PDA

View Full Version : Five Filipino Families attacked in a Camping Site in Northern Ireland

Aingeall
8th June 2011, 09:44
UTV News
Monday, 06 June 2011
Security call after campsite attack

A group of Filipino families say they were forced to abandon plans to camp in a park in County Down at the weekend after one of them was attacked and others were threatened.

grahamw48
8th June 2011, 10:24
'Nationality was not an issue'.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Apologies to any N.Ireland members, but there is no way I would want to visit the province.

I'd feel much safer in the Philippines.

I feel so sad for the Filipinos involved, and ashamed of their treatment at the hands of these animals.

We all know what lovely people Filipinos are.

Terpe
8th June 2011, 10:57
On the basis of the report I do not see any racially motivated issues.

"Local DUP MLA Jim Wells says this is the latest in a series of incidents at the site"

It seems clear that this area has often been targeted.

The Castlewellan Forest Park has had some extreme bad reviews in camping and caravaning circles for being 'out of control' especially at nightime.

Here's a typical review:-
http://www.jonpatterson.co.uk/2011/asb-public-campsites

I would prefer to stay overnight at a recognised family friendly site with proper security.

I feel so sorry for any family that finds themselves in such a position.

Terpe
8th June 2011, 11:34
I'd have thought that things would begin to to improve at this well know beauty spot and campsite:-
http://www.mourneobserver.com/documents/200411D.pdf

Looks like still a very long way to go based on the OP news item

Aingeall
8th June 2011, 11:43
grahamw48 & terpe - thanks for the sympathy. I live in Belfast myself, and a lot of Filipino families actually live in Northern Ireland. I pity the families affected, as I heard there were elderlies and children who witnessed the incident. It's just a shame for the local people of Northern Ireland...they don't even realize that these people are nurses in hospitals & nursing homes, who look after their loved ones with genuine care...the Filipino way. Sometimes it's just sad to belong, and not accepted.

Terpe
8th June 2011, 11:48
......Sometimes it's just sad to belong, and not accepted.

The incident you reported was one of many incidents at this campsite.
See the links I posted.

There's no eveidence or reason to suggest anything was racially motivated.
Most probably alcohol and thuggery related.

Aingeall
8th June 2011, 11:53
Terpe - this was posted on my FB inbox by the Filipino Community Leader in Northern Ireland. You can tell if it's racially motivated or not.
"Castlewellan Campsite Attack
Hi friends! As you have heard and read in the UTV news, mixed reactions have come out for and against the incident. Having a reliable info abt the incident, let me share with you the report we submitted to all concerned that paved the way for the news based on the victims' account. So pls support them by speaking based on this info I'm giving you. A litigation is a definite which I'm in favour to give justice to such barbaric act!

REF:Attack on Filipino families at Castlewellan Forest Park Campsite on 3 June 2011
On 03 June 2011, at about 630PM, five Filipino families composed of 8 children aged 1-10 and 13 adults aged 30-67 (one 8 months pregnant) were attacked by five unidentified men (locals). They arrived and asked where the boys are and upon seeing one of the husbands sitting with his family started punching him to the ground hitting his right ear causing laceration that needed sutured at the Craigavon Area Hospital.

Maraming salamat po!"

Aingeall
8th June 2011, 12:04
Originally posted by grahamw48 'Nationality was not an issue'
Guess you're right, it's not a NATIONALITY issue coz they are British Nationals....guess it's an ETHNICITY issue. :Erm:

grahamw48
8th June 2011, 13:07
I was never in any doubt.

I live in the real (often nasty) world.

The report above merely confirms how I had imagined things.:NoNo:

Those ignorant pigs who committed the assault need locking up in a Filipino jail for 10 years.:angry:

Aingeall
9th June 2011, 21:13
I was never in any doubt.

I live in the real (often nasty) world.

The report above merely confirms how I had imagined things.:NoNo:

Those ignorant pigs who committed the assault need locking up in a Filipino jail for 10 years.:angry:

Being locked up in the Philippine jail for 10years is like living in HELL...lol:icon_lol::omg:

grahamw48
9th June 2011, 21:15
Exactly. :)

Dedworth
14th June 2011, 10:39
A bit here quoting a Member of the N I Assembly

http://www1.u105.com/LocalNews/Campsite-attack-sparks-call-for-security-step-up/b1772bcc-1902-4040-b9b9-de6efca18b9b

halo-halo
14th June 2011, 22:27
a very sad story for the filipino families victimized by these thugs. Weve been camping round south uk but never had such experience of being harassed. Officials should dig into this matter and the park owners too.

LittleFingers
27th July 2011, 13:31
Unfortunately the spineless pussy-footing British government will not come down on these scum with any vigour. If they do get sent to jail, then us tax payers will pay for their accommodation, food and education.
(which we are probably be doing now as they sit at home drinking).
With respect Graham, if this would put you off visiting our province, then you wouldn't leave your house wherever you are in much of the world. there are scum everywhere.