PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Assistant stole dying OAP's Bank Card

Dedworth
4th June 2011, 00:25
A nursing assistant who stole a dying patient’s bank card from her hospital bedside and used it to go on a £3,000 spending spree was jailed yesterday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394062/Nurse-stole-dying-patients-bank-card-went-3-000-spending-spree-jailed.html#ixzz1OG4p3D4W

Scum of the Earth :angry: With luck she will get a good hiding from other convicts.

grahamw48
4th June 2011, 00:41
No danger for me...probably sleeping on a park bench if I actually get to 76. :cwm3:

joebloggs
4th June 2011, 07:42
But she was sentenced to six months at Manchester Crown Court after Judge Anthony Gee QC rejected her plea – a week after Appeal Court judges freed a burglar from prison under human rights legislation so that he could care for his children.

Judge Gee told her: ‘Some of your children have problems and make great demands of you. But I’m afraid it seems to me, despite your family responsibility, that you must go to prison today.

i wonder if she will appeal using her kids 'human rights' :NoNo:

but at last a judge with common sense :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th June 2011, 07:44
No danger for me...probably sleeping on a park bench if I actually get to 76. :cwm3:

i might be joining you :cwm24:, but as long as its in the phils :rolleyes:

johncar54
4th June 2011, 08:58
Typical newspaper hype.

A nursing assistant stole from a patient. Regardless of who the patient was, that is the essence of this story, and for that she was sentenced to imprisonment.

There is no mention of the assistant's antecedents, she may have had previous convictions which would have affected the sentence.

And lets not forget the bank will have reimbursed the loss, unless of course they considered that leaving the PIN with the card was grossly careless and contributed to the loss. In which case they would be justified in not reimbursing (the cost of which would of course be borne by their customers who are less careless).