PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help me with advise please

poss30
24th April 2007, 21:57
hello.i hope somebody can help.i met somebody in the philippines when i travelled there to visit my niece in february.im very much in love with her and i miss her like mad.basically i want her here with me asap.the day i landed back in the uk we spoke on yahoo messenger and i asked her if she wanted to come and live with me and she said she would.i own my house (with mortgage)and i have my own business which pays a good wage although im not loaded.im going back to see her in may and im going to try and get her a visa to come back with me.i only have 3 weeks in the philippines so i was going to try and get her a 6 month visit visa then when shes here apply for a work permit for her and give her a job in my business.does anybody know if this is possible.also i need to know the best possible way of getting a visit visa for her.on the ukvacs website it says non-settlement visas you should have a decision in 15 days is this true.

andypaul
24th April 2007, 22:22
A work visa is unlikely unless you can improve no one can do the job from the uk or the eu (ie highly skilled job etc)

Vistor visas are possible but for a young unmarried person unless they have a very good job, loads of money/land (ie a reason why they not wanna run away from phill for good) they are pretty hard to come by.

I know its not the news you wanna here and both visas im sure are possible, but just make sure you research all the rules and regs well before applying to save hassle.

LadyJ
24th April 2007, 22:23
If you love this lady then the best option is to apply her a fiancee visa than visitor visa as this will likely get a refused but first you must build evidences that your relationship is genuine ie. keep all the Y! Messenger chats, phone calls, emails etc.

Spend some few times reading all the success story from the members of this forum and you will find them just right here in this forum! All your questions about applying a visa has been already answered here.

poss30
24th April 2007, 22:37
thanx i have been looking its just all so mind boggling.i guess i have no chance of going to manila in may and coming back together 3 weeks later.i just wanted to know if there is a way i miss her so much.yeah she has nothing as in money/land etc.we txt everyday but i only phone and chat through y messenger sorry if im being dim but how do you keep records of chatting on ym.do the embassy take business accounts into consideration instead of personal bank accounts

scotsfiancee
24th April 2007, 22:49
As what they said, gather all the evidence that u actually have contact to each other for a couple months and met each other.

Apply fiancee visa, marry her in UK, ammend her passport, Apply FLR(m) then after she have that visa, she can work anytime.

Pls use the SEARCH FUNCTION im sure u will find the answers to all of your questions that u might have now.

poss30
24th April 2007, 23:05
yeah im looking through the forum now i only found it tonight.1 more question do we have to get married within 6 months if i can get my gf in the uk with me i would like to live together a while longer than 6 months before getting married.is that possible?thankyou all your advice has been much appreciated

poss30
24th April 2007, 23:10
i have an indian friend here in the uk who thinks it would not be a problem getting her a visit visa because of the ammount of friends he has visiting him from india who have sponsers.is the philippines so much harder to get a visit visa or is it the obvious that im a man and my gf a women

scotsfiancee
24th April 2007, 23:11
Fiancee visa is good for 6 months only! So within that time u should get married, coz you still have to apply her the 2 yr extension visa which is the FLR(M) b4 the visa is due.

She will stay legal in UK, as long as you follow the steps after wedding!

poss30
24th April 2007, 23:39
cheers scots.i just hope (if i can get my gf to the uk) that she likes it here.i worry it will be to cold for her.she would turn the ac off as soon as i walked out of the hotel room in subic.its not the warmest in the north east uk.thanx ppl i will keep searching the forum

KeithD
25th April 2007, 08:52
Fiancee visa is the only legal way, and the way everyone here done it, and nearly all are now happily in the UK.

We all had to wait months, and none of us died!! I had to wait 2 years.....

You do know that visa's will cost you over £1000 in the first year?

tiger@tigress
25th April 2007, 09:13
Fiancee visa is the only legal way, and the way everyone here done it, and nearly all are now happily in the UK.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

poss30
25th April 2007, 09:17
yeah im an impatient sod.maybe when i go over in may i should leave the visa application untill later as ive only known her since february and i want to help her apply with as much ammo as i can ie contact,money ive sent,pics etc.i know its expensive but shes worth it.

poss30
25th April 2007, 10:23
yes i understand its expensive but shes worth it.i think i will just visit my gf in may without submitting an application as we have only known each other since february.i would like to be armed with as much as i can for the application and maybe 4 months contact will not be enough.im so glad i found this forum it has saved me from wasting time and money thanx ppl.ive got to think of a way of telling her now because she has it in her head that its quite simple to get to the uk

poss30
25th April 2007, 10:25
arrrggg why cant i post

joebloggs
25th April 2007, 11:13

We all had to wait months, and none of us died!! I had to wait 2 years.....

You do know that visa's will cost you over £1000 in the first year?

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
i got married in nov 2002, but didnt apply for a spouse visa til jan 2005 !!!!, no i wasn't in 'strange ways' keith :omg: , i waited for me wife to finish med school, she got granted a visa in march 2005, came to uk mid may 2005 ! now thats waiting :icon_lol:
oh and before that we knoew each other for about 2 1/2 yrs :D

its worth the wait ... :doh

poss30
25th April 2007, 18:58
i dont mind the cost it will be worth it.ok im just going to visit her again in 3 weeks time.i wont try a visit visa.i will however use all the advice off this forum to collect stubs,reciepts,pics etc.to build a portfolio up and try for fiance visa in a few months.i now know how to save chat logs and call logs so i can now print them off and i have my phone bills showing i have txt her everyday since ive been back and phoned at least once a week.ive also told my gf to save her load cards.i just need to be patient.thankyou

andypaul
25th April 2007, 19:04
Wow you picked all the basics up quick you must have done some serious reading good on you sir. i hope you are both together very soon.

poss30
25th April 2007, 19:15
thanx.we will be back together for a couple of weeks soon i cant wait.im just so glad i found this site or i would have gone blind and come back very disappointed.you ppl are a mountain of knowledge im still learning more & more every minute.just 1 more thing if you dont mind.ive tried searching but i cant find anything on age difference.do you know if the embassy look down on it.im 31 and my gf is 22

andypaul
25th April 2007, 19:31
Im 32 the wifes 23 i was 29 and the wife 21 when applying

poss30
25th April 2007, 20:00
ok thanx another little peace to my mind.cmon liverpool

poss30
27th April 2007, 17:16
oh dear.my heads in the shed.my gf has just rang me to say she isnt really 22but 18 and i think she has tried to get her passport with somebody elses id(dont know how u can try that but i couldnt understand her coz she was crying so much)i hope not anyway.im supposed to be going to see her in 2 weeks but i dont know what to do now.she was in tears and says she loves me and wants to be with me here in england but that now makes us 13yrs apart in age.i love her so much im devastated i presume she has to be 21 to come with me anyway.well im gonna close shop and go buy some vodka get drunk and :bigcry:.sorry i just wanted to share that with someone:censored: :censored: :censored:

andypaul
27th April 2007, 18:13
Chill mate let her calm down and explain her self at present there is no law saying they have to be over 21 to come over in the uk and they may not be one for a while. Read a former poster who was far older than you and i and wife was younger than us both. No need to panicpanic yet.

scotsfiancee
27th April 2007, 18:21
oh dear.my heads in the shed.my gf has just rang me to say she isnt really 22but 18 and i think she has tried to get her passport with somebody elses id(dont know how u can try that but i couldnt understand her coz she was crying so much)i hope not anyway.im supposed to be going to see her in 2 weeks but i dont know what to do now.she was in tears and says she loves me and wants to be with me here in england but that now makes us 13yrs apart in age.i love her so much im devastated i presume she has to be 21 to come with me anyway.well im gonna close shop and go buy some vodka get drunk and :bigcry:.sorry i just wanted to share that with someone:censored: :censored: :censored:

Why she never tell you bout her real age?? what's her reason????
Where she from again?

One of the member here has a filipino gf and she's 18 too and the guy is same age as you! And they are going to apply fiancee visa in autum this year!

Just go and see her, see how it works for u both :)

poss30
27th April 2007, 18:30
andypaul im trying its just many things going on in my head.are filipino women more mature than our british counterparts.its the teen thing that hits me.am i a teenage crush.obviously i need to talk to her.i cant get any sense out of her now.shes gonna come on yahoo tomorrow.

baboyako
27th April 2007, 18:43
vodka is good for you, it low ph :xxgrinning--00xx3:

seriously just relax - it will work out ok :Erm:

poss30
27th April 2007, 18:45
scotsfiancee i can only think that it was a comment i made to her,that she looks to young for an old git like me,which i said as a joke.she lives in taytay rizal.we met in robinsons supermarket near the la corona hotel where i was staying.we met we clicked and she came to subic with me for 3 weeks where i had the time of my life to be honest.i came out of a long term relationship a year ago where my ex had been sleeping with someone behind my back for 3 months.i have 2 young kids to this horrible women and all the lies i got off her makes me hate lying now.im probably letting this get to me to much now.im going to grill her tomorrow coz i dont like ppl not being straight with me

poss30
27th April 2007, 18:47
thanx peeps.i might try a bit of tampo tomorrow.hows it go again total silence

andypaul
27th April 2007, 19:10
Phil ladies from my limited experience do seem to grow up quicker in some aspects than brit raised ladies. They normally have more resposbilty in the home look after their younger and older realtives.
Best thing to do is chat to her saturday and see what happens.

andypaul
27th April 2007, 19:18
thanx peeps.i might try a bit of tampo tomorrow.hows it go again total silence

Tampo on yahoo kind of defeats the object.

relax tonight and talk to her she may have made s ailly mistake but who doesnt. phill women like to please those they love (from what i know) and are more selfless then the avg brit.
my wife didnt want to say she had a brother or sister at first in case it upset me not sure how it would but there you go. Phill ladies tend to not want to upset their mahal. I dont know why im no expert im afraid.

poss30
27th April 2007, 19:37
to be honest andypaul i would never have guessed so i shouldnt have asked the question.english women i would have spotted it.smirnoffs kicking in the low ph is working maybe i should drink gaviscon and save the liver.i pray tonight she has a good reason for me tomorrow

poss30
27th April 2007, 19:39
yeah just staring at the cam might not get me any answers

andypaul
27th April 2007, 20:17
It may be a big lost in translation moment and nothing is up. take it easy on her phill ladies generally dont like the confrtation that brit ladies would handle with ease.
maybe write her an email to read as well so if she is online earlier she can read it, remeber english is not her first lanugae it may take her time to understand what your asking. A fast paced q n a session might leave her dazed and confused wondering whats going on.

ps dont send any emails or texts when on the sirmoff but thats a standard Rule for life anywhere init.

KeithD
27th April 2007, 20:43
I f you go and it doesn't work out, just get another while you're they're.....it's like a wife factory..................is my wife reading this??

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:xxmixed-smiley-017:

eljean
27th April 2007, 21:02
I f you go and it doesn't work out, just get another while you're they're.....it's like a wife factory..................is my wife reading this??

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:xxmixed-smiley-017:

so i guess england is a husband factory :Erm: :D :Rasp: :icon_lol:

poss30
28th April 2007, 12:14
haha winwin i can tell your an intelligent bloke but your bloody crazy

poss30
28th April 2007, 12:16
b/cus u dont like yung and i want to be wiht u im sorry.

poss30
28th April 2007, 12:17
cant argue with that.luckily i couldnt type coz of the smirnoff last night

Philip
14th May 2007, 14:44
What happened next?

It seems kind of suspicious to me that she'd run off with a man for 3 weeks to SUBIC(of all places) that she just met in a mall!?

Or am I just being paranoid!? :cwm24:

joebloggs
14th May 2007, 15:54
you off on strike philip or on your dinner hour :D
hope you lot dont strike til i've got me visa papers back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: says in news , threat of first national strike for 10years, but i think every year you've threaten to strike :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th May 2007, 15:59
you off on strike philip or on your dinner hour :D

:icon_lol:

Something funny after 609 posts....hope yet :)

poss30
16th May 2007, 10:10
phillip im in philippines with may now.its to bloody hot tho.maybe love at first sight does exist i didnt believe in it but i think it has happened with us.anyway im going to get a 35peso san mig ***** have fun ppl.im a bit drunk now hiccup.we are getting pics for visa app but wont be doing it untill feb.dont know if it will work as i am 13 years older than may but hey u have to try

poss30
16th May 2007, 10:28
sometimes i wish it never happened philip because it seems so much hard work for us to be together.especially when our country is now multi-national.time apart is a killer

Philip
16th May 2007, 17:58
Ehehehe not on strike(I don't want to strike! :NoNo: ), just had long weekend off. :Rasp:

You're age difference wont be a problem, but May being under 23 might be at a later stage.
You have a long road ahead of you... :omg:
Good luck and in the meantime, enjoy the beer! :cwm3::Hellooo:

andypaul
16th May 2007, 21:15
sometimes i wish it never happened philip because it seems so much hard work for us to be together.especially when our country is now multi-national.time apart is a killer

Dont need to tell most people on here about the being apart situation, either been there, or in the situation at the present.

Its tough but you need to be strong and one way i found to deal with the sepration is to do all the research i can and make sure everything goes as smooth as it can.

Stick with this site people will help and like i say people on here know the problems and emotional problems these situations cause.

poss30
7th June 2007, 13:27
yeah andypaul finding this site has helped so much.thanx to everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3: .brrr its cold.anyone on here from or been to cebu.totally enjoyed it there.nice place and nice people.anyway ive got hotel reciepts,flight tickets,pics of us together,chat logs,phone bills im nearly there all i need now is money as ive spent all my savings going to phili twice in the space of 5 months.time to stop going out and start saving.

23:yikes: whats that about.time to search

andypaul
7th June 2007, 21:23
Welcome back enjoy your searching:Erm: