can someone please tell me how i get a certified photo copy of my passport

thanks

peterdavid
11th June 2005, 10:35
Originally posted by chippy@Jun 11 2005, 08:01 AM
can someone please tell me how i get a certified photo copy of my passport

thanks

Quoted post

Take it to any little high street solicitors, who will photocopy the passport photocard page, stamp it with their company logo and, if you're really lucky, tell you it costs nothing (or invite you to donate to their local charity/biscuit tin).

Simple as that.

Admin
11th June 2005, 10:36
Take it to your solicitors and ask them. They need to copy the fron/back covers, every single page even if it's blank, and stamp & sign each copy.

You may be charged, although we got bot of ours done in Denbigh and he never charged, so we took them a tin of biscuits.

Admin
11th June 2005, 10:40
Take it to any little high street solicitors, who will photocopy the passport photocard page, stamp it with their company logo and, if you're really lucky, tell you it costs nothing (or invite you to donate to their local charity/biscuit tin).

Simple as that.

You beat me to it :lol:

chippy
11th June 2005, 10:56
thank you all very much i will take it monday and get it done this has saved me a trip to manilla to change my cni.

how happy am i

very happy

walesrob
11th June 2005, 12:40
Originally posted by admin@Jun 11 2005, 09:36 AM
Take it to your solicitors and ask them. They need to copy the fron/back covers, every single page even if it's blank, and stamp & sign each copy.

You may be charged, although we got bot of ours done in Denbigh and he never charged, so we took them a tin of biscuits.

Quoted post

You were lucky...I had my passport copy certified and cost me £17.50! :(

Admin
11th June 2005, 14:51
You were lucky...I had my passport copy certified and cost me £17.50!
Those Welsh solicitors eh? :P :lol:

Pauldo
4th September 2005, 19:30
Originally posted by walesrob@Jun 11 2005, 12:40 PM
You were lucky...I had my passport copy certified and cost me £17.50! :(

Quoted post

My wife has just been to a local solicitors to have copies of our passports certified, and the guy told he wants £50 per signature!!!! He is a notary public, so maybe that is a different version of the same thing? :o
Cheers, Paul

Admin
4th September 2005, 19:46
Try a few, one will at least charge only £20

Pauldo
4th September 2005, 20:11
Originally posted by admin@Sep 4 2005, 07:46 PM
Try a few, one will at least charge only £20

Quoted post

I'll tell her to check around a few, see if there is a cheaper service. It's to help in a visa application for the mother in law. (Yes, you read it right, we're trying to get the mum in law over on a settlement visa :huh: )

Most documents we can send originals of, but they specify 'certified copies' of passports.

peterdavid
8th September 2005, 11:07
Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 4 2005, 07:11 PM
I'll tell her to check around a few, see if there is a cheaper service. It's to help in a visa application for the mother in law. (Yes, you read it right, we're trying to get the mum in law over on a settlement visa :huh: )

Most documents we can send originals of, but they specify 'certified copies' of passports.

Quoted post

You can definitely get cheaper (if not free with a donation to their charity tin/biscuit tin).

If I may ask a personal question (and feel free to tell me to mind my own) - in applying for the mother in law as a dependent, how are you claiming she is dependent on you (eg, have you had to consistently send her money over the past 4 years) and is your application stating she will be living with you once she comes to you?

I ask only because we may be in a similar situation in the next few years.

Pauldo
8th September 2005, 13:01
Originally posted by peterdavid@Sep 8 2005, 11:07 AM
You can definitely get cheaper (if not free with a donation to their charity tin/biscuit tin).

If I may ask a personal question (and feel free to tell me to mind my own) - in applying for the mother in law as a dependent, how are you claiming she is dependent on you (eg, have you had to consistently send her money over the past 4 years) and is your application stating she will be living with you once she comes to you?

I ask only because we may be in a similar situation in the next few years.

Quoted post

We have been supporting her forever, (or so it seems) as she basically has no other relatives who can actually contribute enough to count, so we send her about £75 a month on average since we moved to the UK, 3 years ago. My wife has kept most all the receipts for that. I hope :huh:

She lived with us for about five years when we were in the PI, and she's not a bad old girl. The plan is that she'll be living with us in England, which is a good deal both ways, as she can in turn be our live in babysitter for our daughter. That way both my wife and I can work as and when we need to without all the running around arranging to collect/drop off the daughter at school.

I'm just hoping this new 'no interview' deal is correct, as mentioned in another post, as that makes life easier for getting the application rolling.

grahamw48
3rd December 2005, 15:18
I know it's a nice idea you have, but I thought that your MIL would have to show that she had no living relations out there who could support her.:unsure:

Have you contacted immigration in Croyden ?

Pauldo
3rd December 2005, 19:38
Originally posted by grahamw48@Dec 3 2005, 03:18 PM
I know it's a nice idea you have, but I thought that your MIL would have to show that she had no living relations out there who could support her.:unsure:

Have you contacted immigration in Croyden ?

Quoted post

Funny you should mention it, but she got her visa last week and I've just done battle with the airline companies to sort a couple of flights out to go and collect her in January. I've documented it in a couple of other posts spread around the forum somewhere.

She was basically granted the visa on the 'exceptional hardship' category. She does have family over there, but they are no better off than she is and have their own lives to run.
Cheers, Pauldo

Admin
3rd December 2005, 22:07
Remember Paul, just before you land here with the MIL, tell her you hope she like the new hoover, mop, cleaning utensils, brush, etc you've bought her :lol:

Pauldo
4th December 2005, 01:22
Originally posted by admin@Dec 3 2005, 10:07 PM
Remember Paul, just before you land here with the MIL, tell her you hope she like the new hoover, mop, cleaning utensils, brush, etc you've bought her :lol:

Quoted post

What do you mean, that I'VE bought her??? :o

I'm hoping she'll bring her own bloody cleaning gear :huh:

I'm putting the roof over her head, so the least she can do is come fully equipped to clean it :D :blink: ;)

Admin
4th December 2005, 10:38
I'm putting the roof over her head, so the least she can do is come fully equipped to clean it
You want her to clean the roof? Isn't that a little dangerous? Better put the safety rope around her neck in case she slips..... :o :P

Erm.....your wife isn't reading this is she? ;)

Gary
5th December 2005, 05:43
I've just had a thought about this...

I'm living in Hong Kong now...

How does that affect me getting passport certified... please don't say Ihave to return to UK just for a damned signature...

Maybe I can get it done here....

Looks like i might have other problems being here... time will tell i guess..

oh yes, that's the other thing... my certificate of no impediment... hhhmmmm...

maybe i can apply for that by post...