PDA

View Full Version : Got our Fiancee Visa! 25 days :)

Lancashirelad
28th May 2011, 12:59
My Gf got her Fiancee visa delivered by courier on Friday :) 4 weeks from application to receiving the visa!

Thank you to everyone for the help i found here.

My Fiancee is doing her CFO on Tuesday and will be with me in less than 2 weeks :)
:):):)

joebloggs
28th May 2011, 13:05
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
another successful visa app :Jump:

Rayjen
28th May 2011, 14:43
Congratulations! Really pleased for you both! With regards cfo, your gf might have to arrive early as when my wife took hers she arrived very early as they only see the first 20 people. That was in Cebu not sure about elsewhere. Cheers.

alanmf1
28th May 2011, 14:56
Many Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lancashirelad
28th May 2011, 15:09
Congratulations! Really pleased for you both! With regards cfo, your gf might have to arrive early as when my wife took hers she arrived very early as they only see the first 20 people. That was in Cebu not sure about elsewhere. Cheers.

thank you, Yes my gf is doing her CFO in Cebu she plans to get there b4 7am for 10am start time!:yikes:

stevie c
28th May 2011, 15:18
congratulations to both you & your fiancee :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th May 2011, 18:13
My Gf got her Fiancee visa delivered by courier on Friday :) 4 weeks from application to receiving the visa!

Thank you to everyone for the help i found here.

My Fiancee is doing her CFO on Tuesday and will be with me in less than 2 weeks :)
:):):)

Congratulations to you & your g/f, Dave; all the best to her with the CFO ... and bon voyage for her forthcoming journey to Lancashire. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th May 2011, 18:52
Sincere congratulations to you both. It's just wonderful news. I know just how you are both feeling. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very well done.
Next steps will be together as a team :)

aryM
28th May 2011, 21:35
Congratulations to both of you!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
28th May 2011, 22:26
That's terrific news!
Can you remind me what the CFO is?

Gives me more hope!

Cheers
Tone

raynaputi
28th May 2011, 22:29
:Jump: congrats Lancashirelad and to your gf! :Jump:

Lancashirelad
28th May 2011, 22:44
That's terrific news!

Gives me more hope!

Cheers
Tone

The CFO is a one day seminar/counseling session, the fiancee/partner must complete it to obtain a sticker in their passport to allow them to use the visa.:)

ddl23
29th May 2011, 01:10
congrats!:):):):):):):):)

Arthur Little
29th May 2011, 01:11

The CFO is a one day seminar/counseling session, the fiancee/partner must complete it to obtain a sticker in their passport to allow them to use the visa.:)

That's correct; the initials CFO - to accord it its full title - stand for 'Commission [for] Filipinos Overseas. Its primary function - as the name implies - is to counsel *Philippines' citizens emigrating to other countries ... purportedly in the interests of safeguarding *their welfare abroad. However, it has long-been suspected :rolleyes: - somewhat cynically - of being little more than a money-making racket by the Philippines' authorities.

ybba
29th May 2011, 01:58
wow another inspiring sucessful story! congrats:Jump::Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jen28
29th May 2011, 04:59
good job! congratulations to both of u! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
29th May 2011, 05:18
Congratulations to you both thats great news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
30th May 2011, 00:34
That's correct; the initials CFO - to accord it its full title - stand for 'Commission [for] Filipinos Overseas. Its primary function -
as the name implies - is to counsel *Philippines' citizens emigrating to other countries ... purportedly in the interests of safeguarding *their welfare abroad. However, it has long-been suspected :rolleyes: - somewhat cynically - of being little more than a money-making racket by the Philippines' authorities.

yes after reading up on it that's my deduction!

What's new eh?

Thanks for the succinct explanation.

Tone

Lancashirelad
30th May 2011, 15:14
thanks everyone for your congrats :) My Gf will be arrive in Manchester on 8th June at 07 30 am flying Etihad.
I will post her first impressions of the UK here!

Arthur Little
30th May 2011, 18:59
Thanks for the succinct explanation.

Tone

:) ... my pleasure.

McGregor03
21st August 2011, 12:46
Hi everyone.Am a filipina and am happily engaged to a scottish.
I'll be applying my fiancee visa soon next month..I just don't know what are the documents that I need to gather and how long will it take to have my visa..
I just wanna be with my partner as soon as I can coz I miss him so much and I can't afford to be far from him for too long...
I will really appreciate it if someone can ans.my Q's..

Thank u...xx:cwm3:

jlags90
10th September 2011, 12:50
congratulations.. i just want to know what were the documents you passed specifically the documents to prove that he has sufficient income to support your stay.. i am bothered with this as I am aware that my man doesn't have much/.. please help..

KeithD
10th September 2011, 13:20
congratulations.. i just want to know what were the documents you passed specifically the documents to prove that he has sufficient income to support your stay.. i am bothered with this as I am aware that my man doesn't have much/.. please help..

Firstly, use the search, plenty of recent posts on this, and secondly start a new thread.