PDA

View Full Version : Good news - cable thief zapped with 22000 volts

Dedworth
8th June 2011, 13:38
These are the horrendous injuries suffered by a man after he was hit by 22,000 volts while stealing copper cable from an electricity sub-station.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2000705/Dont-steal-electric-cables-Thiefs-advice-suffering-horrific-burns-22-000-volt-shock.html#ixzz1Oggpudd9

Bluebirdjones
8th June 2011, 16:04
I kept on reading, in the hope that he'd also (in his shocked state) fallen onto a railway track and had then been run over by the Leeds - London express... but alas no. :NoNo:

Dedworth
8th June 2011, 16:09
I kept on reading, in the hope that he'd also (in his shocked state) fallen onto a railway track and had then been run over by the Leeds - London express... but alas no. :NoNo:

No court costs and better than any short, sharp, shock sentence they would be unlikely to dish out :D Downside is he will be getting untold taxpayer funded medical treatment.

Doc Alan
8th June 2011, 17:33
No doubt this would be regarded as good news in countries where rape victims are stoned to death.
To me the good news is the result of treatment by skilled dedicated nurses and doctors in our often criticised NHS, still envied by our filipino friends ( who hope for helpful advice and genuine good news on this forum ).
The consequences of smoking, drinking, and eating to excess affect not only the individual, but also family, society, and UK taxpayers dearly, far outweighing the tax revenue.
Yes, this man has paid a terrible price for his attempted theft. There is no more reason to regard this as good news than a smoker getting lung cancer. Thankfully most of our nurses and doctors are compassionate and don't sit in judgement on what might be stupid, selfish, or downright dishonest behaviour.

Dedworth
8th June 2011, 17:49
I disagree Doc - Thoughtless metal thieves like this character put countless innocent lives at risk by stealing railway signalling cable, telecoms cables, gulley/manhole covers, road signs etc etc. He got what he deserved and hopefully his fate will deter others.

I'm also buoyed up when I hear of joyriders/car thieves writing themselves off. A childhood neighbour who I grew up with and his wife were killed instantly leaving their children orphaned by two scumbags with previous convictions ploughing head on into them :angry:

grahamw48
9th June 2011, 00:55
Let's hope the scumbag has been sterilised too. :)

Arthur Little
9th June 2011, 17:31
I'm with Doc Alan on this one! Whilst far be it from me to condone his "light-fingeredness" (*puns INtended where appropriate) he's "small *fry" compared with the criminal hard core of murderers ... rapists ... (albeit a BIG-time *"flasher" :Bolt: of sorts for a split second!) ... bent *coppers and the like.

Besides, he IS still a human being [just about :8_1_215:!] a lucky one at that; :rolleyes: ... this latest escapade has been a *jolt to his system - a 22,000 volts' one :Bouncy: - that he's unlikely to ever forget ... a terrible lesson learnt ... and a lesson, moreover, in which he came within a hair's breadth [literally!] of a "*sticky" end.

Dedworth
9th June 2011, 18:12
I'm with Doc Alan on this one! Whilst far be it from me to condone his "light-fingeredness" (*puns INtended where appropriate) he's "small *fry" compared with the criminal hard core of murderers ... rapists ... (albeit a BIG-time *"flasher" :Bolt: of sorts for a split second!) ... bent *coppers and the like.

Besides, he IS still a human being [just about :8_1_215:!] a lucky one at that; :rolleyes: ... this latest escapade has been a *jolt to his system - a 22,000 volts' one :Bouncy: - that he's unlikely to ever forget ... a terrible lesson learnt ... and a lesson, moreover, in which he came within a hair's breadth [literally!] of a "*sticky" end.

Not so sure you'd feel that way Arthur if one dark night you plunged 30 feet down a sewer shaft because a diddycoy had taken the manhole cover to his local scrap yard

Arthur Little
9th June 2011, 18:59
Not so sure you'd feel that way Arthur if one dark night you plunged 30 feet down a sewer shaft because a diddycoy had taken the manhole cover to his local scrap yard

:Erm: ... perhaps NOT ... :anerikke: ... in the event, I'd probably :piss2: myself and [I] "sewer" would STINK! :laugher:

KeithD
9th June 2011, 19:12
SHOCKING story :NoNo:

Arthur Little
9th June 2011, 19:27
SHOCKING story :NoNo:

:cwm24: ... indeed, it IS! I mean, it's not as if the thief was expecting to find ...:anerikke: ... "joules" ... :Erm:

Arthur Little
9th June 2011, 19:38
:cwm24: ... indeed, it IS! I mean, it's not as if the thief was expecting to find ...:anerikke: ... "joules" ... :Erm:

Anyway ... :anerikke: ... he's CURRENTLY indisposed ...

Arthur Little
9th June 2011, 19:50
Anyway ... :anerikke: ... he's CURRENTLY indisposed ...

... and that, is ample punishment, :Rasp: surely!

kate_th
9th June 2011, 19:56
good news indeed..............:icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

KeithD
9th June 2011, 20:41
... and that, is ample punishment, :Rasp: surely!

Watt was he thinking? :rolleyes:

grahamw48
9th June 2011, 21:03
Live on cable:... 'not so bright spark charged by copper - clapped in ions !' :)

Dedworth
9th June 2011, 21:18
One of the classic comments left by readers of this story :-

"...a skull wound which exposed his brain." Really? He has a brain, but he broke into a high-voltage substation to nick cable? I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy at all. You get what you deserve, and this idiot deserved a lesson.

:laugher:

grahamw48
9th June 2011, 21:20
Crikey, that must have been a deep wound. :cwm24:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/451/57226ee149313d3f5cd8f5f.gif

Dedworth
10th June 2011, 00:19
Cable theft bid blamed for South West Trains chaos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13723005

Hundreds of passengers have been left stuck for more than four hours on several South West Trains services outside London.

joebloggs
10th June 2011, 06:46
well i hope he's learnt his lesson :cwm3:
sounds like he might be on benefits for a while, maybe crime does pay :doh

KeithD
10th June 2011, 08:56
Is this current news? :doh