PDA

View Full Version : Article: The Very Best 3 Destinations Within The Philippines, Asia

KeithD
20th May 2011, 13:39
You can view the page at http://filipinaroses.com/content.php/257-The-Very-Best-3-Destinations-Within-The-Philippines-Asia

Englishman2010
20th May 2011, 15:30
That's good, I've been to all 3 places already and would highly recommend them to anyone else:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I always think its difficult to do a Top 3 or 5 or 10 or whatever, as we all have our own views on what makes something good or bad.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to say I've seen the majority of the 7000+ islands and be able to list my own Top 10 based on seeing the majority of the country rather than the top tourist places:D

KeithD
20th May 2011, 15:37
I haven't even done 1/2 the racecourses in this country yet, never mind 7000+ islands :cwm24:

Englishman2010
20th May 2011, 15:59
I haven't even done 1/2 the racecourses in this country yet, never mind 7000+ islands :cwm24:

haha, yes, wishful thinking to be able to do the 7000+ islands. Tawi's probably seen the most, and I bet that's still only a very small percentage.

stevewool
20th May 2011, 17:06
just done the first but where ever you go to the best part is sharing it with your love one i say

branno
20th May 2011, 17:20
just done the first but where ever you go to the best part is sharing it with your love one i say

nice sweet words stevie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
20th May 2011, 17:48
theres many islands to choose from to escape to in the phils, my wife and i often go to an island in the visayas nr concepcion called palina grande, its a lovely unknown paradise, no roads, no traffic except or the local bancas and no power.. the locals are all fisherman so ur fish is direct from the nets.. 99% of the homes are bamboo and nippa, my wifes sister having the only brick house...

ive often tried to pin the name on the island thru google map.. but i just cant seem to be able to do this, if any knows how to do this i would apprecciate any info ..

Tawi2
20th May 2011, 19:45
Tawi's probably seen the most
The majority of guys who visit Pinas do so with their wives or to visit their woman,hence they see their wives province/town/village and maybe a holiday resort or similar,thus Boracay being No1 in the list which I found mind boggling as I wouldnt even have placed it :icon_lol:
Also most people want a little comfort,at the very least running water and electricity,some need malls,jollibees,the whole kit'N'kaboodle,I have indeed wandered around pinas on a number of occassions as a free agent,I am also lucky enough to have someone who signs cheques for various projects she needs to visit before releasing funds,thats opened a lot of doors in the past,mayors and local politicians pull out all the stops if they think cash is in the offing :) Pinas is more than just a small amount of well-trodden islands,theres places off the map that arent visited,especially down south ;)

Maria B
21st July 2011, 15:43
:) Oh I love Philippines. I've been to the 3 places mentioned of the above with my best mates. Bohol is very accessible to me as it is just a super cat away from Cebu City. Nowadays I've heard they are getting expensive & is too crowded compared to 1993 & my last visits was 2007. It's an easy get away for the family/ friends on a weekend aside from island hopping in Cebu during the summer.
I love the white sand & the crystal blue waters of Boracay. It is also an accissible destination w/ ofc mates if u want stress busters. Despite of the cool white beach & islets in Cebu as we have company summer outing every year at work it just makes me feel a bit boring with the sand, sea & sun but now I'm missing it all.
I also love Puerto Princesa, Coron Palawan, El Nido & the underground river is wicked. I was shocked as it was so inexpensive out there. That was year 2004 & the jeepney fare was only PhP 6.00 anywhere u go. If I still got the budget, I will explore more to Mindoro:rolleyes: One of my friends aunt live there & mentioned that it was really lovely.
I snorkelled in Blue lagoon, island hopping, dive at the snoring cave in Palawan. Visit the butterly nursery & the crocodile place. I forgot the name of this Water Falls in El Nido & that's how I started to love Nature. Oh memories...
I only showed my husband the Bohol's tourist spots & Panglao Island. I haven't showed him some places that I've been to but I mentioned to him the above places and seen my old photos :icon_lol: I will take him one day....But I took my husband to some islets and loves Bantayan Island, Malapascua Island, Sumilon Island, Camotes Island and Badian Island in Cebu & pay visits to my mother side in Ormoc City where he loves the friendly people & the peaceful place.
On the other hand....There's even a lot of the nieghboring islands in Cebu to explore mentioning in the Visayas alone like Camiguin, Siquijor and visits Dumaguete, Iloilo & Bacolod too. In Mindanao part, the quiet place in Zamboanga City, fruits in Davao City off to Surigao then Siargao Island to witness the surfing competition. In Luzon the majestic Pagsanjan Falls, I would never try to go under that water falls again (there's a cave inside) as it feels like there's a hundred people blowing your back off with a hard wood :icon_lol: & lots & lots, urban part of Cavite & lots. :Wave::Hellooo: I'm so in love of our very own Philippines.:REDancedancer08::smileybigtmouth:
When I was in the Philippines, the view seems so natural to me & I just love the fact that I've been there just for strolling, diving, dining & visits classmates place. But now that I live in England, I do appreciate the beauty of the Philippines even more. What a paradise.:):smileybigtmouth:

scott&ligaya
21st July 2011, 16:25
fabulous post Maria, makes me want to get back to our place in Palawan NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!