PDA

View Full Version : George Davis is Innocent-OK

Pete/London
25th May 2011, 09:04
Well sort of :)

Goes back nearly 40 years, must be one of the longest campaigns against conviction and finally the verdict was an unsafe conviction.
Cost us the chance of winning the ashes when his supporters dug up the pitch on the eve of the last day at Headingley.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/290832d0-863b-11e0-9e2c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1NLhAnfeX

johncar54
25th May 2011, 11:40
I remember,

In 1976 Davis was released from prison under royal prerogative from a 20-year sentence for robbery and wounding with intent to resist arrest.
In September 1977, Davis let his supporters down when he was caught red-handed robbing a branch of the Bank of Cyprus in Holloway, north London. He pleaded guilty to his involvement in an armed robbery and was sentenced to 15 years, reduced to 11 on appeal.......

Arthur Little
25th May 2011, 12:41
Well sort of :)

Goes back nearly 40 years, must be one of the longest campaigns against conviction and finally the verdict was an unsafe conviction.
Cost us the chance of winning the ashes when his supporters dug up the pitch on the eve of the last day at Headingley.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/290832d0-863b-11e0-9e2c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1NLhAnfeX

:doh ... link provided :yeahthat: is repeatedly superimposed by a :censored: advert seconds after I click on it. :rolleyes: Not that it's likely to be of much consequence anyhow :anerikke: ... since the subject of the news item is unlikely to be anything other than a "pile of ashes" himself :bigcry: 40-odd years after the event.

Pete/London
25th May 2011, 13:19
:doh ... link provided :yeahthat: is repeatedly superimposed by a :censored: advert seconds after I click on it. :rolleyes: Not that it's likely to be of much consequence anyhow :anerikke: ... since the subject of the news item is unlikely to be anything other than a "pile of ashes" himself :bigcry: 40-odd years after the event.

He is still alive and dancing around outside the court Arthur, maybe he can now start cleaning off the `George Davis Is Innocent OK` that is still visible on the Bow Common Lane bridge and other various places around the East End.:)

Sorry to hear your problems with the link, I have no problems, maybe you need to tweak your pop-up settings :xxgrinning--00xx3: