PDA

View Full Version : Baby born in UK

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 08:56
I made a new thread relevant to this question about my baby. I found this rules on IND website, anyone please explain more. My understanding is that my baby can be registered as British citizen if I become settled before she's 18? So that means I don't have to include her as a dependant?

Here is section 18...

" Rights to registration as a British citizen

18. If a child does not become a British citizen at birth, he or she may be entitled to registration as a British citizen later. This will happen if either parent becomes a British citizen or legally settles here before the child is 18; or if the child stays here until age 10. If the child is not entitled to registration, the Home Secretary may decide to allow registration. "

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 09:05
What is your current status in UK? What about the nationality of the mother of your child?

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 09:10
Ah! just read your post on the other thread

You said So since I will be applying permanent residency only this coming 1st of July then that means my baby is not considered British citizen under the law? Well I guess I have to file her as dependant then.

Yes! You have answered your questioned here.

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 09:17
I'm confused! Has your wife already gave birth or due on 27 Dec 2007?

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 09:21
But the rules I read was a bit different, the section 18. I might probably call them before I made my application. Me and my wife are both Filipino citizen, we are here as I hold 5 year work permit and ending 27th July. If they decide to include her as my dependant then I need to apply for a passport.
I will inform everybody of the outcome after I talked to the Home Office and the immigration department.

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 09:22
Ops. Sorry my mistake. My baby was born 25th Dec. 2006.

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 09:23
Ops. My mistake. She was born 25th Dec. 2006

(edited)

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 09:28
Any child born in UK can not be automatically a British Citizen unless one of the parent is holding a ILR or Permanent resident or British Citizen when the child was born. You will have to include your child to your application as your dependant.

Read this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/advice/bn9

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 09:31
Ops. Sorry my mistake. My baby was born 25th Dec. 2006.

Ops. My mistake. She was born 15th Dec. 2006

:icon_lol: You are not sure what is your child's date of birth:icon_lol:

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 09:54
Hehe.. yeah.. I tried to edit my post but it seems I can't, that's why there are some mistakes. I've seem them but how can I edit my posts? The correct birth date is 25 December 2006, we spent our christmas at Nottingham city hospital.
I need to re-read this post to make sure it's right this time.

P.S. Ahhhhh... now I see the edit button.

2nd P.S. I tried to call the Naturalization office, busy. I need to talk to them sooner so I know if I need to apply for my baby's Philippine passport just in case.

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 11:11
Finally I talked to to Naturalization office and the Immigration.

Naturalization Tel: 08450105200..

Me: I dialed,,ring...ring..
Woman: Yes? What can I do for you?
Me: I just want to ask about naturalization. My baby was born here 25th
Dec 2006, does she qualify as British citizen?
Woman: Were any of you or you wife British citizen or settled?
Me: No. We will just file for settlement this coming July.
Woman: Then no, your baby is not a naturalized British citizen, but If your
application will be succesful then you can register your baby as
British citizen.
Me: Should I include my baby in my application as dependant?
Woman: I cannot answer that, perhaps you should call the Immigration
here is the number 08706067766.
Me: Thank you.

I dialed the said number.

Me: Ring.. ring...
Woman: Immigration. Anything I can do for you?
Me: My baby was born here 25 Dec 2006, I will be applying for
settlement this July, should I include my baby as my dependant?
Woman: You can include your baby as your dependant.
Me: Will my baby qualified to register as naturalized citizen if my
application is succesful?
Woman: You can ask the naturalization office, I will give you the number.
Me: I already talked to them and the woman said that if my application
is succesful then my baby could be registered as naturalized
citizen.
Woman: Oh alright, then you don't have to include her as your dependant.
After your succesful application send all your details including your
baby to the naturalization affice.
Me: So I don't have to include her as my dependant?
Woman: No if you plan to register your baby as naturalized British born
citizen. Anything else?
Me: That's all for now. Thank you.
Woman: You're welcome.

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 12:42
No! I suggest you should still include your child to your ILR application as he/she is your dependant!

You will only have to pay £18 for Report of birth and £36 for Passport to the Philippine Embassy.

The child can be registered as a British citizen immediately once the parent is granted ILR. There is no need to wait until the parent is eligible for British citizenship.

nparvus1202
2nd May 2007, 14:02
Yes, I think I will include her as my dependant. So now I need to get her a passport asap. Thanks LadyJ.

dave65
9th May 2007, 13:33
So as a question related to this subject, is it possible for the children to have dual nationality
reason i ask is that jas and i intend that when i reach retiement age we move to the islands (some way off yet)
so we had thought after 2 years jas would apply for her ilr but not citizenship since she wishes to remain a philippine national,
also if anything should happen to me we thought it would make things simpler to return, and possible to take any children we have with her with minimum paperwork hassle either here or the philippines

LadyJ
9th May 2007, 16:06
So as a question related to this subject, is it possible for the children to have dual nationality
reason i ask is that jas and i intend that when i reach retiement age we move to the islands (some way off yet)
so we had thought after 2 years jas would apply for her ilr but not citizenship since she wishes to remain a philippine national,
also if anything should happen to me we thought it would make things simpler to return, and possible to take any children we have with her with minimum paperwork hassle either here or the philippines

Register your child's birth to the Philippine Embassy in London, form can be downloaded at philemb.org.uk. The late registration fee of GBP18 is required if the child is more than a year old. Applying for Philippine passport can be done anytine you wish.

Also It usually take about a month or two upon receipt of the Report of Birth, the Philippine Embassy shall forward it to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila for onward transmittal to NSO. You shall keep your copy of the Report of Birth.

LadyJ
9th May 2007, 16:14

Your wife won't loss her Filipino Citizenship even she apply for British Citizenship.

So its OK for her to a have dual citizenship:xxgrinning--00xx3:

dave65
10th May 2007, 12:43
:Hellooo: Lady J you are a star all this useful info:xxgrinning--00xx3: