PDA

View Full Version : more discrimination?

joebloggs
2nd May 2007, 16:35
why is it that i have to use a seperate form set (o) for my stepson who's just turned 18, as i take it the gov see him no longer as a child. :Erm:

yet ' EEA nationals intending to exercise Treaty rights as a student are entitled to bring in their family members for the initial period of residence (i.e. first three months.) After that period only the student’s spouse or civil partner and their dependent children under the age of 21 are entitled to remain. Other family members may fall to be treated as “extended family members”. '

then why is it EEA nationals can bring to the uk 'their dependent children under the age of 21' - so european law a child is under 21 :Erm: why not 18 ?

talk about discrimination again... :NoNo:
and i thought one of European union aims was to fight ageism and discrimination.

:furious3:

KeithD
2nd May 2007, 17:25
UK law has always been 18 that's why....pubs....bookies...

joebloggs
2nd May 2007, 17:59
yes well make it same for everyone, 18 or 21. its crazy that if my stepson was 18, i couldn't bring him to the uk, even thou iam british, to join all his family or worse his own mother couldnt bring him here, yet a eea natoinal can bring a dependant under 21 :Rasp: , just wrong and crazy..

oh and talk about crazy, i just received 2 letters from ind saying thanks for the application. they made mistakes on both letters.
both the letters are addressed to me, as i'm the one paying for the visa's,
but where it says regarding applicant , the've put my name again instead of my wifes name :omg:

on the other letter they managed to get my stepsons name in the regarding applicant bit right, but put on it , thanks for the set ( m) form but it was a set (o) form :omg:

:Help1: :Help1: :Help1:
i just dont know why i bother :icon_lol:

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 18:11
I know why you keep on wingging about! that is because you've already paid too many fees for them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Isn't too expensive to have a family from abroad nowadays?:Erm:

joebloggs
2nd May 2007, 19:31
am moaning about how unfair it is,
how ind make basic, stpuid mistakes, but if i make one, they can reject my app and not refund the money. becuase of the 2 mistakes they made just in the letters they send me, how about ind refunding me the money, it worrying when they can't get a simple letter right . and what about other mistakes i dont know about :omg:

yes upto now, spouse visa, visa for daughter, visa for stepson what £1000 +
flr £335
living in rip off uk test £100+
ILR £1500
naturalisation £ 1310

visa costs in just over 3 years will be more than £4200
:icon_lol:

:bigcry:

aromulus
2nd May 2007, 22:08
why is it that i have to use a seperate form set (o) for my stepson who's just turned 18, as i take it the gov see him no longer as a child. :Erm:

yet ' EEA nationals intending to exercise Treaty rights as a student are entitled to bring in their family members for the initial period of residence (i.e. first three months.) After that period only the student’s spouse or civil partner and their dependent children under the age of 21 are entitled to remain. Other family members may fall to be treated as “extended family members”. '

then why is it EEA nationals can bring to the uk 'their dependent children under the age of 21' - so european law a child is under 21 :Erm: why not 18 ?

talk about discrimination again... :NoNo:
and i thought one of European union aims was to fight ageism and discrimination.

:furious3:

I got some spare italian citizenships for sale.... going cheap...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
2nd May 2007, 22:40
I got some spare italian citizenships for sale.... going cheap...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dont think joe wants to think about italy at the moment
:rolleyes:

aromulus
2nd May 2007, 23:24
dont think joe wants to think about italy at the moment
:rolleyes:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

sore about San Siro??? :xxsmilie_fussball: :xxsmilie_fussball: :xxsmilie_fussball:

joebloggs
3rd May 2007, 06:16
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

well come on scousers :xxgrinning--00xx3:
oh and united will win premiership, and italy will be :bigcry: as will chelsea be. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nah my parents are from lithunania, i should have got a lithunanian passport years ago, and do what you did, get em in for free :icon_lol: