--00xx3: not lost one bit.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
1st July 2011, 21:57
good to see you Andy, you must have used hirens boot cd, i used mini windows xp to get on to the c drive, normally if the windows dir is :censored:, i wipe it and reinstall windows, without touching me data, but this time i couldn't access c thru mini windows xp, showed the drive but not the capacity, after trying a few utils and virus scanners, scan disk progs, chkdsk would struggle on the second pass, 3rd pass it just reboot the pc, booted with an xp install disk, went to repair console, ran chkdsk from there, took ages but found no errors, reboot the pc, windows loaded fine :xxgrinning--00xx3: not lost one bit.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good stuff nice when it turns out good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Back up back up :D