PDA

View Full Version : hiiiiiiiii everyone!!

gah73
21st April 2007, 22:12
hi to everyone, i'm george. Wow this site looks great. I suppose i had better introduce myself. Well i'm 33 years old and i am foster uncle to my 10 year old neice who i have been looking after for the last 7 years. I met an amazing girl in january, her name is rose and she is from surigao. I am visiting her for 1 month in july and during that month we are to meet for the first time, get engaged and married too, lol. Yes it sounds crazy but you just know when you meet the right person. She told me about this site and said its good for all types of advice. I have lived in liverpool for the last 4 years i am originally from hereford. I would love to hear from anyone in the northwest area, your experiences good or bad and any advice on visa applications. I hope in time i can give advice to people who are new to all this like i am. Is applying for visas as complicated as it seems? i hope not.

bye for now.

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 22:45
a pseudo scouser :omg: keith you have a pen-pal :icon_lol:
well your not a real scouser so you should be ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

crazy, only crazy to those who not been there ..:Erm:

my wife is from Surigao del Sur.

and iam in sunny salford, not far from the trafford centre, in the great city of manchester :icon_lol:

tiger@tigress
22nd April 2007, 00:28
hi to everyone, i'm george. Wow this site looks great. I suppose i had better introduce myself. Well i'm 33 years old and i am foster uncle to my 10 year old neice who i have been looking after for the last 7 years. I met an amazing girl in january, her name is rose and she is from surigao. I am visiting her for 1 month in july and during that month we are to meet for the first time, get engaged and married too, lol. Yes it sounds crazy but you just know when you meet the right person. She told me about this site and said its good for all types of advice. I have lived in liverpool for the last 4 years i am originally from hereford. I would love to hear from anyone in the northwest area, your experiences good or bad and any advice on visa applications. I hope in time i can give advice to people who are new to all this like i am. Is applying for visas as complicated as it seems? i hope not.
bye for now.
:Hellooo: Welcome Welcome :Hellooo:

KeithD
22nd April 2007, 09:59
If your wondering what the smell is in Liverpool.....you'll find it only appears when the wind comes from Mancland :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mach
23rd April 2007, 07:18
maBuhaY geoRge & weLcome :Hellooo:

gingxrick
23rd April 2007, 09:35
Wellcome George,hope you have a great time reading through the forum, any questions you need answering just ask and if we can help you in anyway we will. Ging and ricky take care and god bless.

Mich
23rd April 2007, 11:50
welcome to the forum george! wish you all the luck. :)

klsl_forever
24th April 2007, 00:48
Welcome George. I've not been to Surigao City but have girlfriend in Surigao Del Sur. Lots of friendly people there so if you're staying there you should have a top top time:xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
24th April 2007, 01:01
:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

joebloggs
24th April 2007, 10:35
Welcome George. I've not been to Surigao City but have girlfriend in Surigao Del Sur. Lots of friendly people there so if you're staying there you should have a top top time:xxgrinning--00xx3:

my wife was born in Surigao Del Sur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i've never been, dont think its safe to go now :NoNo:

KeithD
24th April 2007, 11:01
I think you're confusing it with Manchester :xxgrinning--00xx3:

klsl_forever
24th April 2007, 12:11
my wife was born in Surigao Del Sur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i've never been, dont think its safe to go now :NoNo:

Should be safer by July once the elections are out the way, provided George doesn't upset the NPA's :D

Seriously Joe, North-East Mindanao aint too bad as I'm sure your wife would testify:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
24th April 2007, 13:27
welcome and welcome george

joebloggs
24th April 2007, 13:56
Should be safer by July once the elections are out the way, provided George doesn't upset the NPA's :D

Seriously Joe, North-East Mindanao aint too bad as I'm sure your wife would testify:xxgrinning--00xx3:

my wife wouldnt let me go to some parts of manila :omg: never mind the south :NoNo:

scouser keith, maybe i did get manchester mixed up with Surigao Del Sur , but ive never mixed up liverpud land with being a :D place to live. even you know that welsh boyo :icon_lol:

baboyako
24th April 2007, 14:13
my wife wouldnt let me go to some parts of manila :omg: never mind the south :NoNo:

yea & lots of gay bars that she didn't want you going too :laugher::Rasp:

KeithD
24th April 2007, 14:35
The headquarters is in Manchester.......why do you think they call it 'Strange Ways'? :cwm38: :cwm38: :cwm38:

joebloggs
24th April 2007, 16:25

yes might see you there baboyako and keith there :action-smiley-081: :yikes:

you seem to know alot about these bars :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella
24th April 2007, 16:29
WELCOME!!! Same as my "asawa's" name...Iain George Findlay MacDonald!!!

Goodluck!!!

Louella

gah73
25th April 2007, 12:48
i think i will just trust my girlfriend. she says surigao is very safe. southern mindanao is the place to avoid. could it really be any worse than manchester or liverpool? Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"? Roll on july pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

gah73
25th April 2007, 12:56
As i might have mentioned b4 i am getting married in july. Would i get more for my money buying an engagement ring and 2 wedding rings in manila instead of here in the uk? My budget is limited but i obviously want to buy the nicest engagement ring i can.

joebloggs
25th April 2007, 13:32
i think i will just trust my girlfriend. she says surigao is very safe. southern mindanao is the place to avoid. could it really be any worse than manchester or liverpool? Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"? Roll on july pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

cheeky, could it be worse than manchester, :omg: , yes liverpud land is worse than southern mindanao :xxgrinning--00xx3: , at least at the airport in mindanao they count the foreigners off and back on the plane when they leave, make sure none are missing :Erm: , they dont do that in liverpud land :icon_lol:

Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"?
i can tell you never been to pinoyland b4, i never get use to seeing the poor little kids sent out to try and sell stuff on the streets and at petrol stations. many parts of the philiipines are in poverty, a beautiful country thou, when you come back to the uk, you realise how good we have it here. :rolleyes:

john sergison
25th April 2007, 15:26
welcome mate

i am in your area and my girl got here in january.
she loves it here
there are some complications in visa application but usually from philippines side.
if you want a chat send me your contact details

regards john

KeithD
25th April 2007, 16:51
Manchester airport have pound coins glued to the floor in immigration....when an immigrant bends over to pick it up :action-smiley-081: :Sex: ....Mr Manc the customs man....gives you an internal for free :D

gah73
25th April 2007, 20:48
where abouts are you john? i would love to chat sometime. My yahoo id is mancs@liverpool

gah73
25th April 2007, 20:55
you're right, we do have it easy here. actually my plan is to move to the phils when my neice goes to university in the future. If i could i would move there tomorrow. Is it just me or has anyone else had enough of the uk?

andypaul
25th April 2007, 20:56
where abouts are you john? i would love to chat sometime. My yahoo id is

Be careful putting your email addy on this site or any others come to think of it you might get spamed to death:omg:

andypaul
25th April 2007, 21:00
you're right, we do have it easy here. actually my plan is to move to the phils when my neice goes to university in the future. If i could i would move there tomorrow. Is it just me or has anyone else had enough of the uk?

Is it a case of the grass is greener?

In phill at least half of the population would swap places with me or you if they could.

Like the people who go to spain or aus, always seems good at first but many come back for one reason or another.

Me personally if i won the pools i would halve my time between the two countries have the best of both worlds but avoid as much as possible the problems in the two countries.

gah73
25th April 2007, 21:02
oooooooooopsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

gah73
25th April 2007, 21:13
i just want a simple life. keeping up with the neighbours doesn't interest me. It shocks me how expensive the uk is getting. The main problem for me though is how unfriendly it has become here. Most people wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

klsl_forever
25th April 2007, 21:35
i just want a simple life. keeping up with the neighbours doesn't interest me. It shocks me how expensive the uk is getting. The main problem for me though is how unfriendly it has become here. Most people wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

I'm with andypaul on this one. In the ideal world I'd divide my time equally between UK and Phils.

Like yourself I'm p'd off with most things Britain but after just one visit to the Philippines it's not difficult to understand the everyday difficulties of living there. It's certainly no picnic, especially if you're already on a limited budget as one of your earlier posts suggested.

Have you been to Philippines before?

joebloggs
26th April 2007, 10:45

oh as soon as ive paid me debts off and saved some :REGamblMoney01HL1: , me, wife and kids will be in pinoyland for good, but iam looking at maybe 10yrs time :icon_lol: :doh

gah73
26th April 2007, 19:28
july will be my first visit. I am on limited budget for the wedding and stuff but our plan is to live here, work and save for 6 or 7 years then move to phils with enough money to live comfortable on. Plans sometimes change but i hope we make it happen.

andypaul
26th April 2007, 19:41
july will be my first visit. I am on limited budget for the wedding and stuff but our plan is to live here, work and save for 6 or 7 years then move to phils with enough money to live comfortable on. Plans sometimes change but i hope we make it happen.

Exactly everyone needs dreams and targets in life hope yours work out for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But you may find your Wife has differnt ideas, my Wife loves UK life the queit and beauty of the british countryside, london and the hustle bustle.

She stills loves going home to phill, but like me wants the best of both worlds.

gah73
26th April 2007, 20:13
Yeah, i have to expect that too. Maybe my gf will love the uk. I'm sure we'll be happy wherever we live. I enquired about flight prices today and just my luck, i am travelling just after it goes into high season. I was getting rediculous prices. Do you have any advice on the cheaper airlines or websites. The cheapest price i got travelling on the 19th july was £679 i hope to get it for between £500-600.

baboyako
26th April 2007, 20:18
don't forget that tickets are 40quid more due to the :furious3: 'green tax' that I'm sure is getting spent on planting trees :rolleyes: by the government.

plus the 3% inflation :NoNo: so thats 60quid more than last year already :bigcry:

andypaul
26th April 2007, 20:32
Yeah, i have to expect that too. Maybe my gf will love the uk. I'm sure we'll be happy wherever we live. I enquired about flight prices today and just my luck, i am travelling just after it goes into high season. I was getting rediculous prices. Do you have any advice on the cheaper airlines or websites. The cheapest price i got travelling on the 19th july was £679 i hope to get it for between £500-600.

I have found expedia, opdo and other internet search engines give you most of the cheapest filghts.

A mate looked everywhere for filghts and ended up on one of the big websites as they block book the tickets and often cheaper than the airline and bucket shops.

baboyako
26th April 2007, 21:47
http://www.cheapestflights.co.uk

584 on gulfair for 19/7

gah73
26th April 2007, 22:39
wow, thanks guys. between £500 and 600 is the sort of price i was hoping for. I don't think you'll fly for much cheaper than that in july.

walesrob
26th April 2007, 22:46
http://www.cheapestflights.co.uk

584 on gulfair for 19/7

Elsa and I are off to the land of Airport Terminal Fees and evil Manila Taxi Drivers in the next few weeks (Elsa next week, me mid-May). After much searching, I managed to put together a decent priced package for a total of £450 return. I'll fly Oasis HongKong, Gatwick - Hong Kong, for £375, then Cebu Pacific HK to Manila for £82. Only downside to this route is Gatwick - a 4 hour drive for me, then on arrival at HK, I will need to clear passport control, reclaim baggage, then back in to departures for the flight to Manila, but its an adventure innit. I've left a good 4 hours inbetween each connection, so hopefully all will go as planned :Erm:

I think if you can book way ahead, prices are cheaper, leave it late like we did, prices go up daily. I'm looking forward to flying OasisHK, should be interesting flight on what is essentially a low cost carrier on a long haul route.

joebloggs
27th April 2007, 13:40
looks like the days of cheap flights are gone, cheapest i ever got was £390 return on air france from manchester , but that must have been 4 or 5 years ago,,

:bigcry:

robs idea of flying to HK maybe the only cheaper way left.

klsl_forever
27th April 2007, 18:53
These are offering reasonable prices.

http://www.pic-uk.com/en/

andypaul
27th April 2007, 19:30
Although robs looks the cheapest i heard of remeber the transport fees to and from gatwick they can cost as much as what your saving.
also if its your first filght over there and though hk airport maybe worth just transiting though i bet rob knows hk airport like the back of his hand. if you dont it maybe better to take the easier option as your have loads going though your mind about your big meeting trust me.

But maybe me and the missus might try that option next time if prices keep rising as they do grrrr

walesrob
27th April 2007, 19:40
Although robs looks the cheapest i heard of remeber the transport fees to and from gatwick they can cost as much as what your saving.
also if its your first filght over there and though hk airport maybe worth just transiting though i bet rob knows hk airport like the back of his hand. if you dont it maybe better to take the easier option as your have loads going though your mind about your big meeting trust me.

But maybe me and the missus might try that option next time if prices keep rising as they do grrrr

Andy when I checked there were still plenty of £75 one-ways with Oasis, but not on the dates I wanted. Mind you, its £75, but add tax, fuel tax, gordon tax, it works out about £160 each way, still cheap though.

pennybarry
1st May 2007, 17:08
Welcome to Philippines and GOODLUCK!