PDA

View Full Version : Proof-positive the country has gone to pot.

Tawi2
26th May 2011, 16:47
My mate mailed me this,cant be right can it?The end of the UK as we know it :rolleyes:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=789018

I think this is the part he took exception to :rolleyes:

Polish language is a must. The work is taking a place in South Yorkshire area.

Polish is essential for a job in YORKSHIRE??:Erm::NoNo:

kate_th
26th May 2011, 16:52
toink...... :doh:doh:doh

Dedworth
26th May 2011, 17:40
Disgraceful :cwm23:

Arthur Little
26th May 2011, 17:50
My mate mailed me this,cant be right can it? :rolleyes:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=789018

I think this is the part he took exception to :rolleyes:

Polish Language is a must. The work is taking place in South Yorkshire.

Polish is essential for a job in YORKSHIRE?? :Erm: :NoNo:

Probably a wind-up :rolleyes: ... unless - as it appears - it's a Polish firm operating in that part of Yorkshire. In which case, you'd think the ad' would've been worded: "A knowledge of the Polish language is desirable " ... rather than "essential", surely!

Tawi2
26th May 2011, 18:13
Probably a wind-up
Not :icon_lol:
It is a polish construction firm :rolleyes: but they need to learn a little english themselves....

taking a place :rolleyes:

KeithD
26th May 2011, 18:17
Well even a Geordie can't get a job in the US unless she speaks English :icon_lol:

Tawi2
26th May 2011, 18:29
Poor Cheryl :icon_lol: When I got my kitchen done I actually told my sis,who project managed in a way "No Polish" as I didnt want some fly-by-night dodgy eastern-european operating from a cell-phone number with no accountability should something go wrong on the job,far too many horror stories,if you look at that advert you dont even need to be time-served providing you speak polska "NVQ a bonus" says it all :icon_lol: Didnt Breakfast-TV several years ago when we first joined the EU:NoNo: feature a "Polish-builder" who gave building tips each morning(but only for a short while till the number of complaints made them pull the plug on him:icon_lol:).:rolleyes:

Englishman2010
26th May 2011, 20:07
I agree that most Eastern Euro tradesmen are a bit dodgy, but not all of them. I've found myself a really good Serbian Gas Central Heating Engineer. He's fixed various things on my gas boiler and water cylinder during the last 3 years and is a damn site cheaper than most of the larger firms. He's realiable too, if he says he will be here on Monday at 5.00 PM he is here then, not 3 weeks later.

Having said that, he has lived in the Uk since he was 9 as he left Croatia in the early 90's during the war, so he's done all of his studying in the Uk and has been trained to UK standards.:xxgrinning--00xx3: