PDA

View Full Version : ? Will Ryanair Defy The Odds ...

Arthur Little
25th May 2011, 14:54
... by flying out of Prestwick Airport in mid-June? :rolleyes: That's when Myrna & I are scheduled to go to Rome for a week. Being a 'Budget Airline', I believe the :irish: operators are not averse to reverting to whatever tactics they can muster-up to avoid refunding fares already paid for should any of their aircraft be grounded due to volcanic ash emissions. And I very much doubt Travel Insurance is likely to cover cancellations where a so-called "Act of God" is responsible.

Anyone any :idea:s ... ???

Dedworth
25th May 2011, 15:02
... by flying out of Prestwick Airport in mid-June? :rolleyes: That's when Myrna & I are scheduled to go to Rome for a week. Being a 'Budget Airline', I believe the :irish: operators are not averse to reverting to whatever tactics they can muster-up to avoid refunding fares already paid for should any of their aircraft be grounded due to volcanic ash emissions. And I very much doubt Travel Insurance is likely to cover cancellations where a so-called "Act of God" is responsible.

Anyone any :idea:s ... ???

Can't advise re your query but have plenty of £1 coins with you for the toilet :)

Arthur Little
25th May 2011, 15:06
Noted too, from the itinerary provided by the Travel Agent, that the maximum luggage weight is a mere 15kg ... as opposed to the "normal" 20-25kg permitted. :cwm24: So here's hoping the Italian weather remains true to form to enable us to pack only lightweight clothing!

Arthur Little
25th May 2011, 15:16
Can't advise re your query but have plenty of £1 coins with you for the toilet :)

:cwm24: ... REALLY? :rolleyes: I'd heard that before, somewhere! :omg: ... better practice my "knot-tying" skills!!

KeithD
25th May 2011, 15:38
The volcano is back in sleep mode now, that particular one seldom blows for more than 2 weeks every few years.

Remember to take your own seat Arthur... Ryan Air don't supply them .... oh... but you have to buy their own seat on safety grounds.... only £999 :xxgrinning--00xx3: