PDA

View Full Version : David Cameron has broken pledge to support family values

Walaytawo
10th May 2011, 05:45
One of his election promises, and he actually seems to be making things worse :doh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8503785/Centre-for-Social-Justice-David-Cameron-has-broken-pledge-to-support-family-values.html

joebloggs
10th May 2011, 11:02
not only that the start up of breaking up the nhs. :angry:

branno
10th May 2011, 12:27
One of his election promises, and he actually seems to be making things worse :doh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8503785/Centre-for-Social-Justice-David-Cameron-has-broken-pledge-to-support-family-values.html

as they say " never trust a tory "

mickcant
10th May 2011, 12:34
Hi all,:Wave:
I have also been told but cannot yet confirm that they have cut the extra heating allowance to the older pensioners!
As always look after themselves is their main intrest:xxaction-smiley-047
Mick.:cwm3:

Jonbo
10th May 2011, 12:57
The ship has already sunk I dont believe a word of Party Polotics

branno
10th May 2011, 13:06
Tory; defintion, probaby from irish torai meaning " robber" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th May 2011, 16:17
Hi all,:Wave:
I have also been told but cannot yet confirm that they have cut the extra heating allowance to the older pensioners!

Mick.:cwm3:

:angry: Yeah ... that is correct! But us "young" uns'll be alright, Mick. :rolleyes: ... nearly said "Jack"! :doh

KeithD
10th May 2011, 19:29
Well if the previous government hadn't spent money they never had we wouldn't be having to make severe cutbacks now. Our deficit is pretty much the same as Greece's and look what happened to them!!! Ireland & Portugal as well. If Labour had got in and not made these severe cuts themselves we would have been approaching the IMF by now.... oh... and I support Labour, but voted Tory last time, and agree with what Cameron is doing to get ours finances sorted. Simply put, their is no other way of doing it.

les_taxi
10th May 2011, 19:56
I voted Labour in the past but Tory this time for the same reasons as Keith,we can't have/spend what we aint got and as tough as that is that's the score:)

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 00:36
Plenty of other ways to make cuts, but no, as always the little man has to make the sacrifices :angry:

branno
11th May 2011, 00:48
Well if the previous government hadn't spent money they never had we wouldn't be having to make severe cutbacks now. Our deficit is pretty much the same as Greece's and look what happened to them!!! Ireland & Portugal as well. If Labour had got in and not made these severe cuts themselves we would have been approaching the IMF by now.... oh... and I support Labour, but voted Tory last time, and agree with what Cameron is doing to get ours finances sorted. Simply put, their is no other way of doing it.

ok lets start with robbing the old aged ... for starters... but if i had a silver spoon in my gob as a child, or brought up in a posh house as poll tax was brought in id be happy too n vote for your lot.. but heyyy its only rob the poor " tory"..
obviously u cant rememember wot that person did to the north of " england" a dictator does not have to be a person it can also be a city.. london does this quite clearly it dictates every thing.. the north is blatantly robbed as always

id love to see a fair n equall england and be so proud of it too, but im afraid that it will never be as long as their is a tory in sight.. we all kno wot a tory government is... dont we...?

Dedworth
11th May 2011, 00:54
Plenty of other ways to make cuts, but no, as always the little man has to make the sacrifices :angry:

No sacrifices from those Saviours of The Proletariat/ I'm Alright Jack's Blair and Brown who got us into this mess, what are they up to nowadays ? Oh yes Bottler's sniffing around the World Bank, IMF etc for a £1 mill pa job and Blair is still keeping his hand in as "Middle East Peace Envoy" :omg:

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 01:07
You don't really expect those at the top of the food chain to suffer do you? :icon_lol: Those pair should be tried for war crimes imo, but will never happen.

The mantra of, "we must make cuts" really has hypnotized the nation. Simple but effective mind control :NEW5:

Pete/London
11th May 2011, 01:21
as they say " never trust a tory "

I dont trust any of them, they never mentioned changing the NHS in their manifesto.
Taxed from cradle to grave and then they come after what you have left behind.
Cost me 30p to take a leak at Liverpool Street station the other day, put me off my ability to pass water:icon_lol:

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 01:29
30p to take a pee :yikes: How much does a dump cost there these days?

raynaputi
11th May 2011, 01:35
:Erm: i just noticed, lots of sour grapes here with the British government..i'm just wondering why lots of guys here keep on complaining about your government yet you all want to bring your wives/fiancees/gfs there..so what good would that be to the females? Remember, our government here in the Philippines are corrupt too..compared to our country, your country is very rich..we dont even have free NHS here..but i can say there are still lots of Pinoys that are proud of our country and would want to go back here...if there are countries where you can have all the pleasures in life, why not transfer and live there? :Erm: just my humble observance :D

branno
11th May 2011, 01:50
:Erm: i just noticed, lots of sour grapes here with the British government..i'm just wondering why lots of guys here keep on complaining about your government yet you all want to bring your wives/fiancees/gfs there..so what good would that be to the females? Remember, our government here in the Philippines are corrupt too..compared to our country, your country is very rich..we dont even have free NHS here..but i can say there are still lots of Pinoys that our proud of our country and would want to go back here...if there are countries where you can have all the pleasures in life, why not transfer and live there? :Erm: just my humble observance :D

so richly appreciated too... if i may say its a great thing you have said also.. if i may say... we just love to moan and demonstrate some times too. phewwwww lol welcome to englandddddddd x

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 01:51
I don't want to take anybody to the UK :NoNo: That seems quite a weird concept to a lot of people, that I'm not here to bag the bride and take her back to Blighty.

I'm convinced all governments are corrupt, yet at least here I'm not being robbed through extortianate taxes. There is no perfect country, but this'll do for now :)

les_taxi
11th May 2011, 07:13
:Erm: i just noticed, lots of sour grapes here with the British government..i'm just wondering why lots of guys here keep on complaining about your government yet you all want to bring your wives/fiancees/gfs there..so what good would that be to the females? Remember, our government here in the Philippines are corrupt too..compared to our country, your country is very rich..we dont even have free NHS here..but i can say there are still lots of Pinoys that are proud of our country and would want to go back here...if there are countries where you can have all the pleasures in life, why not transfer and live there? :Erm: just my humble observance :D

Well said Raynaputi:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th May 2011, 08:16
most of us are proud to be :Britain: just not proud of our politicians :NoNo:

its ok to blame brown and blair but just look further back and blame thatcher the milk snatcher, they are all the same :doh

KeithD
11th May 2011, 09:29
We are over £800 Billion in debt, that works out at around £15,000 for each adult in the UK. Those who don't agree with the cuts, I hope you'll be paying back your share straight away so we don't need cuts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The NHS has wasted £Billions over the last decade and needs to be totally reorganised, and the fact that the government is in consultation with all concerned is a good thing. Labour never stopped to do such things.... anyway, I get free prescriptions in Wales :action-smiley-081: :D

bornatbirth
11th May 2011, 10:01
I get free prescriptions in Wales :action-smiley-081: :D

maybe you could start paying back your £15,000 and start paying for yor prescriptions :icon_lol:

joebloggs
11th May 2011, 11:04
maybe you could start paying back your £15,000 and start paying for yor prescriptions :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
yes scouser keith i hope you've paid your £15k and for your prescriptions to :D

well i'm sure when your local trust or private companies start importing meds from dodgy companies to save money you dont go :Cuckoo:

how can a private company do a job/employ some one, i take it their not a charity and are out to make a profit, be cheaper than the trust employing someone directly ?? :crazy:
:rolleyes: unless they pay them less, or cur corners, you pay peanuts you get monkeys :D

KeithD
11th May 2011, 11:41
How many of you have read the proposed NHS legislation? None I bet. You're going by media reports. If you read the summary you'll see it's a long list of changes with the vast majority very good. It's just the odd one the media is hyping up, and yet those are in consultation and possibly will never happen.

les_taxi
11th May 2011, 12:46
A nurse I picked up recently:D explained that there were too many admin staff and not enough ground staff-they got the money but spent it foolishly:NoNo:

joebloggs
11th May 2011, 13:26
A nurse I picked up recently:D explained that there were too many admin staff and not enough ground staff-they got the money but spent it foolishly:NoNo:

yes you should have told her to save money and get a bus les :doh

:xxparty-smiley-004:

i'm joking :D

what admin staff ??? where are they :Erm:

my wife worked in our NHS local trust for 5yrs, the manager didn't have admin staff, he was th manager for heamatology, health and safety officer as well other roles :crazy::Cuckoo:

joebloggs
11th May 2011, 13:30
How many of you have read the proposed NHS legislation? None I bet. You're going by media reports. If you read the summary you'll see it's a long list of changes with the vast majority very good. It's just the odd one the media is hyping up, and yet those are in consultation and possibly will never happen.

not media reports, facts from my misses, the department had to offer the work out they did to private companies :crazy::Cuckoo:

camerons gone back on other things he said and dumped some of his :crazy: ideas

Arthur Little
11th May 2011, 13:31
Cost me 30p to take a leak at Liverpool Street station the other day, put me off my ability to pass water :icon_lol:

Yes ... hellish that folk should "NEED" to "cough up" 30p for one pee :piss2: ain't it!

Arthur Little
11th May 2011, 13:51
Yes ... hellish that folk should "NEED" to "cough up" 30p for one pee :piss2: ain't it!

Water rates being what they are, we're in the invidious position of having to pay for our intake ... and then being charged again for our output! :doh

mickcant
11th May 2011, 14:01
Water rates being what they are, we're in the invidious position of having to pay for our intake ... and then being charged again for our output! :doh

And we pay more for the output as we have to pay "them" to remove Gods gift of water (rain):doh
Mick.:)

Arthur Little
11th May 2011, 14:03
Maybe it's ALL being recycled ... :cwm24:

KeithD
11th May 2011, 15:49
I refused to pay P20 for a pee in Manila :laugher:

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 15:51
Very sad to see that the disabled are going to be affected by these cuts :angry: Of all the places to recoup the money, and they go after the weak and vulnerable :doh Tw:censored:ts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/joepublic/2011/may/11/disabled-people-hardest-hit-march-in-london

Dedworth
11th May 2011, 16:03
Very sad to see that the disabled are going to be affected by these cuts :angry: Of all the places to recoup the money, and they go after the weak and vulnerable :doh Tw:censored:ts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/joepublic/2011/may/11/disabled-people-hardest-hit-march-in-london

Just like BBC don't take everything in the Daily Handwringer as being gospel :D

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 16:15
Just like BBC don't take everything in the Daily Handwringer as being gospel :D

eh :Erm: What isn't true about this story?

Dedworth
11th May 2011, 16:22
eh :Erm: What isn't true about this story?

As you appear to do with the Daily Hate Mail I take articles in the Handwringer with a very large pinch of salt

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 16:33
So there is no march going on at the moment :Erm: 3.5 million disabled people won't lose 9 billion quid over the next 5 years :Erm:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disabled-people-to-lose-1639bn-from-cuts-2101827.html

Half the nonsense in the Mail beggers belief at times. Todays headlines, top of the page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1385818/Katie-Price-goes-make-free-looking-pretty-fresh-faced-war-paint.html

God :Help1: us all if that's important news :bigcry:

KeithD
11th May 2011, 16:36

Which bit isn't true? Most of it... although that depends on how you class the disabled.... Do we pay every disabled person benefits so they don't need to work, or do we pay the disabled people who need additional money to be cared for and to lead as normal a life as possible? I go for the latter, as a lot of what is classed as disabled these days is a joke. Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc. I live with a chronic disability and yet I never have a spare second in my life to sit around doing nothing. Two of my good mates (sadly both passed away now) worked all their lives and yet spent 100% of life in a wheelchair.

The changes are to stop people taking the pee and earn some money themselves. The serious disabled will not be losing any money.

Motability is big business for car builders, and yet I know people on the scheme with as close to sod all wrong with them as you can get.

The previous government tiptoed around this subject and just let the numbers build up. What do we have now? 2 Million on the sick!!! WHAT!!!!

Doc Alan
11th May 2011, 16:38
How many of you have read the proposed NHS legislation? None I bet.
At 367 pages, one of the biggest pieces of health legislation ever published, I doubt many MP's have read, let alone understood, it. The Bill applies to England. The Report Stage has been delayed for two months for a public exercise to "pause, listen, reflect , and improve" before reaching its final stages in parliament in June. Two days ago the Royal College of General Practitioners wrote to David Cameron listing "changes that must be made to the Health Bill to protect the principles of the NHS" - the latest in advice given from all healthcare professions.
As a member with some expertise I read and discuss health issues widely before posting on this forum. What I say is evidence - informed. I have an interest in health in all parts of the UK and the Philippines, not just England, where I now live. This thread claims David Cameron has broken a pledge to support family values, now there are posts with opinions on the Health Bill for England ! "The Lancet" for 16 April 2011 in a leading article on NHS reforms asks :- "Stop. Look. Listen" . There's reason to hope this government is taking that advice ; let's wait and see. That's my informed opinion.
Congratulations to Rayna for being brave enough to present a lone perspective from the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3: It's hard to find (just like mine) among all the other posts.

KeithD
11th May 2011, 16:39
That's why you read the summary :) ... they need to put it in baby talk so the MP's can understand it :icon_lol:

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 16:43
Totally agree with Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc being classed as illnesses. Are people really claiming sickness benefit for being drug addicts?? Unbelievable :doh

A lot of people should be encouraged back to work, but are there actually enough jobs to go around. Friend of mine recently applied for a job, and the employer told him he was just one of almost 200 who applied.

les_taxi
11th May 2011, 16:58
Here in Harrogate we are paying for some alcoholics to have a "beer allowance" this is totally true:cwm23:
Some of the disabled people in Harrogate are loaded so why do they get free parking etc,etc should be means tested.
Pay people who really need it but don't just give money out willy nilly another hangover from Labour I'm afraid:NoNo:

Dedworth
11th May 2011, 17:07
So there is no march going on at the moment :Erm: 3.5 million disabled people won't lose 9 billion quid over the next 5 years :Erm:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disabled-people-to-lose-1639bn-from-cuts-2101827.html

Half the nonsense in the Mail beggers belief at times. Todays headlines, top of the page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1385818/Katie-Price-goes-make-free-looking-pretty-fresh-faced-war-paint.html

God :Help1: us all if that's important news :bigcry:

Did this story happen to appear in The Handwringer ? I doubt it

Disability cheats caught cleaning out their stud farm

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3454693/Disability-cheats-caught-cleaning-out-their-stud-farm.html#ixzz1M3oQExmr

There would be less need to make cutbacks if the system was robust enough to weed out vermin like this pair of scumbags

les_taxi
11th May 2011, 17:11
A forfeit of all property,goods and wealth would be a good idea for anyone seriously taking thousands of £sssss out of the system:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th May 2011, 17:14
Totally agree with Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc being classed as illnesses. Are people really claiming sickness benefit for being drug addicts?? Unbelievable :doh

If you'd watched Jeremy Kyle this morning someone was on incapacity because he smoked 25 spliffs a day so couldn't work :Erm: :crazy:

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 17:24

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3454693/Disability-cheats-caught-cleaning-out-their-stud-farm.html#ixzz1M3oQExmr

There would be less need to make cutbacks if the system was robust enough to weed out vermin like this pair of scumbags

You'll have to explain to me what the Handwringer is :Erm: I've had a good look online and can't find any reference to a newspaper being known by that name. And I'm not sticking up for benefit cheats here. The pictures of those protesting in London clearly have serious disabilities, and they shouldn't lose out when so much money's being squandered elsewhere.

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 17:28
If you'd watched Jeremy Kyle this morning someone was on incapacity because he smoked 25 spliffs a day so couldn't work :Erm: :crazy:

You mean he's suffering from some mental illness due to his weed smoking, or he's actually declared he's not fit for work because he's permanently stoned? And beer allowances :Erm: Is this stuff for real, or are you guys just exagerrating? I haven't been back for awhile so wouldn't know.

Dedworth
11th May 2011, 17:46
You'll have to explain to me what the Handwringer is :Erm: I've had a good look online and can't find any reference to a newspaper being known by that name. And I'm not sticking up for benefit cheats here. The pictures of those protesting in London clearly have serious disabilities, and they shouldn't lose out when so much money's being squandered elsewhere.

The Guardian aka Daily Handwringer

The leadswingers are hardly going to come out and be photographed demonstrating are they ? Too busy on the Golf Course or mucking out the stables. Have a look at this BBC "Saints and Scroungers"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mksmFEU6g&feature=related

Currently on BBC I Player more benefit cheats and an illegal immigrant who ripped off the NHS for £270000 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xc644/Saints_and_Scroungers_Series_2_Larbi_Pact_Harlow/

Walaytawo
11th May 2011, 17:57
Seen a lot of these type stories, specifically remember a guy who was on incapacity benefit and was filmed playing sunday league football :doh

Arthur Little
11th May 2011, 19:18

A COUPLE on disability benefits who claimed they could barely walk were filmed mucking out their stud farm.

Nicolas and Mair Arnold, both 57, pocketed £6,000 in care and mobility allowance after stating they were housebound.

Nicolas wrote on claim forms that "words could not describe" how tough his life was.

Mair :rolleyes: ... *sounds an appropriate moni(c)ker for a woman running a stud farm. Husband, Nicolas apparently impotent, too!! [Again *phonetically speaking] I'll say "neigh" mair! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
11th May 2011, 19:29

:anerikke: ... least they got tagged after being collared!

les_taxi
11th May 2011, 21:24
You mean he's suffering from some mental illness due to his weed smoking, or he's actually declared he's not fit for work because he's permanently stoned? And beer allowances :Erm: Is this stuff for real, or are you guys just exagerrating? I haven't been back for awhile so wouldn't know.

Yes alcohol allowances are real:)

Pete/London
12th May 2011, 01:32

Fancy having the nerve to admit that:yikes:
do you really watch Jeremy Kyle or do you just put the tv on for background noise:rolleyes:

KeithD
12th May 2011, 09:01
do you really watch Jeremy Kyle or do you just put the tv on for background noise:rolleyes:

Usuaully the latter if I can't be bothered putting a music DVD on :)

grahamw48
12th May 2011, 13:48
When drunken violent and/or abusive louts are being transported to hospital at great expense to the tax payer every night of the week throughout the UK, is it surprising that there isn't enough NHS money to go to the genuinely needy ? :cwm23:

If any form of privatisation is needed in the NHS right now it is in the area of 'patient' transportation and A and E costs.

ALL non-emergency transport not ACCIDENT-related should be billed to the recipient.

Costs related to excessive alcohol consumption...transport and treatment (breathalyse) ....payable immediately.

Time to toughen up on irresponsible idiots, timewasters and parasites.

Will anyone in our govt. have the guts to do it ? NO. :NoNo:

Dedworth
12th May 2011, 14:32
When drunken violent and/or abusive louts are being transported to hospital at great expense to the tax payer every night of the week throughout the UK, is it surprising that there isn't enough NHS money to go to the genuinely needy ? :cwm23:

If any form of privatisation is needed in the NHS right now it is in the area of 'patient' transportation and A and E costs.

ALL non-emergency transport not ACCIDENT-related should be billed to the recipient.

Costs related to excessive alcohol consumption...transport and treatment (breathalyse) ....payable immediately.

Time to toughen up on irresponsible idiots, timewasters and parasites.

Will anyone in our govt. have the guts to do it ? NO. :NoNo:

Valid points Graham the Nanny State needs abolishing

KeithD
12th May 2011, 15:15

That used to include me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
12th May 2011, 16:25
the genuinely needy ? :cwm23:

:rolleyes: ... me for instance? Cap in hand ... :Help1:!

Doc Alan
12th May 2011, 20:57
Health concerns us all, that's why there is a "Health Issues" section, and everyone no doubt feels they have a right to an opinion on how a nation's health service should be run. David Cameron has a so-called "listening" panel, the NHS Future Forum, although there's a lack of information on local meetings to allow people to "engage" with the forum. But members can be absolutely sure that all health specialties are making their informed opinions known.
Good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth. How envious our friends from the Philippines must be, when UK healthcare is essentially free at the point of delivery, funded centrally from taxation. Attempting to selectively charge people - over and above taxation - would be a bureaucratic nightmare, even if they could afford it, requiring more, not less managers. Doctors would be struck off by the GMC if they tried refusing treatment because a patient was a smoker, or ate or drank to excess. There are few conditions which are not the result of "lifestyle choices" - it's not for us to make judgements on how responsible they may or may not have been. What is certain, however, is that no health service can cope with current levels of alcohol abuse, smoking, and obesity. This can't easily be provided through competition because some patients are more complicated and expensive than others. Competition drives down cost and also quality. Private companies will cherry-pick the easiest and most profitable procedures. Privatisation of patient transport and Accident and Emergency are thus non-starters. The NHS pools everyone's risk and money, and the rich pay for the poor. This provides a decent, but occasionally bad, service, which needs to be improved and made more efficient.
I have no idea who, apart from myself, has read the proposed NHS reforms. But it seems to me that handing commissioning to GP consortia, while not a quick fix, is the right way forward. NICE ( National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence ) will set the quality standards to guide the GP's. The standards then have to be audited. That takes time. It will take less time to know whether or not David Cameron has listened to the NHS Future Forum. Sadly he won't read opinions on this forum. But members who don't live in England are also more interested in information on matters concerning them. I certainly didn't join to be drawn into debates on the NHS. Advice on health is a different issue altogether, gladly given :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

grahamw48
12th May 2011, 21:04
Thanks for your comments.

I'm sure more are welcome from other taxpayers. :)