PDA

View Full Version : Filipino looking for a live in caregiver job in the UK

Yaron K
7th May 2011, 10:17
Hi,
My name is Yaron and I trying to help the caregiver of my grandmother (now in Israel) to find a job in the UK. She is very experianced and very kind.

She wants to move in a few months, when her Visa in Israel will expire, and work in the UK. Leagaly off curse.

Can you please direct me to the relevant agencies or forum where I can locate more information.

Thanks,
Yaron.

Terpe
7th May 2011, 11:24
Hi,
My name is Yaron and I trying to help the caregiver of my grandmother (now in Israel) to find a job in the UK. She is very experianced and very kind.

She wants to move in a few months, when her Visa in Israel will expire, and work in the UK. Leagaly off curse.

Can you please direct me to the relevant agencies or forum where I can locate more information.

Thanks,
Yaron.

Hi there Yaron, welcome here.

Your first step should be here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/

If you eventually decide to use an agency please be very cautious. Whatever the agency will say, you MUST comply with UKBA regulations. Never pay any money for visa's.

You don't mention the nationality of the caregiver (I guess from Philippines) but if from outside of the EU then I'm sorry to say that the chances of securing employment will be extremely slim.
Again please don't believe any agency that tells you they can secure work permit or sponsorship. All employers have to jump through many hoops to gain a sponsorship status for non-EU and prove in detail that they find it impossible to recruit with EU.

Good luck and please read the UKBA link provided.

Lancashirelad
8th May 2011, 03:46
Hi

Good advice above there are MANY scammers will say they can offer jobs in the UK and will show contracts ect, but often they want money for fake processing, visa, upfront fees its a Scam and they steal your money.

None skilled workers from outside the Europe have very little or no chance of a work visa for the UK.
Work visas are allocated on a points system only for skilled workers with limited places available. see the link in the above post to the home office web site.

Yaron K
10th May 2011, 23:17
Thank you both for the advice!

Terpe, yes, she is from the Philippines.

Yaron.