PDA

View Full Version : criminal convictions.

gah73
21st April 2007, 22:33
help!!! I am getting married in july and want to apply for a spouse visa soon after. The problem is i have criminal convictions from my past. I am worried that it might be impossible to get a visa because of these. The convictions date back maybe 8 or 10 years and were just minor offences such as public order and petty theft. I would appreciate any sound advice anyone might have. I will be praying its good news.

thanks.

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 22:55
you sure your not a real scouser :D

from what i remember none of the forms i've filled in ask if the sponsor has a criminal record,but they do ask if the applicant has any convictions, committed any war crimes and is a terrorist :omg:

andypaul
21st April 2007, 23:43
Like joe says on the visa form they dont ask much of us sponsers. As long as they are minor offences i doubt the embassy will be concerned even if they are aware of them.

They are like joe said more worried about the applicant being a terriost or war crimnal and if you can make sure they dont become a burden on public funds.

Even if an applicant had minor crminal record a long time ago in the past i doubt it would stop them applying and suceeding.

KeithD
22nd April 2007, 10:00
Doesn't really matter anyway.....the US let in South Koreans with clean records :yikes:

gah73
22nd April 2007, 21:50
thanks for the info. Its boss news.