PDA

View Full Version : insurance

stevewool
22nd May 2011, 07:39
travel insurance , who do you use , i shop around on the internet and try to get the best prices for what i want, but with island hoping and doing all sorts of things on holiday, snorkling, reef walking , climbing mountain paths, even just swimming in lakes , are we covered and if you say all this to them could we afford the insurance anyway, just a thought

alanp
22nd May 2011, 07:46
hi steve I opened up a barcalys premier life account it cost £25 per month but the benefits you got was multi trip travell insurance, full rac cover, airport lounge access, moble phone and gaget insurance plus lots more they say if you use it all its work £1000 a year.
it saves me loads and its nice to use the airport lounges if you have a long stop over
Alan

KeithD
22nd May 2011, 08:58
I use Flexicover (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=49720&a=1071279&g=17599930)as you can adjust it to include various activities and medical conditions to ensure you are covered. Most off-the-shelf policies sold do not include coverage for underlying conditions, or activities that have some danger associated with them.

Englishman2010
22nd May 2011, 09:25
. Most off-the-shelf policies sold do not include coverage for .................activities that have some danger associated with them.

Dating a Filipina :icon_lol:

tone
22nd May 2011, 10:02
Most of the bank accounts have a set of insurance services now - worth looking into that in the first instance - I too use Barclays Premiere and its quite good..

KeithD
22nd May 2011, 12:16
The bank policies cover you for very little in most cases.

stevewool
22nd May 2011, 12:26
i thought that too, ok for going to france and so on but going to the usa and far east i would not bother

exadore1
22nd May 2011, 12:36
My Bank (Santander) Give me unlimited destination travel insurance, free medical insurance (provided it's not a condition that I had before I opened the account). Free Credit Search and a zero interest credit card on purchases at home or abroad, you only pay interest on cash withdrawals.

Dedworth
23rd May 2011, 16:10
We use Atlas Direct http://www.atlasdirect.net/main.asp

branno
3rd June 2011, 19:30
can any one tell me if ur travel insurance covers you wen flying with pal or cebu pacific airways.. ive read something from the civil aviation authorities thats put both these airways on the blacklist regarding safety features...

Jamesey
3rd June 2011, 19:52
I do a search online and can usually get an annual multi trip policy (including diving and skiing) for me and the family for less than £50.

I've used insureandgo.com in the past.

branno
7th June 2011, 12:15
AA travel insurance have just informed me that they do not cover you for flights with cebu pacific and pal airlines...

branno
20th June 2011, 20:29
today i called AA travel insurance to email me to state that they dont cover cebu pacific and pal airlines... the operator said they now cover those air lines as long as they dont go to the destinations as advised by the british embassy...:doh:doh:doh