PDA

View Full Version : postal letters

5olidsnake
30th April 2007, 18:39
hi everyone

was chatting to my fiancee today on yahoo messenger and in the conversation she asks me why i only send 3 letters through the post and she sends so many ?

i've posted more than 10 and only 3 got through:NoNo:
i have 7 from her

the embassy must be aware of how bad the postal system is in phils

is that enough letters, as i travel soon to apply for visa

how many letters did you guys n gals submit for a sucessful visa ??

many thanks
martin

Mich
30th April 2007, 18:44
if you are going to send a letter to someone living in the philippines, better send it thru a courier service (dhl, lbc, fedex, etc). it sure will reach its recipient.

the postal system here is not reliable esp if you have slip something valuable between those pages.

andypaul
30th April 2007, 18:47
I sent the odd card mostly in with other paperwork with fedex.

Many people dont send in any letters from what i read as how many do you send in the UK nowdays?

5olidsnake
30th April 2007, 18:48
not not sure we have enough letters

we have 20+ emails
and months of yahoo transcripts and yahoo call history

but how much evidence does ECO want to prove you have remained in contact whilst seperated ?

Ann07
30th April 2007, 18:53
as i remember it was only two letters i sent during my application.
Goodluck to your application.

ann

5olidsnake
30th April 2007, 18:58
thanks ann

i fly friday 8th june so really last time to post last few letters hope some more get through !!

so we should apply monday/tuesday after we get managers cheque

martin

scotsfiancee
30th April 2007, 19:10
i never send any post mails to the embassy, although i have few mails from him :)

So whatever how many mails you have had now, not a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck to you both!!

andypaul
30th April 2007, 19:15
not not sure we have enough letters

we have 20+ emails
and months of yahoo transcripts and yahoo call history

but how much evidence does ECO want to prove you have remained in contact whilst seperated ?

well if it shows your in contact whenever you both possibly can no need to worry.

Some people can talk every day all day others cant for one reason or another.

You just send some example emails and show the logs of your yahho chats. Also any phone bill records as well if you have them.

No need to send any letters nowdays as its so easy to send emails and the embassy must realise how much it costs and how likely they are to go missing or get delayed.

Evidence of letters was more pre email days i guess, although it is still nice to send and recieve cards, letters and parcels many relationships on here seem to have just shown e mail, yahoo/msn logs and telephone records if they exist.

don't worry your be fine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

5olidsnake
30th April 2007, 19:29
thanks you have made me happy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

the best thing about the letters and cards is that she has sprayed them with her perfume and its nice to smell her and dream of the last time in march we were together and the future.

5 weeks seems such a longtime, best go in my document box and have a smell

prettyd30
30th April 2007, 22:37
hi everyone

was chatting to my fiancee today on yahoo messenger and in the conversation she asks me why i only send 3 letters through the post and she sends so many ?

i have 7 from her

many thanks
martin

hi there! how long have you met your fiancee? :)

5olidsnake
1st May 2007, 05:12
hi prettyd30

we met october

visited her december and march

prettyd30
1st May 2007, 07:25
hi 5olidsnake we're really happy for both of you... i hope everything goes well with your application. Please keep us posted. Im going to apply probably next month so a little bit of info from you will be of great help (especially with the requirements you submitted). Thanks! :)

by the way what's your fiancee's name and where she from?

Philip
1st May 2007, 10:31
Send through Royal Mail - International Postage and they'll arrive ok. Just ask at post office counter when you send it. :)

joebloggs
1st May 2007, 10:48
only one of a few thnigs i sent to my wife was a box, with a ring, mobile, books, etc it was the size of 2 shoe boxes, and i used the royal mail, it only took more than 3 months to get there :omg:

once my wife sent a letter to me, it had birth cert in it, i waited for weeks for it, it never arrived, about 2 months after posting it, my wife phoned me to say it had been returned to her :omg: , the people at the sorting office had stapmed on it, something like 'wrong address' well yes for the house number she put 1 intstead of a 7, but the rest of the address and post code was right , and my surname was right on it, there are only 2 people in the whole country who have same surname as me, me and my bro :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:doh so she sent the letter back, poor letter done 20,000 miles :NoNo:

funny my wife sent me must be 30+ letters i got them all, and only took about a week to get to me.. :Hellooo:

Shamrockdave2003
1st May 2007, 12:09
I need to send important docs to my Fiance.
THey have got to arrive fast - any suggestions??

SD

tiger@tigress
1st May 2007, 12:21
Send through Royal Mail - International Postage and they'll arrive ok. Just ask at post office counter when you send it. :)

:D :D :D

joebloggs
1st May 2007, 13:32
I need to send important docs to my Fiance.
THey have got to arrive fast - any suggestions??

SD

dhl, fed ex, but there all dear, cost me like £80 to send about 70 sheets of a4 documents, but they del in about 48 hrs. and when my stepson posted the documents off to the embassy, he got a call from a pen pusher, saying they wanted my current bank statements and payslips !! seeing i didnt have them when i posted the documents to him, it would have been impossible, he was told to bring them when he went for the interview, well i wasn't going to pay dhl again, so i scanned them in, and emailed them to him, iam sure if the documents are from the uk, then a photocopy will do, he took them, and they accepted them.

5olidsnake
1st May 2007, 17:44
hi phillip

sent all my letters with royal mail (airmail) to tanza
sent another today, this time i did not seal envelope up so the postman can have a look for money and put it back in post system.:cwm3:

the letters i send to her grandfathers house in valenzuela city will get there so fast, 1 week no problems

martin

5olidsnake
4th May 2007, 05:13
hi prettyd30

you can chat to me on yahoo messenger if you want, online anytime

nerointegrale16v

martin

Philip
9th May 2007, 21:46
hi phillip

sent all my letters with royal mail (airmail) to tanza
sent another today, this time i did not seal envelope up so the postman can have a look for money and put it back in post system.:cwm3:

the letters i send to her grandfathers house in valenzuela city will get there so fast, 1 week no problems

martin

Airmail is just the same as standard here, that's why it's best to use a service where a signature is required upon arrival.

International Signed For is the one to go for... I had no problems when I sent via that service. :)

Shamrockdave2003
17th May 2007, 15:05
Have sent some docs via International Signed for..........the guy at the post office said that it should take a bout a week.
That was almost 2 weeks ago..............:omg:

Philip
18th May 2007, 12:46
Have sent some docs via International Signed for..........the guy at the post office said that it should take a bout a week.
That was almost 2 weeks ago..............:omg:

It leaves the UK the next day... after that, who knows. :Rasp:

joebloggs
18th May 2007, 13:30
anythnig important get a courier to take it,,, :D

as i've said before my wife sent me a letter with my daughters birth cert in it, but my wife got one of the digits wrong in me house number, she put a 1 instead of a 7, and even thou the rest of the address was correct, and the post code was, and there are only 2 people in the uk with my surname. they sent it back to my wife in the philippines, and wrote on the envelope 'address unknown' :icon_lol:
and we both were wondering where the letter was for months.. :Erm:

Philip
18th May 2007, 13:43
anythnig important get a courier to take it,,, :D

as i've said before my wife sent me a letter with my daughters birth cert in it, but my wife got one of the digits wrong in me house number, she put a 1 instead of a 7, and even thou the rest of the address was correct, and the post code was, and there are only 2 people in the uk with my surname. they sent it back to my wife in the philippines, and wrote on the envelope 'address unknown' :icon_lol:
and we both were wondering where the letter was for months.. :Erm:

Well, get the address right!? :Rasp:

I just took a packet from an office that a courier had left... addressed to the other side of the city.

joebloggs
18th May 2007, 13:57
my surname should be good enough ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh even my post code :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh,. maybe with a bit of thinking :Erm: , a 10yr old would work out that 1 digit was wrong !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how many houses does a post code cover , 5 ??? so from the post code and my name on the envelope,, they couldnt get it down to one house , who have they got in the sorting office :confused: :NEW5: :xxanimal-smiley-085

oh i better :xxparty-smiley-004:

funny how bills never get lost, poll tax, etc...
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Philip
18th May 2007, 14:23
my surname should be good enough ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh even my post code :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh,. maybe with a bit of thinking :Erm: , a 10yr old would work out that 1 digit was wrong !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how many houses does a post code cover , 5 ??? so from the post code and my name on the envelope,, they couldnt get it down to one house , who have they got in the sorting office :confused: :NEW5: :xxanimal-smiley-085

oh i better :xxparty-smiley-004:

funny how bills never get lost, poll tax, etc...
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It could have been someone unfamiliar to your area or the route. If not, then grab em and punch em! :D

STU3UK
19th May 2007, 09:18
Does anyone know how long it takes for a letter to arrive from Philippines? My fiance has sent me a letter and it hasnt arrived yet:NoNo:

KeithD
19th May 2007, 09:25
50/50 chance of it arriving at all, otherwise it can take 3 months in some cases.

Always use a courier when posting anything important.

STU3UK
22nd May 2007, 22:01
Does anyone know how long it takes for a letter to arrive from Philippines? My fiance has sent me a letter and it hasnt arrived yet:NoNo:

Just to let you know my letter was hand delivered about 7pm tonight. Hannah had used a courier of some kind it must have been expensive but it seems a good way to ensure letters reach their destination!

5olidsnake
23rd May 2007, 03:26
http://www.lbcexpress.com/
was 2700 peso per letter to uk:NoNo:

Shamrockdave2003
23rd May 2007, 11:40
I Posted my letter which contained my original CNI on the 5th May by International Signed for , the guy said it would take a week.
Arrived today 2.5 weeks not bad i guess for £5.50
Although my missus had to go the post office to collect and keep ringing them up.
I suspect if she didn't keep applying pressure it might have gone walkys

Philip
23rd May 2007, 20:19
I Posted my letter which contained my original CNI on the 5th May by International Signed for , the guy said it would take a week.
Arrived today 2.5 weeks not bad i guess for £5.50
Although my missus had to go the post office to collect and keep ringing them up.
I suspect if she didn't keep applying pressure it might have gone walkys

It probably sat in in the phils for a bit getting a sun tan. :cwm25:

KeithD
24th May 2007, 10:05
It probably sat in in the phils for a bit getting a sun tan. :cwm25:

Why you posting? Having a breather??? :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
24th May 2007, 23:37
hi everyone

i have 7 from her

many thanks
martin

talking about letters...it was very funny experience and maybe a bit upsetting as hubby 1st visit for me last year in may to june 2006.his daughter sent him a fathers day card but we didnt managed to recieved it and when hubby and i came back to uk this february this year.we we`re quite surprise because his daugther got the fathers day card that supposed to be she sent it to his father.we didnt know where was the letter been to, probably we thought been travelling all over the world.and then we thought why not sent the letter back to hubby`s daughter at this year of fathers day at least it makes more sense.its just a funny side or irritating story of philippines postal matter.and its up to you,us how to deal with it.:cwm34:

5olidsnake
27th May 2007, 09:50
cynthia went to the post office and asked if there was any letters there for her and there was two

so 6 out of 15ish aint bad:Erm:

symonh2000
27th May 2007, 13:32
As of me during the time my wife was in Phil.I didnt know how bad the Phil.post there.I send a birthday card to her and i enclose with a bracelet as a present in that card but sad to say she wasnt able to recieve it.
Next time again i send just a plain letter to her still she wasnt able to recieve it while all her letter for me i got it.
The 3rd time i send an important doc.for her application i send it through register mail in the post office then finally she was able to recieve it..
That was in manila post office but i was wondering when my wife recently send letters and card to her mom in
Davao all of those 4 letters she send to Phil.her mom was able to recieve it..Is it people in DAvao Post Office more honest than people in manila post office?Just wondering hehehehe....

joebloggs
27th May 2007, 13:49
for many years my wife use to send me at least a letter a month from laguna, as far as i can tell i recieved all of them, must have been 20+, the only one i had a problem with was then she wrote the wrong house number down and it ended up being send back to her :doh , but the last letter she wrote must have been 4 years ago, so maybe thnigs are worse now :Erm:

5olidsnake
31st May 2007, 20:27
4 letters arrived in phils today all at once:Rasp:

maybe im just to used to a regular service here

baboyako
31st May 2007, 20:35
Why you posting? Having a breather??? :icon_lol:

zinc deficiency :D :Hellooo:

Philip
5th June 2007, 20:21
:luv4:

STU3UK
15th August 2007, 22:06
Eventually I sent my Letter via the Royal Mail International Signed For Service, I sent a letter and a card on the 18th June.

The letter then arrived in the Philippines within 6 days and found its way to Iligan City (Where Hannah lives) on 28th June...So it took 9 days which is pretty good.

However, what happened after this is a mystery as the letter was eventually delivered to her house during the first week in August, whilst I was there visiting. So what happened in the 6 weeks since it arrived in Iligan is anyones guess.:doh

5olidsnake
15th August 2007, 22:17
the main thing it got there

PeterB
15th August 2007, 22:40
Hey, I've sent 3 things to my Mrs. The first was a couple of bars of chocolate, sent to her work address- those have never been seen, but I'm suspicious of some of her work colleagues! The other 2 letters were sent to home, both included cash - one arrived in 6 days, the other in 12. The one letter from her, arrived here in 6 days.

5olidsnake
16th August 2007, 07:08
dont forget peterb to keep

allyn
16th August 2007, 15:29
a week before my hubby and i got married, my hubby"s grandparents send us card to great us in our coming wedding,,,,my husband already went back to scotland and we never got the card....:furious3:
after that my husband never dare to send document thru snail mail here in the philippine,,,,he prefer scanning it and send it to my email...and in terms of money he wire it in my account or send it thru western union:CompBuster:

we dont trust the postal system here in the philippines:NoNo:

PeterB
16th August 2007, 15:47
...and in terms of money he wire it in my account or send it thru western union
WU? Sooooo expensive. Go to PNB and ask for a Global Filipino Money Card. It's free :)
Then, a quick phone call to PNB in London, giving debit card details, will result in money being available to you, in Phils, from an ATM.

Transaction charges are £5 for transfers of up to £1000, and £7 for larger amounts.

Also, PNB ATMs permit up to PHP40,000 to be drawn in one day.

richardandjenny
16th August 2007, 20:33
i find the post quite good and jenny is miles from manila. or the main post run.
longest was a mobile phone at 6 weeks. then it arrived after i canceled the sim:doh

quickest has been 11 days.:Hellooo:

the usual is 14 days door to door for about nearly everything

i have sent lots shoe box size parcels and the odd jiffy bag of goodies and cash.

most has went uninsured and all have arrived, i use international sign for on items which would be a pain to replace or important - i.e. birthday present, valintines etc.

also found if u label the customs label too honestly it delays things. because i put earings on it once and jenny had to wait 3 or 4 days on customs to inspect it before releasing it.

only good thing is the lady in the post office is on first name terms with jenny and knows anything with her name on it is from me.:)

wee write a letter/card once a week as well as the yahoo and emails. nice to recieve a hand written card we think.

silver13
17th August 2007, 01:00
[QUOTE=symonh2000;23839]As of me during the time my wife was in Phil.I didnt know how bad the Phil.post there.I send a birthday card to her and i enclose with a bracelet as a present in that card but sad to say she wasnt able to recieve it.

Same case as me, when paul sent me a handmade card in manila and enclosed a bracelet for my birthday, i didn't receive:bigcry::bigcry: anyway in fairness to our postal system, not everytime is like this:)

charlwill
17th August 2007, 01:22
I am very lucky sending small packets to the Philippines using Intenational Sign For. I sent at least a dozen of mobile phones to my sisters and brothers the items reached to their end at least 7 to 11 days with no problem.

I have my own P.O Box so, each time the small packet arrived the who is in charge, give a buzz to one of my sister and told her that I send something for them. So, the best way is to rent a P.O box.