PDA

View Full Version : 'Columbo' Peter Falk dies

Steve.r
24th June 2011, 21:42
Sad news that this well loved actor has passed away. Not everyone's favorite for sure, but I always enjoyed his style of work.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/06/24/obit.falk/

alanmf1
24th June 2011, 21:46
A legend in Detective series RIP Mr Columbo

bornatbirth
24th June 2011, 21:48
i like watching columbo...to bad people get old and die

Terpe
24th June 2011, 21:51
I also really enjoyed Columbo.
RIP Peter Falk. He was just perfect in that series.

joebloggs
24th June 2011, 21:54
:bigcry:
also liked him in the WW2 films he made

mickcant
24th June 2011, 22:05
I am anouther who enjoyed Columbo.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
RIP Peter Falk.
Mick.

Englishman2010
24th June 2011, 22:05
I used to like staying up late on a Saturday night as a kid in the 70's, watching Columbo before MOTD came on. RIP

Tawi2
24th June 2011, 22:25
to bad people get old
I think that every morning when I look in the mirror while shaving :NoNo:

Moy
24th June 2011, 23:15
his a great lost:bigcry:

Doc Alan
24th June 2011, 23:16
How sad, but at least he "died peacefully at home" , unlike the many fictitious homicides he investigated :doh. Peter Falk also lived longer than the current life expectancy of USA males ( 76 ).
The cause of death has not so far been released, although he was said to have had Alzheimer's disease.
Unfortunately doctors issuing death certificates in the USA, and elsewhere like the UK, are told by the authorities to avoid "old age" alone as the cause of death. In many cases "old age" may be more truthful than giving a medical condition such as "bronchopneumonia" - which could encourage the relatives to ask " Just one more thing ... why wasn't it properly treated ?":NoNo:
R.I.P. Peter Falk aka Columbo.

Arthur Little
25th June 2011, 01:02
Sad news that this well loved actor has passed away. Not everyone's favorite for sure, but I always enjoyed his style of work.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/06/24/obit.falk/

:iagree: ... his style was unique! I notice he'd developed an advanced stage of Alzheimer's latterly - as Alan has just confirmed - and could scarcely recall playing the exceptionally-talented role as an apparently "bumbling", shabbily-dressed ... albeit unexpectantly brilliant ... Detective Lt. Columbo. Maybe all that sleuthing proved too much for the old grey cells in the end! :cwm24:

RIP, Peter Falk! ;)