PDA

View Full Version : Travel tax

alanp
3rd June 2011, 05:05
i am just wondering will my fiancee and her daughter have to pay the travel tax when they leave to come here to the uk as i bought the tickets here for them and paid the tax. I know they will have to pay the terminal fee p750
thanks Alan

alanmf1
3rd June 2011, 09:56
Hi Alan,
When Lyn left a few weeks ago she had to pay 1620 departure tax and the terminal fee also. There seems to be an argument about the validity but the immigration staff hold the passport until paid!
Good luck
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
3rd June 2011, 10:13
I believe that in theory they can claim it back if already included on the ticket, but the airport people will still demand it.

I seem to remember the ex having a stand-up row over this at departure one trip. :rolleyes:

Then again, a minor expense in the greater scheme of things. :)

alanmf1
3rd June 2011, 11:07
Then again, a minor expense in the greater scheme of things. :)

Agreed:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 12:04
Agreed:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: also ... but still ... why should she be required to pay twice?!

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 12:09
:rolleyes: ... I'd feel inclined to take them to task :angry: ... but there again ... that is me! :Kilt:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 12:16
Although - as the other Alan says - it's THEM that hold the "cards" ... :Erm: ... I mean the passports!! :doh

alanp
3rd June 2011, 19:57
thanks eveyone i did have a moan at the travel agent about this as she did tell me that it will not be a problem and will not have to pay the travel tax as i had paid all the taxes for the flight, but i will make sure Jennie will have the correct fee with her in 1 peso peices.

ddl23
6th June 2011, 21:11
http://www.philtourism.gov.ph/ttax.html#t_tax_rates

kate_th
7th June 2011, 09:28
if you will buy the tickets outside the philippines... u need to pay travel taxes here and pay the terminal fee(international or domestic)....:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

grahamw48
7th June 2011, 10:08
So really the travel tax should be claimed back from the travel agent, who shouldn't have charged it in the first place ?

sars_notd_virus
7th June 2011, 10:10
I didnt pay any travel tax , only terminal fee when we exit PH last year

kate_th
7th June 2011, 10:21
Payment of Philippine travel tax is imposed by law for all Filipino Passport holders, returning resident (immigration status 13 A,B,C,D,E,G) , Recognized Filipino Citizens (RFC) & Permanent Residents (immigration status RA 7919 & RA 7837), as well as other nationalities staying longer than one (1) year in The Philippines.
It must be paid only upon leaving The Philippines. It is charged by the airline on top of the purchase price of your international ticket. Foreign nationalities may therefore be requested by their travel agent or airline to show their passport with visa status, or in its absence, the latest stamp of arrival in The Philippines.
The amount is Php 1,620.00 per adult.

kate_th
7th June 2011, 10:24
terminal fee is collected on the airports at the “Air Transportation Office” booth from each departing passenger.
For domestic flights it is Php 200 (Manila, Cebu and Davao) per person. For smaller airports the amount applies Php 15, 35 or 45. For International departure Php 750 per person....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

kate_th
7th June 2011, 10:26
I didnt pay any travel tax , only terminal fee when we exit PH last year

because you are a foreign national settled here for at least a year...

sars_notd_virus
7th June 2011, 10:51
because you are a foreign national settled here for at least a year...

no, because my husband paid for it when he purchased our ticket (i dont need to pay it again)...you have mistaken departure tax and travel tax its not the same according to PH law...:rolleyes:
now,if i go back and visit PH i will have to pay departure tax of 1620 + terminal fee 750 because i am a returning resident ... rip off!!

kate_th
7th June 2011, 10:58
its so easy.... if u dont pay, then dont pay... hahaahhahahaha.....weeeeeeeeeee....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Graham H
17th June 2011, 13:28
I have just bought a ticket from KLM for my spouse. Because I have accumilated 64,000 KLM air miles on my passed visits. I was entileled to a free flight. I only needed to pay the tax . This included all Phils taxes apart from terminal fee of p750.

The cost of the tax was £170 plus 40,000 KLM air miles. I was also allowed to transfer the KLM air miles to my wifes ticket....:D

junior02
18th June 2011, 06:15
I have just bought a ticket from KLM for my spouse. Because I have accumilated 64,000 KLM air miles on my passed visits. I was entileled to a free flight. I only needed to pay the tax . This included all Phils taxes apart from terminal fee of p750.

The cost of the tax was £170 plus 40,000 KLM air miles. I was also allowed to transfer the KLM air miles to my wifes ticket....:D

your wife will still have to pay 1620 peso travel tax or they wont let her fly all filipinos have to pay this and foriegners too have to pay if you have been in the country for over a year, and also children have to pay if they were born in phils even if they have british passport, but half the cost 820peso.

grahamw48
18th June 2011, 10:13
Looking on the positive side, the tax hasn't been increased for at least 10 years. :)

Graham H
19th June 2011, 19:23
When she came to uk last year I bought a KLM ticket on line for her. She didnt have to pay any tax at all, only terminal fee. This is because All the tax was included in the price of the ticket.

grahamw48
19th June 2011, 19:28
She was lucky.

Often they'll try to con' travellers into paying it again at departure.

Graham H
19th June 2011, 19:37
I would be interested to know if anyone has had to pay the travel tax at Manila airport when they have already paid the taxes with a KLM on line booking from the UK.

On the KLM booking form It states that the total price includes ALL taxes.

Thanks Graham...

grahamw48
19th June 2011, 20:16
Well my wife for one had to battle with them at the airport, when using a similar ticket.

Things work rather differently in the Philippines...especially when dealing with their own citizens.

junior02
20th June 2011, 21:29
I would be interested to know if anyone has had to pay the travel tax at Manila airport when they have already paid the taxes with a KLM on line booking from the UK.

On the KLM booking form It states that the total price includes ALL taxes.

Thanks Graham...

Hi your wife was very lucky not having to pay travel tax as all foriegn issued ticket holders need to pay direct to PTA counter on depature. You dont have to pay if your ticket was issued in phils thru travel agent as its already paid in a way, as the travel agent wont release the ticket until you have paid the tax or show them your exemption form. It is possible to claim the fee back if you have ended up paying the fee twice..

Graham H
22nd June 2011, 10:44
Well we will see what happens , she leaves Phills tomorrow.

Graham H
23rd June 2011, 16:34
Update.......
Well she had to pay the full 1,620 peso this time. So I guess she did get away with it on her last flight.