PDA

View Full Version : Council puts interests of reptiles above travellers

Dedworth
23rd May 2011, 09:08
Travellers in 25 caravans have been evicted from Woollards Field in Falmer so work to move slow worms and lizards off a construction site can proceed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13486040

Well done Brighton Council :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
23rd May 2011, 12:09
I totally agree with the council :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd May 2011, 12:21
Travellers in 25 caravans have been evicted from Woollards Field in Falmer so work to move slow worms and lizards off a construction site can proceed.

:D ... "snakes in the grass", perhaps? :rolleyes:

Dedworth
23rd May 2011, 12:23
:D ... "snakes in the grass", perhaps? :rolleyes:

more like Scum of the Earth :D

Arthur Little
23rd May 2011, 12:26
more like Scum of the Earth :D

:icon_lol: ... nice one!

Steve.r
23rd May 2011, 12:36
When was the last time you saw a Slow Worm in your garden? beautiful creatures and on the decline, move the travellers out!!

Arthur Little
23rd May 2011, 13:55
When was the last time you saw a Slow Worm in your garden? beautiful creatures and on the decline, move the travellers out!!

:anerikke: ... I should imagine :rolleyes: it'll be quicker to move the travellers out than the slow worms on! :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
23rd May 2011, 21:02
Good on the council.

If reptiles are the best way of moving travellers on, other councils should think about letting a few 20 foot crocodiles loose on other traveller sites:D .....it's a shame dinosaurs are extinct

grahamw48
23rd May 2011, 22:12
Plenty of hiding places amongst all the piles of rubbish ! :rolleyes:

'Travellers' would surely be happier in a 3rd world country....oh silly me, no benefits paid even though you're working, and may even have to pay income tax too...horror of horrors. :NoNo:

Dedworth
23rd May 2011, 22:46
Good on the council.

If reptiles are the best way of moving travellers on, other councils should think about letting a few 20 foot crocodiles loose on other traveller sites:D .....it's a shame dinosaurs are extinct

Excellent idea - I'll suggest my local authority make a reptile purchase before the next tide of human effluent pitches up. Can you imagine the P1keys cowering in their vans as the killer crocs circle looking for their next meal, shoddy block paving and tree lopping would be unavailable in the area :D