PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Festival - Photo meet up

ginapeterb
17th June 2005, 15:45
Barrio Festival - Photo Meet

After talking to most of you, it seems that some people are indeed coming to the Festival in Hounslow, what I am now trying to do is co-ordinate a meet up at the Barrio Festival.

This presents us with 2 problems, in coordinating a meet up, (no funny comments please - dont make it worse than it is)

1. How to identify fellow forum members who have not physically met as yet.

2. the Fact that there is 2 days to cover, this may mean that some come on Saturday the 16th and others come on Sunday the 17th.

So I propose the following.

It would be good after reading this post to decide if you are intending to come and if you want to be part of a group photograph

Entitled "Filipinouk Group 2005"

I can certainly bring a digital camera that is capable of taking good quality images, if anyone else has a super duper one, then by all means bring it, secondly, you have to decide if you want to meet up with other members of the forum even if its a brief meet and introductions, it will make it easier in the future if people are intending to be part of the forum discussions, I know I have a meeting with Keith on Saturday in Kent, so thats that one out of the way, I have already met Paul Thomas, and we have become acquaintances, however I have still to Meet Rob and Elsa, and perhaps one or two others.

So what I suggest you all do, is decide if you are coming, then indicate your day preference on this thread, then I would ask you to Personal message me your contact mobile telephone number that you will carry with you on the day, please make sure its switched on, suggest then we set a time to meet up, and I will attempt to coordinate everyone in attendance.

So lets see what the interest is, and lets see who is going ? remember, please indicate on this thread if you are going, what day you intend to go, and leave me your mobile phone number as a personal message to my box, I will then make up a directory and let you know who is going where.

Lets see how this works

Pete

mrsfrivolity
17th June 2005, 16:54
Right ....

My family is confirmed on Sunday.

Peekchurs???? Love it!

:lol:

Just please ... let's not do coordinated clothing ... :blink:

ginapeterb
17th June 2005, 17:59
Just please ... let's not do coordinated clothing ... :blink:

Quoted post

Cielo, i was going to suggest the gentleman wore Barong Tagalog, but then Keith will be on us like a shot, with his famous scouser sense of humour, he will probably think its a new sex position.

Best to communicate with mobile phones, or we could have basbeball caps, with Filipinouk on....good idea Paul Thomas, hope Ibitha (Ibiza) is nice Paul, lucky git..sunning himself while the rest of us are in blighty,

moi
21st June 2005, 12:12
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Jun 17 2005, 04:59 PM
Cielo, i was going to suggest the gentleman wore Barong Tagalog, but then Keith will be on us like a shot, with his famous scouser sense of humour, he will probably think its a new sex position.

Best to communicate with mobile phones, or we could have basbeball caps, with Filipinouk on....good idea Paul Thomas, hope Ibitha (Ibiza) is nice Paul, lucky git..sunning himself while the rest of us are in blighty,

Quoted post

We'll be there Sunday.And yes, won't forget my mobile.See you all!!

Admin
22nd June 2005, 08:41
50/50 if I'm going at the moment after the last distaster (published elsewhere), but we'd probably go down on the Friday and come back on the Sunday, this time staying at our nieces houses, and getting through Dartford after the bloody rush hour.....say 11:59PM !!!! :blink:

It's all down to whether my steroids have lasted that long, if not, I can't drive, and I'm not using a smelly train, or bothering with the airports for a short trip. I should know what I'm doing in 2 weeks.

gm47
22nd June 2005, 11:07
I will try and drop in on the sunday, it should be interesting as I haven't been before, as I only live 10 mins from there I will have no travel stories like Keith has had................ I could feel the tension just reading about that wedding trip !!!......
total nightmare !!!!

Gerry

gm47
11th July 2005, 10:35
So who's going and on which day ? Anyone want a meet up ? and how ?

walesrob
11th July 2005, 11:10
Originally posted by gm47@Jul 11 2005, 09:35 AM
So who's going and on which day ? Anyone want a meet up ? and how ?

Quoted post

Elsa and I cant make now as we're very short staffed at work, but if anyone is going, please wrtite a report about it, and we will try to get there next year!

Admin
11th July 2005, 19:53
we're very short staffed at work
Can't you buy a longer staff like Gandolf? :blink:

We'll be there Saturday afternoon. Probably best to meet by a KFC or something local easy to find, but I know bugger all down there. I'll take a peak at the traffic cams tomorrow, and check out the location on the GPS & Google satellite pics of the area.

I'll be bringing the video camera and carrying it around with it switched on, so after the event please visit www.filipinouk_voyeurism.com :rolleyes: :lol:

Oishii
12th July 2005, 23:43
Hi Folks. Long time no see eh?

Well, I've been in Ibiza for a short break away from the UK and I've been busy in Westminster, what with these bloody bombers etc.

I'll be going to the Barrio Festival on Saturday 16th.

If anyone else is going to be there on Saturday, post here or ping me and we'll arrange a meeting place.

I'm looking forward to the food. All that lovely garlic. :P

Admin
13th July 2005, 09:43
Pete's arranging the meetup, it'll be around 1:30am. Location as yet unknown, as I need to txt him when I'm there.

ginapeterb
14th July 2005, 21:17
Originally posted by admin@Jul 13 2005, 08:43 AM
Pete's arranging the meetup, it'll be around 1:30am. Location as yet unknown, as I need to txt him when I'm there.

Quoted post

Oiishi, I have to get in touch with you by landline, some developments to discuss, and need to meet up with you on Saturday, suggest a group meeting around 1.30pm, I have your mobile, also have Keiths, I also have one or two others, will text all interested parties around 12.30pm, to meet at xxxx location when I arrive and find out where is appropriate, will call you tomorrow down town, I am in Kensington am tomorrow if you get this.

Admin
14th July 2005, 22:14
I'm leaving at midday Friday, how is that for being eager? :P

fred
28th February 2006, 13:05
Anyone been to the Milton keynes fiesta weekend bash?
Seems to be becoming a major FilBrit event..
I met the guy that shipped a jeepney from Manila to thailand and then drove it to the UK at the event last year.. Anyone else seen it?

Pauldo
3rd March 2006, 16:18
Originally posted by fred@Feb 28 2006, 01:05 PM
Anyone been to the Milton keynes fiesta weekend bash?
Seems to be becoming a major FilBrit event..
I met the guy that shipped a jeepney from Manila to thailand and then drove it to the UK at the event last year.. Anyone else seen it?

Quoted post

When is the barrio Filipino festival thingy on this year? Anybody know? I'd like to take the tribe down if possible, let them eat some dried dog or whatever that godawful smelly garbage is they like :Hellooo: ^_^

fred
3rd March 2006, 19:22
Its on every year around the 21 st of August. It runs all weekend.
The eating of dog meat is strictly prohibited unless roasted/BBqed and disguised appropriatley as pork or lamb..

Pauldo
8th March 2006, 05:23
Originally posted by fred@Mar 3 2006, 07:22 PM
Its on every year around the 21 st of August. It runs all weekend.
The eating of dog meat is strictly prohibited unless roasted/BBqed and disguised appropriatley as pork or lamb..

Quoted post

Thanks Fred, is it advertised anywhere, web site or whatever?
Not sure of my work schedule for that period so no guarantees whether we'll get there this year.

Gavanddal
16th July 2006, 07:44
We're going to Hounslow today (Sunday). Hopefully we'll see a familiar face or two.

We went to Milton Keynes last year and that was a good day out. I was surprised to see so many people with their picnic tables, big bowls of rice and other foods, really making a day of it.