PDA

View Full Version : spouse visa approved in just 3 days

Graham H
13th June 2011, 08:13
Hello everyone.
I would like to thank everyone for all the help and advice you have given me. My wife submitted her application on Tuesday and recieved a text on Friday to say her documents are ready for collection. She got it yippee. :).
She is going to Cebu to hoppfully get her certificate of freedom this week. The web site is not clear regarding the Cebu cfo schedual. Any advice will be most welcome. Graham..

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 08:20
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news graham

stevie c
13th June 2011, 08:41
super news congratulations :Jump:

sars_notd_virus
13th June 2011, 09:00
Congrats!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th June 2011, 10:12
Well done to you both. Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

laurel
13th June 2011, 11:48
Well done...congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
13th June 2011, 12:14
congratulations to the both of you and so quick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Graham H
13th June 2011, 12:26
A special thankyou to Joe Bloggs and Terpe. I took your advice and explained fully why my bank statements was overdrawn. I told them it was unexpected high cost of the wedding and high cost of Easter flights to Phils. I didnt tell them that I was a ripped off by corrupt city hall officials in Davao. I will expose them and their evil ways when my wife is safe in the uk.

ApoEagles
13th June 2011, 16:27
Congratulation to both of you. I hope ours will be successful like yours. We will be lodging our application very soon. Its been over a year now since me and my husband are apart. Anyway if you don't mind me asking where in Davao is your wife. I am from Davao too, have many questions need some answers and was hoping if your wife can give advice or share some tips she did when she lodge the application since she is from davao too. THanks from Calvin and Che here

Graham H
13th June 2011, 17:12
Thanks for your reply.

She is from Mintal. Yes there are tips to getting the visa. What we did was to neatly prepare all the documents they require. We also included some emails we have been sending each other, many photos of our wedding and photos of all the times we where together is just some of the information we sent them.

A good covering letter from your mahal will help. Photos of his house, and as much information as he can send about himself. Try and not send anything that is negative. The more good info the better.

I am only a novice on this site so I took the advice of respected members, in my opinion they are experts on matters like this. Keep seaching the forums and get as much info as you can.

Good luck.... Graham...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kate_th
13th June 2011, 17:36
congratulationsss.... where did she took the english test?:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Graham H
13th June 2011, 17:39
Theodolite Cebu. It took over 2 weeks to get the results though

kate_th
13th June 2011, 17:49
yeah two weeks indeed... did u pass the theodolite result copies??? or only the certificate from edi and the four results from lcci to the embassy????

Graham H
13th June 2011, 17:52
She did all four tests. I said to her that she only needed to take the listening and speaking tests. However Theodolite said she needed to take all four.

Graham H
13th June 2011, 17:55
I think Theodolite sent her exams to somewhere in Malaysia for marking. Very strange. But it was accepted by the B. embassy

kate_th
13th June 2011, 17:59
wat i meant is the theodolite copy... there were 3.. they will give u that after the test right away.. so u wil know ur rating.. did u pass that one aside from the edi certficate and 4 results???
and lastly, did u put theodolite training in the application form annex elt???--provide details how u met the english test...---did u put theodolite as a testing center on that box???:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

kate_th
13th June 2011, 18:01
I think Theodolite sent her exams to somewhere in Malaysia for marking. Very strange. But it was accepted by the B. embassy

what kind of markings/????:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Graham H
13th June 2011, 18:05
Yes she did get the 3 results right away. She had to wait for the other test. And yes she did put Theodolite in as a testing centre in the box on the visa application.

kate_th
13th June 2011, 18:11
okies... thankyou....at least i can breath a little bit better... how about the one u said... hmmmm markings???? wats that for??:Wave::Wave::Wave:

Graham H
13th June 2011, 18:16
Marking means the same as checking the results. I think its an exam checking centre. Do you know anything about the CFO seminar in Cebu. I have been told its very strict and one of the nuns is called The Dragon Lady.

aryM
14th June 2011, 06:33
Congratulations to both of you graham:Hellooo:

I will be having my CFO seminar next week :) i have called them and said the seminar is available monday to friday regardless of the Country you're going. It's on a first come first serve basis and will only accommodate 15 participants everyday. They will be asking for passport, 2 valid IDs, NSO certified marriage certificate, and pictures of your wedding.

stevewool
14th June 2011, 07:28
well done you two, another happy couple, what a great site this is, we should hold our own festival one day:)

Graham H
14th June 2011, 08:13
Thanks aryM

I will keep you posted. She will be going there on the 16th June.
I have been on other sites regarding the Cebu CFO seminar. It looks like they are not conforming to current Philippine guidelines regarding the seminar. They seem to be making up their own rules as they seem fit.

my wife will be taking every document she submited to the B. Embassy to be on the safe side.

Human rights and data protection issues spring to mind on this, as they are not government officials. But unfortunatly the Philippines is not the same as most other countries in the free world.

Graham H
14th June 2011, 08:16
Thanks stevewool. Great idea. We can all get pissed on line all at the same time lol

Graham H
14th June 2011, 09:38
congratulations to the both of you and so quick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks alanp

kate_th
14th June 2011, 10:59
Marking means the same as checking the results. I think its an exam checking centre. Do you know anything about the CFO seminar in Cebu. I have been told its very strict and one of the nuns is called The Dragon Lady.

yep, i had my cfo seminar last nov 2010 and its a non expiry... she will go there and they will have some little chika chika about uk...and some women rights...etc... and some info about what they're gonna if theres emergency from abroad...who they gonna call.. etc.... and the nuns will interview them one by one about your relationship... a little sticky nose...
-- by the way, just went to vfs and give my applications.... and its now on process,, so hopefully there will be a good news...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Graham H
14th June 2011, 11:13
Thanks Kate. good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wrigglybum
15th June 2011, 11:35
congrats graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I remember 4 years ago, when i apply for spouse visa in manila ( will let's say it was'nt as quick as it is now but mine did toke 3 weeks :rolleyes:

had to go thru' my emails for so many of them i delleted some of our early emails cant keep a year and a half email in your in box lol specially when your emailing and talked each other on the phone evry single day:NoNo:

while i was waiting, i went home in surigao del sur to see my family (for i was living in manila and work). then it was friday got a text that my document will be delivered at saturday 10 o'clock am. so i fly back to manila got in the apartment in time before it arrived. call my hubby and delivered him the news he was delighted so i celebrated w/ girlfriends got to the CFO siminar w/ hungover the next morning :laugher: feeling ill :cwm24::doh
issued me the certificate and that was it.... fly here in england the next week:D

Graham H
15th June 2011, 18:26
Hi wrigglybum

We submited a great deal of information. I was told the more info the better so we did just that.

It looks like the visa proccessing times have come down quite a lot now. One person on here got her visa in just one day. I guess there is nothing worse waiting for weeks not knowing if your application has been successful or not.

Well My spouse just needs to get this CFO interigation done with and thats it, shes done.

Its been a long and sometimes stressfull experiance , but it has all been well worth it. I cant wait to get her over here now.

I had better start cleaning the house up now ready for her. Its in a right mess. lol..:D

wrigglybum
15th June 2011, 18:41
I had better start cleaning the house up now ready for her. Its in a right mess. lol..:D[/QUOTE]

:icon_lol: better do that's what my hubby did before i came :icon_lol:

yeah its alot easier now i guess... 2006 was quite slow i've known few girls too when i did mine, they were still waiting while i had mine, and they were asked for an enterview:rolleyes:
i guess they're quite entertained reading some of our argumentative emails :laugher::laugher:

congrats again graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
17th June 2011, 11:15
Thanks aryM

I will keep you posted. She will be going there on the 16th June.
I have been on other sites regarding the Cebu CFO seminar. It looks like they are not conforming to current Philippine guidelines regarding the seminar. They seem to be making up their own rules as they seem fit.

my wife will be taking every document she submited to the B. Embassy to be on the safe side.

Human rights and data protection issues spring to mind on this, as they are not government officials. But unfortunatly the Philippines is not the same as most other countries in the free world.

Hi, i had bad experience with those CFO (in manila) i was embarrassed in front of other filipina when she ignorantly say to me"well ur not leggally married!!' (just because i forgot to bring my hubby's divorce paper to prove that my hubby already divorced when we got married...
She just say it in her big loud voice:bigcry:
and i was pregnant at that time!!!
anyway, hope your wife can sort it out soon, just dont forget to bring all the documents for CFO sticker, she can try to go to cfo quezon city i forgot the address...
members here said, they re very polite and well mannered...what a shame i did not go to that office
god luck