PDA

View Full Version : does my wife need to visa to come to britain

chippy
9th June 2005, 15:09
can anyone tell me does my wife need a visa to come to britain for about 4 weeks as a sort of hoilday.

thanks

moi
9th June 2005, 16:01
Originally posted by chippy@Jun 9 2005, 02:09 PM
can anyone tell me does my wife need a visa to come to britain for about 4 weeks as a sort of hoilday.
thanks

Quoted post

Yes if she is a visa national, she needs one.she will have to apply for a visit visa.

walesrob
9th June 2005, 16:23
Originally posted by moi@Jun 9 2005, 03:01 PM
Yes if she is a visa national, she needs one.she will have to apply for a visit visa.

Quoted post

I'm sure others on this forum will tell you, why not go for a settlement visa? Although its a major hassle getting one, once your wife has it, she will be allowed multiple entry to UK, whereas each individual holiday/visitor visa as you are suggesting would mean re-applying for each time.

Unless you are planning on living out there in Philippines with your wife, then a Visitors Visa will do the job if you only plan to return to the Uk together for a visit once a year or so....

chippy
9th June 2005, 16:37
yes mate will be doing settlement visa as well just wanted to spend some time with her here. in my country to give her a taste of britain.

andypaul
9th June 2005, 20:18
Originally posted by chippy@Jun 9 2005, 04:37 PM
yes mate will be doing settlement visa as well just wanted to spend some time with her here. in my country to give her a taste of britain.

Quoted post

Loads of advice on this site and others on the subject, but from what i have read it is very hard for a Person from the Phillipines to obtain a Tourist Visa to the UK.

Its not unheard of but for the average Person with no great reason (high paid or high ranking job, large bank balance etc) to return to the Phillipines. IMO there is not a high chance of obtaining a tourist visa in the UK sadly.