PDA

View Full Version : Passport name changes

aromulus
29th April 2007, 08:49
Well, all the documents are there, in Jet's hands...
Now we are waiting for the marriage certificate to send to the Embassy, so to start the application for the Family Permit.
I need to ask to the more informed members, if it will be ok, for Jet to travel to the Uk with the passport bearing her maiden name.
Or HAS to be changed to the married name??? I thought it might be ok, just to travel with the marriage certificate inside the passport as proof ... But I might br well wrong.
Having to wait for the name to be changed, would prolong the waiting time by months.. Somebody out there, please appease my fears.....

Thanks

Dom

scotsfiancee
29th April 2007, 09:44
Hello Dom,

I've heard several questions bout that case. Yes she can ammend her passport here in Phil embassy in London (http://www.philemb.org.uk/passport.html#passportamend), no problem.

Pete says http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.php?p=8557&postcount=2

But some folks will say its better to ammend her passport In philippines b4 applying visa for some reasons. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=3039&highlight=ammend+passport

I have no idea how long it could take up to ammend her passport in Phils, but maybe it could take a week only? not a month :NoNo:

gingxrick
29th April 2007, 10:00
ging changed her passport in the Phils to her married name only took around 10 days to get her new passport back

andypaul
29th April 2007, 12:41
We found it simpler to have passport changed while in phil like others did.
Sort it all out while in phill so you have less to worry about once in the uk is my personal advice.
Your have enough fun adding your wifes name to utility bills,joining doctor/dentist, opening bank account, applying for ni,applying for schgen visa if traveling to the uk unless you dont need with eea visa, looking for job if required etc. So any less hassle the better.

empott
30th April 2007, 01:48
Aside from Certified true Copy and photocopy of marriage Contract issued by the NSO, Original and photocopy of the Guidance and counseling Certificate from the CFO (coz u haven't been married for 6 months) must be submitted. And if her requirements r all ready, it usually takes 6 working days to have it processed and, 2 working days for Overtime Processing.

So i guess its more simple to apply here and cheaper too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

zheanney
8th May 2007, 08:18
Aside from Certified true Copy and photocopy of marriage Contract issued by the NSO, Original and photocopy of the Guidance and counseling Certificate from the CFO (coz u haven't been married for 6 months) must be submitted. And if her requirements r all ready, it usually takes 6 working days to have it processed and, 2 working days for Overtime Processing.

So i guess its more simple to apply here and cheaper too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
hi there, where did u attend the cfo seminar? if ure married for more than 6 months, do u still need the certificate when u apply for renewal of ur passport? thanks

p.s i send u an offline message on ur messenger yesterday, did u get it?

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 09:44
hi there, where did u attend the cfo seminar? if ure married for more than 6 months, do u still need the certificate when u apply for renewal of ur passport? thanks

Yes! you will still need to attend CFO seminar even you are married for more than 6 months.

empott
8th May 2007, 23:21
Yes! you will still need to attend CFO seminar even you are married for more than 6 months.

http://www.passport.com.ph/faq.htm
21. Is the CFO certificate required to renew the passport if those married here in the Philippines & and have a marriage certificate in SECPA?

The CFO certificate is required for a Filipino woman married to a foreign national within 6 months and below.

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/faq.htm
Q. Are there any other particular situations/circumstances where additional documents must be submitted?

A. YES and they are for the following:
3. For fiancees of foreign nationals and spouses of foreign nationals who were married at least six months prior to their application for a passport:

a.) Original and photocopy of the Guidance and counseling Certificate from the Commission on
Filipinos Overseas

Take Note: 6 months and below

I went to DFA last Thurs to renew my passport. They want me to attend the CFO before they will allow me to renew. We had a long arguement there. I insisted that i don't need it coz ive been married for more than a year. They want me to disregard what i've read in the website. I said, "why will i disregard it when its a DFA website. If u changed rules, then u should have updated it". I would have continued arguing with them if only i've brought a printed copy of the guidelines when i went there. I will call DFA manila tomorrow and ask them if i really need to attend CFO. Its better to be sure. If im wrong then i have no choice but to attend it. But im going back in DFA La Union one of these days and show them whats on their website. Im not gonna let this go without a fight.:cwm23:

LadyJ
9th May 2007, 09:24
http://www.passport.com.ph/faq.htm
21. Is the CFO certificate required to renew the passport if those married here in the Philippines & and have a marriage certificate in SECPA?

The CFO certificate is required for a Filipino woman married to a foreign national within 6 months and below.

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/faq.htm
Q. Are there any other particular situations/circumstances where additional documents must be submitted?

A. YES and they are for the following:
3. For fiancees of foreign nationals and spouses of foreign nationals who were married at least six months prior to their application for a passport:

a.) Original and photocopy of the Guidance and counseling Certificate from the Commission on
Filipinos Overseas

Take Note: 6 months and below

I went to DFA last Thurs to renew my passport. They want me to attend the CFO before they will allow me to renew. We had a long arguement there. I insisted that i don't need it coz ive been married for more than a year. They want me to disregard what i've read in the website. I said, "why will i disregard it when its a DFA website. If u changed rules, then u should have updated it". I would have continued arguing with them if only i've brought a printed copy of the guidelines when i went there. I will call DFA manila tomorrow and ask them if i really need to attend CFO. Its better to be sure. If im wrong then i have no choice but to attend it. But im going back in DFA La Union one of these days and show them whats on their website. Im not gonna let this go without a fight.:cwm23:

I'm married to my husband for more than 2 years and therefore the CFO advicer have told me that I still need to attend a seminar.

I will still attend the seminar even I'm married for more than 6 months just to make sure my flight will go smoothly and I don't have to worry when I show my passport to the Immigration at the airport in Phils.

zheanney
9th May 2007, 10:40
I'm married to my husband for more than 2 years and therefore the CFO advicer have told me that I still need to attend a seminar.

I will still attend the seminar even I'm married for more than 6 months just to make sure my flight will go smoothly and I don't have to worry when I show my passport to the Immigration at the airport in Phils.

thanks lady j, am going to attend the CFO seminar sometime next week.
Do i still need to attend again the CFO seminar when i get a visa?. thanks

stay safe and God bless us

scotsfiancee
9th May 2007, 11:15
Do i still need to attend again the CFO seminar when i get a visa?. thanks

YOu don't need to attend the pre-departure seminar again, all you have to do is show the certificate of attendance with your passport to the CFO for the stamped.

zheanney
9th May 2007, 15:28
YOu don't need to attend the pre-departure seminar again, all you have to do is show the certificate of attendance with your passport to the CFO for the stamped.

oh ok, thanks so much scots:)

empott
10th May 2007, 00:13
I called up DFA Manila yesterday. They said i need to attend the CFO. So i asked, "what about the thing u put in ur guidelines, u dont follow them?". She said, "Ok come and apply here in Manila and we might not require u to provide it." What kind of answer was that! :angry: If i'll drive for 6 hours just for a renewal of a passport, i'd better have a CFO seminar instead and renew my passport here in my hometown. My old passport expires in 2010 anyway. I just want to renew my passport for identification purposes. I still don't have an ID using my husband's name.

vbkelly
28th May 2007, 19:30
Well, all the documents are there, in Jet's hands...
Now we are waiting for the marriage certificate to send to the Embassy, so to start the application for the Family Permit.
I need to ask to the more informed members, if it will be ok, for Jet to travel to the Uk with the passport bearing her maiden name.
Or HAS to be changed to the married name??? I thought it might be ok, just to travel with the marriage certificate inside the passport as proof ... But I might br well wrong.
Having to wait for the name to be changed, would prolong the waiting time by months.. Somebody out there, please appease my fears.....

Thanks

Dommind untill now is my maiden name in my passport im gonna change it when im applying my british passport this year

mach
26th June 2007, 04:25
hi dom! how long did jet got your authenticated marriage certificate from the nso???

aromulus
26th June 2007, 08:06
hi dom! how long did jet got your authenticated marriage certificate from the nso???

Looks like they took their sweet time....:cwm23:

About 3 months. A bit of a joke really.

I believe that it can take longer:NoNo:

Jet will be flying to Manila British Embassy in a couple of days time to deposit all the documentation, for the Family Permit.

I estimate that she will be arriving in the Uk towards the end of July.

Shamrockdave2003
26th June 2007, 09:50
What is a Family Permit?? is that like a spouse visa?

mach
27th June 2007, 02:03
thanks dom. me and iceman would call it 48 years in the making :icon_lol:

gyle2007
28th June 2007, 12:59
Shouldn't be a problem. I've been married 5 years, still have my maiden name in my passport and I travel to the UK at least once a year.

aromulus
28th June 2007, 22:42
What is a Family Permit?? is that like a spouse visa?

Nope... Much. much better.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you are an EEA or Swiss national living and working in the Uk you can apply for A Family Permit (Form VAF 6).

And it will totally free of charge...:D Also ILR will be free of charge.