PDA

View Full Version : baptism papers

denehazel
29th April 2007, 18:23
hi .my fiancee wants to get maried in church in the phililppines.i have read that i need baptism papers.i have not got these and dont think i can get(unless someone can help me).is there some way we could get married in church without baptism papers.my fiancee thinks she can not wear a wedding dress in a civil wedding.i told her she can,im i right
regards noel

andypaul
29th April 2007, 18:36
In a cvill wedding you can wear what you like with in certain limits may not be the best time to wear your old painting shirt or Your cycle shorts.
with regards the paperwork i guess they are checking to make sure your the right denomatation etc. are you both catholic? if you are might be worth asking your parents if you were baptised if so where, when and do they have the paperwork otherwise you may need the church to help you there i guess.

denehazel
29th April 2007, 18:42
thanks andypaul,i am protestant she is catholic.both my parents are dead.i know i was baptised and where.i will try and contact the church.

denehazel
29th April 2007, 18:49
we are buying her wedding dress in manila.anyone know any good shops there.also how much will it cost there(im not rich lol)

andypaul
29th April 2007, 19:28
thanks andypaul,i am protestant she is catholic.both my parents are dead.i know i was baptised and where.i will try and contact the church.

Has your wife checked its ok with vicar/priest/father that its ok for you to be a proddy and get married in the church.
I would just check to make sure there are no problems which might occur due to this.

aromulus
29th April 2007, 19:58
Jet and I were married in a civil ceremony last february, she looked splendid in her wedding dress, and so did all the maids of honour, bridesmaids and flower girls.
The list of requirements for a church wedding verge from the sublime to the ridiculous, I sincerely hope that you won't need all of them. Apart from the fact that it can be rather costly. Personally i would opt for a civil do, I didn't need my baptism certificate, less hassle, less expense and she can wear the wedding dress with pride.
The cost of a wedding dress (with all the trimmings) may vary considerably, from £60 to whatever you can get ripped off for.
You also have the "second user" option. whereas you just hire the dress and trimmings, for a fraction of the cost.
We went for a handmade one, dearer, but it was Jet's day after all....

But ultimately the choice rests with the both of you...

Good luck

Dom

mach
30th April 2007, 04:25
Dom is right, your fiancee can wear wedding gown even if it's civil. I've seen a lot of brides getting married at the City Hall of Manila wearing their wedding gown. Anyway, you can find the cheapest wedding gown packages in Divisoria.

tutuban prime block -4503088

Smart Bridal Collection
Address: H-09 CB1 2F Tutuban Center CM Recto, Manila
Contact Persons: Melinda
Contact Number: 253-1782

Leonie Bautista
Address: H14 CB II Tutuban Center CM Recto Tondo, Manila / 363 F. Lozada St. Gatchalian Subd. Ph3 Las Pinas City
Contact Persons: Leonie / Grace
Contact Number: 0926-3143709 / 8293672

Ann07
30th April 2007, 19:28
hi denehazel,

Yes, you need to provide your baptismal certificate.Some Protestant Baptism the Catholic Church honors it. I think its Presbyterian or Methodist. If not still ok, I would advise you( or your fiance) to talk to the parish priest or the Bishop for it requires particular attention. We call it mixed marriages or interchurch in the Catholic Church.

Goodluck and Congratulations in advance.

Ann

denehazel
3rd May 2007, 23:21
thank you everyone once again.you have been a great help to my fiancee and me.
noel