PDA

View Full Version : Daughter

Shamrockdave2003
25th April 2007, 14:09
Ok people I have a question, im hoping you can help with this.

May 26th I fly to Manila to marry my fiancé, I am there until the 14th June and hopefully will have completed the wedding etc by then (Shotgun) J

We have a two year old daughter Angelina, born in the Philippines and lives with her mother – I miss them both very deeply.

I have a problem, basically after I come back to the UK my fiancé who should then be my wife will apply for a settlement Visa – I have been told this can take between 3 weeks to 3 months, so we are prepared for this.
Question is what I should do about my daughter I really don’t know which way to turn on this,

I believe that if my Wife applies for settlement visa then my daughter can go on the same application………….I think???
Or I register her at the British Embassy in Manila.
Not sure how this will work

Anybody know or got any experience of this.

Rgds

SD

joebloggs
25th April 2007, 15:50
i take it you are the bio father ? i know you say shes your daughter, makes it a bit harder if your not.

yes ive been thru this with me wife and little gal

yes on the spouse visa put your daughter down as a dependant, has the little gal got a passport ?? you need to send that and the little gals birth cert, with your wifes passport when you apply for the spouse visa.

Shamrockdave2003
25th April 2007, 16:06
Cheers Joe yes she is my Bio daughter.

So you reckon all i need is to get her a local passport and she can travel with mum, thats great news

SD

tiger@tigress
26th April 2007, 02:17
Cheers Joe yes she is my Bio daughter.
So you reckon all i need is to get her a local passport and she can travel with mum, thats great news
SD

Yes daughter can fly with her mum... i just know whats difference it makes since your the bio father... do you to have her separate fees?

Shamrockdave2003
26th April 2007, 08:34
What separate fees???

joebloggs
27th April 2007, 14:03
oh yes the fee for the embassy, yes you have to pay 2 fees, one for your wife and one for your daughter:bigcry:

but the good news your daughter can go as a dependant on her FLR or ILR app, so thats only one fee for both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
27th April 2007, 17:02
So its one fee not two yeah??? :Rasp:

tiger@tigress
28th April 2007, 02:13
So its one fee not two yeah??? :Rasp:

Yes One fee for FLR and ILR but for visa fee u have to pay them separately:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
2nd May 2007, 15:45
Sorry i dont understand ?

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 16:11
Isn't the child automatically British Citizen as her father is British?

I think she is! even though the marriage will take place after her birth.

If that's the case after you married your soon to be wife you will have to report your childs birth to the British Embassy in Manila before you can apply her a British passport but on other hand your partner can apply your child a Philippine passport too.

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 16:45
My apology.

Your child can not be automatically British Citizen unless you marry your child's mother.

If you do not marry, you must specifically approach the British consulate in Manila and apply for your childs registration as British citizens.

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029459735332

LadyJ
2nd May 2007, 16:52
Shamrockdave2003, was trying to PM you can you enable your PM settings? Just want to send some info to you.

Shamrockdave2003
3rd May 2007, 17:29
What is PM??

andypaul
3rd May 2007, 18:46
Pm is private message most of us on this site get one telling us we can make 12 million pounds if we just send a litlte money to an address in nigeria.

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 11:24
What is PM??

Sorry. PM for Private Message

aromulus
4th May 2007, 11:28
Pm is private message most of us on this site get one telling us we can make 12 million pounds if we just send a litlte money to an address in nigeria.

I thought it was in U.S. dollars..........???:Erm: :Erm:

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 11:32

Arggh! I hate those :censored: Nigerian scammers! :cwm23:

Shamrockdave2003
4th May 2007, 12:58
Lady you where gonna send something ?

Shamrockdave2003
4th May 2007, 14:08
Seriously guys.

I need help with this :yikes:

Surely someone has been through this.

They way i understand this is that when my soon to be wife aplies for Spuse visa she will pay £500 + £500 for my daughter.
Is this right???

Please help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SD

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 15:52
Lady you where gonna send something ?

Yes!

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 15:58
Seriously guys.

I need help with this :yikes: ?

You think we are not serious to those answers we already replied to you?:doh

Surely someone has been through this.

They way i understand this is that when my soon to be wife aplies for Spuse visa she will pay £500 + £500 for my daughter.
Is this right???

SD

Totally wrong!

Shamrockdave2003
4th May 2007, 16:05
Totally worng???? then please explain to me:Erm:

baboyako
4th May 2007, 16:20
i think joeblogs said it was two fees because he just went through the same process.

he's probably still busy at work :D so will answer later..

Shamrockdave2003
8th May 2007, 08:59
Surely someone can help me with this??

There must be at least one person who has done this

Helllllllpp

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 09:37
What happened to the site I refered to you?

joebloggs
8th May 2007, 10:44
yes you have to pay the embassy a fee for your daughter, i had to pay for my wife, daughter and stepson,

its only on FLR and ILR if they are still under 18, you can include them on your wifes FLR or ILR app as dependants and pay one fee your wifes. i suppose i should have got my daughter a british passport while in manila, but then i did have to time or think about it then. dont know how long it would take, and we been waiting along time for the spouse visa.

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 10:51
That's what I told to Shamrockdave2003, after he married her partner in the Phils, he could register and apply a British passport for her daughter.

Joebloggs, can you explain why do they need to pay separately? There's only one settlement application form and the child can include on the form as she is under 18.

joebloggs
8th May 2007, 11:24
oh, my wife paid and did the forms, but looking at the form, i would have to check, but on the form vfa2, it asks for your pic, but no where does it ask for pic of the dependants (flr and ilr form does ask for pics of your dependants) so my wife must have filled one vfa2 form for her, one for my daughter and i know my stepson did fill the form in, and so each would need a seperate payment !! as each one is applying for settlement, then each would need to make a payment.. check with embassy but iam sure this is right.

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 12:14
I'm not sure but I think your wife made a mistake.

My aunt who applied a settlement with her 2 kids a year ago just filled only one form and they just stick all their pictures on the front of the form but that time on their application, on the children section my aunt didn't tick the box 'travelling with the applicant' this was because my aunt intend to get her 2 kids once she and her british husband got their mortgage here.

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 13:06
Shamrockdave2003,

I think you have two option

After you married your partner in the Phils your child would almost certainly be legitimated by the marriage, and would become BCs by descent.

Register your child's birth as a Legitimate the fee to the embassy is GBP92.00 and Child applying for British Citizenship fee is GBP400 and the form called MN1 and GBP76.00 for British passport application. (Please confirm to the embassy if MN1 form is still applied to your child).

Second option is your soon to be wife CAN include your child in her settlement application form and just tell her to stick their both pictures on the front of the form and on the 'children section' its asking if the 'child is travelling with the applicant?' simply tick the box 'YES' but make sure your wife included the child's Philippine passport and Phil Birth Certificate with their application.

Once they are in the UK, application could be made on form MN1 for your child to be registered as British do this asap so you can receive a Child benefit for her and the British passport can apply anytime you wish.

Probably option 2 is slightly quicker and saves you paying consular fees for transmitting the application too.

On this case I'm definitely sure what I'm saying here but if you are in any doubt just contact the British Embassy Manila.

One question though, are you named on the child's birth certificate?

'Phew'

LadyJ
8th May 2007, 13:19
Just to add to my post again

If you don't marry

still register your childs birth as Illegitimate to the embassy, if the child is more than year old and you haven't done the birth registering to the embassy then additional proof is required.

joebloggs
8th May 2007, 13:58
iam going to have to check with the wife, i know i had to pay for my stepsons visa, as when my wife applied for her spouse visa, her son didnt even have a birth cert never mind a passport, one of the reasons why we didnt apply for him then, also he was in his final years at school.

but if you says your aunt did that, i cant argue, but funny there is no where to put the childs photo, as there is on FLR and ILR forms, also on the vaf2 form, when it asks you what cat your applying for, 'as a child of someone settled or going to settle in the uk'

but i cannot be 100% sure as my wife filled the spouse visa for her and our daugther.but like you said it does have a box to tick if traveling with parent

Shamrockdave2003
9th May 2007, 09:30
Yes lady.

Although the child was born illegimate, i managed to swing it that she had my surname.

Thanks for your help Lady J

I think i will go for option 2

Cheers

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
10th May 2007, 08:32
I have emailed the UKVACS and this iwhat they said.

If your daughter is not a British passport holder she may apply for a Settlement visa to join you in the UK and she will need to fill-out a separate application form and pay the visa fee a part from your wife. We have attached the list of requirements, a visa application form and an application checklist for Settlement visa.

So this means two applications submited together - with a fee of £1000:yikes:

I wonder if i should apply for British Passport for her (daughter) just dont know how long that it would take for a passport for her

LadyJ
10th May 2007, 09:16

If your daughter is not a British passport holder she may apply for a Settlement visa to join you in the UK and she will need to fill-out a separate application form and pay the visa fee a part from your wife. We have attached the list of requirements, a visa application form and an application checklist for Settlement visa.

I wonder if i should apply for British Passport for her (daughter) just dont know how long that it would take for a passport for her

This is make me so upset, your little girl who is just age 2 yrs old needs to fill up a separate form and that cost you another GBP500! What a bloody rip off!:NoNo:

joebloggs
10th May 2007, 11:14

yes i asked my wife ,she said she phoned the embassy and they said the same thing, 2 apps and 2 fees, one for her and our daughter. :censored: