PDA

View Full Version : Tramp Stamps

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 09:24
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/12/article-1386516-0C07F75F00000578-919_306x687.jpg

It seems Miley Cyrus' love of tattoos runs in the family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1386516/Miley-Cyrus-shows-toned-bikini-body-Brazilian-beach.html#ixzz1MDciUmMS

I've never heard of her but Cheryl Cole, Amy Winehouse and Bob Geldofs daughter will be envious of these slag tags:vomit-smiley-011:

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 09:37
Can't say I'm a fan of them myself either, but some are and it's up to them I suppose. They don't look too bad on some men, but I'm not a fan of them on women.

I went to the local supermarket during the recent heatwave and couldn't believe how many grotesquely overweight young women are tattooed these days - not very attractive:omg:

I recently saw a photo of my ex Filipina g/f, and she has had a particularly nasty looking tattoo done on the side of her neck, around her ear and all down her neck and shoulder - well rid of her:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 09:44
Can't say I'm a fan of them myself either, but some are and it's up to them I suppose. They don't look too bad on some men, but I'm not a fan of them on women.

I went to the local supermarket during the recent heatwave and couldn't believe how many grotesquely overweight young women are tattooed these days - not very attractive:omg:

I recently saw a photo of my ex Filipina g/f, and she has had a particularly nasty looking tattoo done on the side of her neck, around her ear and all down her neck and shoulder - well rid of her:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree the hot weather brings out the bellies and tats.

They're vulgar on both sexes. I'm amused at the so called "tribal" ones - I can't understand what empathy a hooded British yob might have with someone from the Brazilian Rainforest. I also wonder if the ones in Hindi (Beckham etc) or Oriental characters are actually obscenities in those languages :icon_lol:

At what age will these morons start to regret it ?

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 10:08
I also wonder if the ones in Hindi (Beckham etc) or Oriental characters are actually obscenities in those languages :icon_lol:

I'm sure there are many instances where the owner of said oriental tattoo actually has 'Chicken Chowmein and Egg Fried Rice' inked on his arm thinking it says 'Peace or Love or whatever...':doh

Jonbo
13th May 2011, 10:23
I say I find this post rather offensive as my Wife has a small butterfly tattoo.

Why would you call someone with this body art a "tramp"?

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 10:34
I say I find this post rather offensive as my Wife has a small butterfly tattoo.

Why would you call someone with this body art a "tramp"?

Art for arts sake. I suppose I can't see much wrong in a small and discrete tat which is a world away from these "designs" that cover acres of flesh.

If you tire of a painting it is easy to take it off the wall.

subseastu
13th May 2011, 11:23
At what age will these morons start to regret it ?

As one of those morons who have tattoos (3) I will never regret it. I thought long and hard (12-18 months) before getting each one of mine. None are visible due to the company I worked for at the time frowning on them for officers if they where on show. Each one has a specific meaning to me and me only. And yes I have a chinese one as well which I've has translated several times by independent sources and is correct.

It is everybodies right to express themselves. The picture of tattoos you've posted would in all likelyhood be covered up for 95% of the time so there is no really "problem" is there.

As I was told don't get tattoed where it'll sag later in life because god knows what you'll end up with!

Arthur Little
13th May 2011, 12:31

Funnily enough, Ian :rolleyes: ... back in late 1997/early '98, I dated a woman who happened to sport a tattoo - which I wasn't aware of until some time into the relationship - and I remember its discovery somehow worried me, tbh, since I was 53 years old ... and she, 41. Without going into detail - my misgivings turned out to be not entirely unfounded.

Tawi2
13th May 2011, 12:37
Tramp-stamps are becoming commonplace amongst younger generation pinays.Visit places like Boracay and keep your eyes peeled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDL5W9Vr7M

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 12:45
Tramp-stamps are becoming commonplace amongst younger generation pinays.Visit places like Boracay and keep your eyes peeled.

:omg: Scarred for life - not too many years ago it was mainly sailors who got tatted up :)

http://www.popeyefreshfoods.com/images/links_image.jpg

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 12:49

The beachfronts at Boracay and Puerto Galera are full of henna and real tattoo stalls. Many Pinoys are heavily tattooed.
Some of them look OK. I don't mind the intricate arty ones, but I can't see the point of just having a name scrawled on your arm or back. I wouldn't have one myself, but it's individual choice, and if someone has given it proper consideration rather than it being a drunken mistake, fair enough:xxgrinning--00xx3:

A mate of mine has them all down both arms and on both hands, he likes the ones on his arms but really regrets the ones on his hands as he can't cover them up.

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 12:51
Funnily enough, Ian :rolleyes: ... back in late 1997/early '98, I dated a woman who happened to sport a tattoo - which I wasn't aware of until some time into the relationship - and I remember its discovery somehow worried me, tbh, since I was 53 years old ... and she, 41. Without going into detail - my misgivings turned out to be not entirely unfounded.

You mean you didn't find out on the first date:D

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 13:09
I would never have tattoos but I always do get a henna tattoo everytime I go to the beach coz it'll just last for 2 weeks the most...If these women want real tattoos on their body, it's their choice and no one should criticize them just because of that..it's probably meaningful or fashion statement for them..whatever reason they have, none should judge their personality and call them awful names...it's not like they've committed a crime by getting tattoos right??? Instead of getting yourself into such news and judging people without personally knowing them, why not take a look at yourself first and fix whatever wrong doings you do in your day to day life to improve yourself.

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 13:18
It surprises me how many usually sensible people run the risk of disfigurement by allowing unregulated itinerant beach traders to "henna tattoo" them :Erm:

Scarred for life by henna tattoo

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/TattooEASTNEWS_450x450.jpg

This is the horrific damage done to a ten-year-old's arm after a holiday henna tattoo went disastrously wrong.

The scarring in the pattern of the tattoo's design may be permanent, doctors have warned.

Charlie Wallace had the tattoo done on the last day of his holiday in Marmaris, Turkey, with parents Pauline and Steve Wallace.

'I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine.

'When the last day was coming, he wanted a new one to show his friends. We went back and it was a different lady. A few hours after it was done, it started swelling up.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/211260-scarred-for-life-by-henna-tattoo

Each to their own but in the UK no doubt this self harm is treated at taxpayers expense by the NHS

Tawi2
13th May 2011, 13:21
having a name scrawled on your arm
I used to knock about in Ermita quite a lot in the early 1990's,I was based in Honkers so Manila was a cheap weekend away,once the american bases closed down in 92 quite a number of working girls drifted down to Manila to work,it wasnt unusual to see numbers of them wandering around Ermita and Del Pilar,they often had western names on their arms,one told me long-term boyfriends around the yank bases would have their names tattooed on their "steady" girlfriends,sort of branding their property,that was also the first time I ever heard the term LBFM :rolleyes:

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 14:06
it's not the kid's fault...it's the lady tattoo artist who caused that...i'm sure no one, especially the kid wanted that to happen...with what you said, would that mean unexpected instances like this takes advantage of the right the people there in having free NHS and abuses the taxpayers money? if that's the case, all you guys do the same thing too..

Each to their own but in the UK no doubt this self harm is treated at taxpayers expense by the NHS

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 14:15
it's not the kid's fault...it's the lady tattoo artist who caused that...i'm sure no one, especially the kid wanted that to happen...with what you said, would that mean unexpected instances like this gets advantage of the right the people there in having free NHS and abuses the taxpayers money? if that's the case, all you guys do the same thing too..

It is actually the fault of the irresponsible parents allowing the child to be tatted by an unlicenced/unhygienic beach trader.

"I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine."

As regards UK taxpayer funded healthcare in instances like this I'd like to see the NHS insisting the costs were covered by travel insurance - as it would be if the dodgy tat had been done on the first day of the holiday rather than the last. If you are overseas unless medical care is covered by insurance make sure you have a fat wallet

bornatbirth
13th May 2011, 14:19
im sure dedworth will be wasting the tax payers money at some point in his life :D

subseastu
13th May 2011, 14:27
It surprises me how many usually sensible people run the risk of disfigurement by allowing unregulated itinerant beach traders to "henna tattoo" them :Erm:

Scarred for life by henna tattoo

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/TattooEASTNEWS_450x450.jpg

This is the horrific damage done to a ten-year-old's arm after a holiday henna tattoo went disastrously wrong.

The scarring in the pattern of the tattoo's design may be permanent, doctors have warned.

Charlie Wallace had the tattoo done on the last day of his holiday in Marmaris, Turkey, with parents Pauline and Steve Wallace.

'I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine.

'When the last day was coming, he wanted a new one to show his friends. We went back and it was a different lady. A few hours after it was done, it started swelling up.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/211260-scarred-for-life-by-henna-tattoo

Calling this self harm is a little harsh isn't it. The lad was ten and just unlucky for goodness sake. He didn't sit there a burn it into his own arm did he. I'm not supporting unlicenced tattoo palours or anything but the lad was on holiday and got a henna done just like thousand of other people.

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 14:28
im sure dedworth will be wasting the tax payers money at some point in his life :D

:icon_lol: If you read carefully I never actually said wasting or abusing but "taxpayers expense".

The NHS is wonderful when it comes to accident or emergency treatment (other than on a Saturday night when the units are jammed with comatose beered up binge drinkers) but in this instance I feel the slack parents should at least bare some of the costs. Thats my point

subseastu
13th May 2011, 14:29
I would never have tattoos but I always do get a henna tattoo everytime I go to the beach coz it'll just last for 2 weeks the most...If these women want real tattoos on their body, it's their choice and no one should criticize them just because of that..it's probably meaningful or fashion statement for them..whatever reason they have, none should judge their personality and call them awful names...it's not like they've committed a crime by getting tattoos right??? Instead of getting yourself into such news and judging people without personally knowing them, why not take a look at yourself first and fix whatever wrong doings you do in your day to day life to improve yourself.

Fully agree:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
13th May 2011, 14:34
i dont like tattoos or body piecing, maybe it was the big burly sailor that winked at me once...that put me off.

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 14:45
some interesting examples of body art taken a bit too far

subseastu
13th May 2011, 16:06
i dont like tattoos or body piecing, maybe it was the big burly sailor that winked at me once...that put me off.

I'm sorry I didn't recognise you. didn't know you frequented the same bars as me!

subseastu
13th May 2011, 16:08
some interesting examples of body art taken a bit too far

Agreed that is a bit far for my tastes but at the end of the day its up to them what they do with their bodies isn't it.

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 16:10
Agreed that is a bit far for my tastes but at the end of the day its up to them what they do with their bodies isn't it.

Agreed:xxgrinning--00xx3: Although, they aren't my thing, some of my most interesting friends have been very heavily tattooed

subseastu
13th May 2011, 16:20
Tattoos don't harm anyone and within reason don't offend anyone (unless you've got obsenities scrawled across your forehead) and to call these people which obviously includes me with my tattoos, morons is narrow minded and insulting. Within reason they are sometimes a fashion item be it a permenant one but as long as its thought there is no problem.

Dedworth
13th May 2011, 16:29
Call me narrow minded and insulting if you like, water off a ducks back to me. I think to permanently deface your body is moronic just as I was a moron when I smoked cigarettes. For the record I also believe body piercing to be stupid and hazardous

subseastu
13th May 2011, 16:48
I'm done with this thread

Doc Alan
13th May 2011, 20:40
Miley Cyrus may be a flawed role model for countless teenagers (first as an actress in Disney Channel sitcom "Hannah Montana", now a pop singer), with a famous Dad ( Billy Ray Cyrus is a country music singer ), but she's smart enough to be worth around $ 50 million.
Tattoos have been around in many cultures for thousands of years ( the Spaniards called Visayans "Pintados" / Painted Ones ). There are no official statistics but it's estimated over 1/5 British adults have them, and around a quarter of those later want them removing.
Modern tattoo pigment is usually carbon-based. It's inserted into the skin with one or more needles, often using an electrical machine. The needles should be "single-use", the equipment and the skin to be tattooed must be sterilised, and strict hygiene is needed. Possible risks are:-
* allergic reaction
* infection - local
- hepatitis B / C (hence blood donation not allowed for a year afterwards )
* scarring - local "bumps" (granulomas)
- excessive (keloid)
local swelling / inflammation if MRI ( magnetic resonance imaging) scan required, as some pigments contain trace elements like iron oxide.
Tattoo pigment remains in the skin and doesn't enter the blood stream. It does not cause cancer ( although it may "mask" a pre-existing cancer like a mole ).
Tattoos can be removed surgically ( with / without grafting ), dermabrasion ( "sandpapering" the skin), or laser, not always with good cosmetic results.
It's not known how much the NHS spends on tattoo removal, essentially a cosmetic treatment in most cases. One estimate is 40 million GBP. Primary Care Trust policy is inconsistent on this. However, benefits claimants
may "in exceptional circumstances" use taxpayers' money to pay for tattoo removal if it is "preventing a jobseeker taking up employment" ( www.telegraph.co.uk/news ; search "tattoos", May 9).
Henna tattoos are non-permanent dying or staining of the skin surface, using a paste derived from a plant (Lawsonia Inermis). They are safe, fading in 2-3 weeks, and may only cause an allergic reaction. "Black Henna", which caused the scarring in the 10 year old boy, is a chemical which should not be used.

Jonbo
14th May 2011, 00:38
Just for the record MY Wife is not a tramp and your very offhand with your insults sir

Doc Alan
14th May 2011, 10:49
Just for the record MY Wife is not a tramp and your very offhand with your insults sir
Welcome to the forum and please do not take offence :) ! I'm sorry also that raynaputi and subseastu are offended.
Most forum members are friendly and try to be helpful. There's much expertise and good information here, from members who respect each other, whether or not they have actually met :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
A similar proportion of the population probably smoke, abuse alcohol, and eat too much, as have tattoos. But the cost to health, our NHS, and society, for the first three examples of what some might also call "moronic behaviour" far outweighs the tax revenue received. Nobody is perfect and lifestyle choices affect us all. We're each entitled to opinions, but if they're not backed up by facts, treat them as "water off a duck's back" :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Notavirusalso
14th May 2011, 13:13
Tramps,Slags,Parasites, just imagine what a perfect world this would be if we were all like deptworth...have you really got such a big problem with your world ? ?
Perhaps you should be looking closer to home...let him without sin ect ! !

Dedworth
14th May 2011, 13:20

Just for the sake of good order read about the imaginary insult here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/31404-Specially-selected-for-Walaytawo

Post # 14

Ako Si Jamie
14th May 2011, 18:24
Think you've gone a bit OTT with this one Dedworth lad.

I had my first tat done aged 19 of my girlfriends name on my forearm. In hindsight it was pretty stupid as we split in the end, albeit after eleven years. Had it on my arm for twenty years up until last Xmas where instead of getting laser surgery, I got a tribal tattoo over the original one, and what a great job he made of it.

As for tattoo's on women. Some can be crude and ugly, especially on the arms but the smallish discreet tats I don't mind.

branno
14th May 2011, 19:07
http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5204&thumb=1 i dont regret the pain just the costs .. :icon_lol:

branno
14th May 2011, 23:39
Call me narrow minded and insulting if you like, water off a ducks back to me. I think to permanently deface your body is moronic just as I was a moron when I smoked cigarettes. For the record I also believe body piercing to be stupid and hazardous

i guess u dont like boxing too... :icon_lol: or rugby.. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
15th May 2011, 13:39
Wonder if I can get the top of my head tattooed black. :Erm:

Girls with tattoos look 'dirty' to me....in a sexy way. :hubbahubba:

Englishman2010
15th May 2011, 15:12
Wonder if I can get the top of my head tattooed black. :Erm:

My kids have got one of those hedgehog things with grass seed on its back, that seems to grow quite well....you should give a packet of grass seed a go, you'd look cool with green hair:icon_lol:

grahamw48
15th May 2011, 16:35
My kids have got one of those hedgehog things with grass seed on its back, that seems to grow quite well....you should give a packet of grass seed a go, you'd look cool with green hair:icon_lol:

What do you reckon ? :)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1539/copyofme.jpg

stevewool
15th May 2011, 16:38
top of the morning to yer there graham, and i dont mean to offend anyone that is irish either:icon_lol:

les_taxi
15th May 2011, 17:04
My Daughter always jokes"Dad why don't you have a Rabbit tattooed on your head"
I say why a Rabbit she says coz it looks like a hare:icon_lol:
I think small tattoos you can hide are OK but the trend is to get more and more and they are getting bigger-saw some sights in Blackpool not pretty:NoNo:

Englishman2010
15th May 2011, 19:03

Perfect:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good for the environment too, just think of all the co2 your new hair will absorb:icon_lol:

Jonbo
16th May 2011, 21:58
Just for the sake of good order read about the imaginary insult here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/31404-Specially-selected-for-Walaytawo

Post # 14

I did read it and replyed to Admins diconary quote

What part of Promiscuous Or Prostitute is it that you dont find insulting since that is the definition of tramp

Dedworth
16th May 2011, 22:21
I did read it and replyed to Admins diconary quote

What part of Promiscuous Or Prostitute is it that you dont find insulting since that is the definition of tramp

I've never found the need to consult a dictionary over a bit of slang

Pete/London
16th May 2011, 23:53
I've never found the need to consult a dictionary over a bit of slang

Put it to a live test then, next time your down the pub and some girls walk in with some tattoos try out your slang on them:D

Jonbo
17th May 2011, 10:44
Welcome to the forum and please do not take offence :) ! I'm sorry also that raynaputi and subseastu are offended.
Most forum members are friendly and try to be helpful. There's much expertise and good information here, from members who respect each other, whether or not they have actually met :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
A similar proportion of the population probably smoke, abuse alcohol, and eat too much, as have tattoos. But the cost to health, our NHS, and society, for the first three examples of what some might also call "moronic behaviour" far outweighs the tax revenue received. Nobody is perfect and lifestyle choices affect us all. We're each entitled to opinions, but if they're not backed up by facts, treat them as "water off a duck's back" :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Thanks for your kind reply I was and still am a bit shocked to see such disrespect for any of our women folk regardless of from which part of the world they hail from

I remember when wearing slacks was considered unusual but that didnt make those women that did bad

Steve.r
17th May 2011, 11:21
I have often thought about having a traditional intertwining Japanese Koi on the top of my arm and shoulder... but have not done it yet, not sure if i ever will, but I am not offended by the thought.
While some tattoos can look quite 'tatty' and 'common' some can be tasteful and beautiful works of art. Some are worn as badges, some to shock. If done with discrection I see no harm.

Englishman2010
17th May 2011, 15:59
I have often thought about having a traditional intertwining Japanese Koi on the top of my arm and shoulder... but have not done it yet, not sure if i ever will, but I am not offended by the thought.
While some tattoos can look quite 'tatty' and 'common' some can be tasteful and beautiful works of art. Some are worn as badges, some to shock. If done with discrection I see no harm.

Some of the Japanese tattoos do look good. Many years ago I went to the Tattoo Museum in Amsterdam, they have the preserved skins of several Yakuza in there, it might sound a bit sick, but the artwork was spectacular.
As I've said in previous posts, I'm not going to have any myself, but each to their own. Personally, I do think they look better on men than women, and I'm not a big fan of the ones that are just a scrawled name. Many friends of mine have tattoos, some regret them and others dont.
It does seem to be a subject that divides opinion. Rightly or wrongly people are going to judge a person on their physical appearance and first impressions do play a part in business. In my workplace we have very clear rules on tattoos, they must not be visible. It makes me wonder how people with tattoos on their hands, necks, faces and heads get an office type job? I suppose it's ok if you are multi millionaire rock star or run your own business, but it must be hard to get a job if you've got a swastika on your forehead.

Arthur Little
18th May 2011, 11:31

:D ... looks like someone has spilt a tin of green fence paint over your head, Graham. But yesterday, in a Princes Street, Edinburgh McDonald's outlet, I saw a young bloke whose thatch was even more garish than yours!

grahamw48
18th May 2011, 13:33
Just celebrating my Irish roots at the moment. :D

Englishman2010
18th May 2011, 14:13
Just celebrating my Irish roots at the moment. :D

You should have a 4 leaf clover / shamrock design shaved into it then :icon_lol: