PDA

View Full Version : Visitor or Fiancee visa ????

lizaphil
29th April 2007, 13:38
I have know my B/F now for 2 years.
We are now married as of 8th April 2007 in the Philippines.
(he is now living in Makati with me in our house)
He wants me to visit UK but I am afraid that i will not like it there.
We never want to live there anyway, just visit his relatives for approx 2/3 months every year.
Now we are married we can apply for a spouse visa, BUT thats 50,000 peso, and IF i dont like it in the UK its a waste of money, and it takes 5/6 months to get (email from UKVACS verified that)
So we are thinking that IF we apply for a tourist/visitors visa for 6 monhs AND IF I like it in the UK THEN we can apply for a
'Certificate of Approval' from UKVISA and then we can get married in the UK and apply for me to stay for 2 years.
We are NOT 'Cheap Charlies' but it seems a waste of money if I do NOT like it there.
What I want to know is this
Has anyone on here done this before, travel to the UK on a visitors visa then decide to get married and apply for a marriage visa when in the UK??
Can it be that simple as this link suggests??
http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/document_tree/ViewADocument.asp?ID=298&CatID=26

Thanks everyone for you advise

andypaul
29th April 2007, 14:05
Why do you think you will not like it in the UK?

The weather, people, languae, pollution?

The Uk and phills are different but many phills have coped and enjoy it in the Uk.

andypaul
29th April 2007, 14:13
We never want to live there anyway, just visit his relatives for approx 2/3 months every year.
Now we are married we can apply for a spouse visa, BUT thats 50,000 peso, and IF i dont like it in the UK its a waste of money, and it takes 5/6 months to get (email from UKVACS verified that)
So we are thinking that IF we apply for a tourist/visitors visa for 6 monhs AND IF I like it in the UK THEN we can apply for a
'Certificate of Approval' from UKVISA and then we can get married in the UK and apply for me to stay for 2 years.
We are NOT 'Cheap Charlies' but it seems a waste of money if I do NOT like it there.
Has anyone on here done this before, travel to the UK on a visitors visa then decide to get married and apply for a marriage visa when in the UK??

If your married in phill you can only get a spouse visa or i guess (never tried) a vistor visa.
Once your married in phill you are treated as husband and wife in the UK.
The type of visa you need changes.

scotsfiancee
29th April 2007, 14:13

Uk is a nice place :) no reason to be afraid, :icon_lol:

It only takes 3 months, and 100% of the members here got there visa in just a month without any interview :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You will like here for sure :Rasp:

I've never heard a couple yet who applied visitors visa and remarried again in UK. Instead what they do is they applied spouse visa after they sort all of their papers in Phils. If i were you just go for spouse visa! im sure you have loads of evidence to proved!

joebloggs
29th April 2007, 15:34
my wife loves the weather here :omg:
hardly ever use fans, no more sweating like a lechon, no more squinting becuase of the sun

you will not know until you been here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lizaphil
29th April 2007, 16:02
Thanks everyone for yr answers, espically scottsfinacee, I get email from UKVACS telling me 5/6 mths thats why I ask.
BUT how long ago did the members apply? and get the visa.
Its all changed now so I am told like the fee is now 50,000pesos
Noon (before) it is only 20,000pesos
I am told that the British is trying to stop people getting into UK
Thats what I am told by security guard at UKVACS
Maybe I will like the weather, I have been to baguio for my honeymoon and really liked the weather there. But I did not ask that question
I ask if anyone has done this 6 month visitors visa before or spouse visa.
I am sure I can make friends there, I just dont want to loose my husbands money