PDA

View Full Version : uk student visa

ein11eleven
1st May 2007, 15:26
help! queries lang po, if i have to apply for a work visa, after my student visa, would i need to go back from my own country?

and info? thanks!!!!

eljean
2nd May 2007, 17:13
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721067373

eljean
2nd May 2007, 17:17
Can I work?
You can take part-time or holiday work, but you must not:

work for more than 20 hours a week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies, has been agreed with your educational institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognised examining body
do business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer, or
work full-time in a permanent job.

If you are coming to the UK as a student for six months or less, you must ask the Entry Clearance Officer (or the Immigration Officer if you do not need an entry clearance) for permission to work.
Back to questions

Can I switch to work permit employment when I am in the UK?
You may be able to switch if:

you have completed a recognised degree course at either a UK publicly-funded institution of further or higher education or an approved private education institution that has satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance
you hold a valid work permit for employment
and
you have been sponsored by a government or agency and you have their written permission to remain in the UK in a different category
and
you have not broken immigration law.

ein11eleven
4th May 2007, 15:11
thanks! hows life there? you think i can get by financially, coz i know it2s cost of living there is very expensive.

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 17:02
Your financial will be tested before the embassy can give you a visa

and

that's why people who holds student visa here are allowed to work so they can support themselves.

flowerpopgurl
12th June 2007, 17:34
help pls..

my uncle is planning to sponsor me to get a student visa but i already have a degree here in the Philippines. Is it possible to apply using my highschool records to start a new since i dont know if my subjects will be credited? any advice also for cheap schools for international students?

thanks! =)

flowerpopgurl