PDA

View Full Version : embassy translator?

jta
30th April 2007, 11:24
hi guys,

just want to know (for those been interviewed in embassy) if u used translator? Though i understand english pretty well but what im afraid off is having difficulty in understanding the accent of the ECO. I want to hear your experiences....:)

joebloggs
30th April 2007, 13:26
both my wife and stepson were interviewed at the embassy

my wife speaks, reads and writes excellent english thou.

but my stepson who was 17 when he was interviewed, can read and write english well, but has a bit of a problem knowing the words he wants to say in english, and the person who interviewed him was indian !

but both had their visa granted, i'm sure you're be ok :xxgrinning--00xx3: just take your time..

andypaul
30th April 2007, 18:31
Its the embassy responbilty that their staff speak good and clear english.

Practise by watching the bbc channel most cable services seem to show it. You will hear a good range of british accents on there.

If you do get interviewed by an ECO, they may well have been in Phill for a few years so should be used to making sure that phills understand them both ones they work with and in shops etc.

If they were to speak to fast or with to strong an accent just tell them politely they should understand.

tiger@tigress
30th April 2007, 23:53
hi guys,
just want to know (for those been interviewed in embassy) if u used translator? Though i understand english pretty well but what im afraid off is having difficulty in understanding the accent of the ECO. I want to hear your experiences....:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: U dont need translator! :xxgrinning--00xx3: u can do it on your own!