PDA

View Full Version : VAF2 Question 7.16

STU3UK
24th April 2007, 20:21
Myself and Hannah are eventually going to apply for our Fiancee visa in July this year. I am confident I can produce an application that meets all of the criteria and has all the information required.

However, in regard to Question 7.16.

Have you ever been refused entry to, deported from, or otherwise reuired to leave another country

Hannah has previously been refused entry into Hong Kong. At the time she was given no apparent reason. This is not on her current passport on her previous one.

Will this have any great significance in the result of the application?

Im really worried about it as I think it might be our only stumbling block

LadyJ
24th April 2007, 20:42
Its always best to tell the truth and the ECO will see on her previous passport that she had applied an entry clearance to another country before.

I'm sure this won't affect her application for fiancee visa as long you have a strong and genuine supporting documents.

andypaul
24th April 2007, 21:18
I would put it down as well never lie about these things as that would be a reason to automatically deny visa.
Find all the information and details about your girlfriend being denied you can. My wife and her family will sometime mention things, but not say to much, i dont know why i guess just a phill thing.

Was she going for a holiday,student or a working visa?

Was a company or an agent involved if it was for work?

Going from there you can explain it better to the ceo if required.

STU3UK
24th April 2007, 21:27
Im going to put in a separate sheet of paper inside the application and explain as best we can.

She went to HK in search of work and found some part time cleaning work for a few weeks until her 14 day Visa expired. She then went into China to look for some permanent work with a contract etc and after a few weeks decided to return to HK and was then refused.

It was on her old passport. She got a new one when she returned home and has since been back to China to do some work in March this year, but didnt go thru HK.

Im going to put all this on application in more details with dates etc and employer details

LadyJ
24th April 2007, 21:31
Goodluck to your application!

andypaul
24th April 2007, 21:35
Honesty sounds the best policy, probaly wise to check if she should mention the part time job she had in HK untill you check the condtions of the visa for a phil in hk.
Remeber us brits might pop over to france or spain as teenagers and work behind a bar with no hassles, but it may not be the same for a phill in Hk im not to sure on the ins and outs im afraid.

Going to hk then on to china and then not be allowed into Hk due to not spending enough time away from HK. Simply touring the countrys.

Ping
25th April 2007, 09:40
hats why she was refused again, because her visa in entering Hongkong is a tourist visa and you are not allowed to worked, then exited to China and after few days went back to Hongkong.Naturally the immigration officer detect that there's something wrong with it.Thats violation of the immigration law I think.Working visa in Hongkong is good for two years but they changed the laws when Hongkong was turned over to the Chinese government, so its the same two years but you have to exit after one year for few days to restamped your passport and to avoid people applying for residency.Before when Hongkong was under British rule many domestic worker can apply residency after working for two years or more thats why the changed it to avoid over crowding.

tiger@tigress
26th April 2007, 02:10
Myself and Hannah are eventually going to apply for our Fiancee visa in July this year. I am confident I can produce an application that meets all of the criteria and has all the information required.
However, in regard to Question 7.16.
Have you ever been refused entry to, deported from, or otherwise reuired to leave another country
Hannah has previously been refused entry into Hong Kong. At the time she was given no apparent reason. This is not on her current passport on her previous one.
Will this have any great significance in the result of the application?
Im really worried about it as I think it might be our only stumbling block

Always tell the truth....