PDA

View Full Version : The first step -done

tone
30th May 2011, 20:21
I've mentioned a couple of times that my lovely Fiancee was struggling with her TOEIC exams and I'm pleased to say she has passed them all and we can now proceed in submitting the visa application.

So she is seeing the consultant we are using to make sure everything is in order and hopefullly end of this week it will be submitted.

Thank you all for your wisdom and help.
Tone

joebloggs
30th May 2011, 20:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck

branno
30th May 2011, 20:26
hope every thing goes sweetly ..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th May 2011, 20:35
Good luck to you both tone. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
30th May 2011, 21:23
Well done & good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
30th May 2011, 22:16
Thanks Chaps! :)
Tone

Lancashirelad
30th May 2011, 23:56
good Luck and best wishes:)

sexiimulditah
31st May 2011, 01:20
good luck and best wishes..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aryM
31st May 2011, 07:27
good luck to both of you tone:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
31st May 2011, 08:13
Goodluck!!

Terpe
31st May 2011, 08:40
That's great news tone. Well done to your Mahal.

Good luck with the application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
31st May 2011, 09:08
good luck i hope all goes well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
31st May 2011, 10:59
:) Congratulations and very well done to your good lady; your "one step at a time" philosophy has set the :veryhappy: 'happy tone' for the next stage ... and already, I'm confident of your continued success with her spousal visa application. All the best to you both - you thoroughly deserve it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
6th June 2011, 22:11
Thanks all.
Sorry for the late reply - the celebration was short lived because as it turns out she didnt get enough marks and is now taking the test again.
The guy at hopkins told her it was a good enough mark for an A1 Visa but when she went to the consultant they said it wasnt and cross checked with someone at Hopkins again - missed by 10 points....

So She is retaking and I've paid for some tuition for her and arranging the attendance of a workshop so she gets a good idea how to tackle the questions.

So frustrating but it is what it is.

Meanwhile got lots of quotes for wedding arrangements but as yet the date is the difficult one to really arrange as there are so many things to consider.. ho hum. :NoNo:

Cheers
Tone

grahamw48
6th June 2011, 23:33
Dear oh dear this English test is so much BS !:angry:

Most Filipinos seem to be able to speak and write better English than millions of Brits.:rolleyes:

Lord knows how the Thai girls are getting on.

Now this IS racism.

What about all the Eastern Europeans flocking in who don't speak a word of our language ? :NoNo:

I would trade one Filipina for a thousand bogus asylum seekers, or trouble-makers and scammers from Africa, as well as those from the 'Indian sub-continent' with their medieval religion, 160,000 of whom have just been given a free pass. :cwm23:

tone
7th June 2011, 23:35
Graham
Yep you are spot on and your comments too - I dunno we have over 100 pages of skype chat submitted showing we are communicating in ENGLISH - (ok a bit of french - edited out) and a few Tagalog words but she can clearly communicate with me!
Anyway we have to fall in line and we will continue to march on.
Gives me another month to pay the flaming £810 Visa app fee i suppose!
Cheers
Tone

Arthur Little
8th June 2011, 00:01
Dear oh dear this English test is so much BS !:angry:

Most Filipinos seem to be able to speak and write better English than millions of Brits.:rolleyes:

Lord knows how the Thai girls are getting on.

Now this IS racism.

What about all the Eastern Europeans flocking in who don't speak a word of our language ? :NoNo:

I would trade one Filipina for a thousand bogus asylum seekers, or trouble-makers and scammers from Africa, as well as those from the 'Indian sub-continent' with their medieval religion, 160,000 of whom have just been given a free pass. :cwm23:

:iagree:, Graham ... MY sentiments, ENTIRELY ... although, a substantial part of the problem stems from successive UK governments pandering to the dictates of this confounded EU 'Human Rights' nonsense! :furious3:

:cwm24: ... what about the MARITAL RIGHTS of non-Europeans who wish to settle here with their lawfully-wedded BRITISH partners??

grahamw48
8th June 2011, 00:09
Well Arthur, all I can say is that my (UK born) son attended school in the Philippines from the age of 7-9yrs, during which time I never heard him utter a word of Tagalog.

Why ?

Because the children there are TAUGHT in ENGLISH ! He was well up in his class too.

Stupid bloody British government ! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
8th June 2011, 12:54
Thanks all.

The celebration was short lived because as it turns out she didnt get enough marks and is now taking the test again.
The guy at hopkins told her it was a good enough mark for an A1 Visa but when she went to the consultant they said it wasnt and cross checked with someone at Hopkins again - missed by 10 points....

So She is retaking and I've paid for some tuition for her and arranging the attendance of a workshop so she gets a good idea how to tackle the questions.

So frustrating but it is what it is.

Cheers
Tone

:sorry-2:. I know precious little about this new fangled English Language testing, Tone - and even less in terms of how the level(s) of attainment are classified. And as for its necessity :rolleyes: ... well ... in MY view :BlacklistThatsbull: ... for the very reason that English is the 'medium of instruction' throughout the Philippines' Education System!

tone
10th June 2011, 17:07
Thanks Arthur yeah its a PITA but ho hum eh?

Have a good weekend!

Tone

tone
14th July 2011, 10:00
An update
She went to Hopkins and got the score card this afternoon and she has now passed.

She is arranging for the visa payment tomorrow and application lodged on Monday morning at VFS.

Quick question.

Once she gets her visa and does the CFO is there a delay in when they are allowed to fly? Any rules that stipulate a delay before she can get on a plane?

Thanks!

Tone

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 10:45
I've mentioned a couple of times that my lovely Fiancee was struggling with her TOEIC exams and I'm pleased to say she has passed them all and we can now proceed in submitting the visa application.

So she is seeing the consultant we are using to make sure everything is in order and hopefullly end of this week it will be submitted.

Thank you all for your wisdom and help.
Tone

Congratulations to your fiancee, Tone ... and good luck with her forthcoming visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 10:55
Quick question.

Once she gets her visa and does the CFO is there a delay in when they are allowed to fly? Any rules that stipulate a delay before she can get on a plane?

Thanks!

Tone

:NoNo: ... none that I'm aware of; as far as I know, she can fly anytime after the date on which the visa becomes operable, and she's complied with the CFO requirements.

scott&ligaya
14th July 2011, 11:27
Well done to your mahal... I note you another Midlander, so we will have yet another midland couple, where are you based?

tone
14th July 2011, 13:48
hi tone,is it ok to chat with you on yahoo,,pls kindly add me,,edz_m2k@yahoo.com..just want to ask info,,im planning to lodge this october,,thanks ,,

Hi Reideza
I'm sorry I dont use IM - apart from BBM which is almost exclusive to my Mahal.
You can ask lots of questions on this forum everyone will help - I took the easy (and expensive) way out by hiring a solicitor firm before I found this great forum!

You can send me messages but beware my Mahal will be asking me who you are!! :Rasp:

@Scott - yeah at the moment live near Coventry but I am moving back towards Milton Keynes next month.. but hey still not that far away. When Rina gets here we can arrange to all meet - I'll look forward to it.

Tone

tone
14th July 2011, 13:50
:NoNo: ... none that I'm aware of; as far as I know, she can fly anytime after the date on which the visa becomes operable, and she's complied with the CFO requirements.

Cheers for that Arthur!

Do you know if there is a grace period usually built into the visa issueance - I suppose if she was given a visa on Aug 10th for example would they start the visa a week or two later for any specific reason?

Thanks
Tone

scott&ligaya
14th July 2011, 14:40
well I do know that in our case (before they issued 27 month visa for spouse) we asked if they could post date by three months as my wife was about to give birth in Hong Kong and clearly the baby could not travel for a bit. The senior ECO was happy to help.This avoided an expensive FLR application for just three months. Now as I say they issue a spouse visa for 27 months to give time to get ready to travel. Not sure about fiance visa though if there is any grace period.

jon richard
14th July 2011, 21:06
Interesting now that this English test is in place.
I tried to find out about it but none of my attempys worked:doh
Anyone have a link please ???
Also how much does it cost??:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
14th July 2011, 21:18
www.britishcouncil.org/philippines.htm try this if you put ielts test on comp there is a free test price 8640ph

jon richard
14th July 2011, 21:23
thanks Hawk I am on it:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 09:53
thanks Hawk I am on it:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

UKBA requires applicants to pass ANY English Language test that meets or exceeds the A1 level of the European Common framework.
There are a number of different tests that can be taken, and a number of Approved Providers and test-centres but they must be on the UKBA approved listing.

Please look here for the new approved listing from UKBA for providers of English language courses and tests:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

This UKBA page also contains some more information and also useful links:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/esol-providers/

Do remember that UKBA currently only requires a very basic level (A1) for Speaking and Listening. There is no reading or writing or grammar testing at all.

All of the various English tests are quite expensive. In the region of about P7000 - P8500

tone
18th July 2011, 19:01
Hi Guys
Just by way of updating my thread - Visa application went in this morning so now we await the SMS with the result.
We notified the UKBA that we would like her to travel 20th August so lets see what happens - its in the hands of Him upstairs and the ECO! I hope the ECO likes all our evidence!

Is it only an SMS that shows us the status?

Hopefully it wont take too long - but as we say "it is what it is!"
Tone

scott&ligaya
19th July 2011, 08:41
good luck ( i will have my honey have a word with him upstairs... she seems to have a good line to him:):). We await the good news

tone
19th July 2011, 14:46
good luck ( i will have my honey have a word with him upstairs... she seems to have a good line to him:):). We await the good news

That's great thanks my honey has been sending him upstairs signals too the more the better!
Everyday I BBM Rina and ask if the SMS has been received...haha! I know it was just yesterday!
Tone