PDA

View Full Version : more immigration scare stories

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 11:54
well it seems nearly everyday now there is a story on the news or in the news papers about immigration.

the latest news article from the bbc and in some newspapers is

'Migration 'tipping point reached'

Immigration may threaten the UK's status as a nation, Civitas says
Immigration could lead to the political break-up of Britain, according to right-wing think-tank Civitas.
A pamphlet by the group suggests that Britain may have reached a "tipping point" beyond which it could no longer be seen as a single nation.

Shadow home secretary David Davis has called on the government to put a cap on those coming to the UK.

The Home Office said it had already announced a tough new points system aimed at immigrants.

The Civitas pamphlet - A Nation of Immigrants? - said the "seemingly reckless pace and scale" of immigration was bound to cause concern for people who saw the UK as a model of tolerance and freedom. '

the rest of the article is here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6577625.stm

the thing that worries me, is what i've said in other posts, that immigration watch groups have said that if we cannot stop europeans coming to the uk, we will have to stop people coming from outside europe to the uk.

well raising the age of a spouse visa to 21, and talk of making people sit an english test before they can come to the uk sounds to me like the start of making it more difficult or a longer proccess for those outside europe to come into the uk.

i think ive read somewhere that the limit of 20,000 bulgarians and romanians a year can only be enforced for 7 yrs, after that there are no restrictions on them coming to the uk.

if it is going to be more difficult to bring your wife or husband to the uk, then i think its totally unfair on those who marry a partner from outside europe, and go thru the long, expensive visa process, while europeans dont need to show bank statements, pay slips and if where they will be living is large enough. i think it should be a legal right to bring your partner here without all this visa process and waiting 2 years for a spouse visa then ILR for a year.

walesrob, just been to yours and my fav super market, and the one at mine even has a sign up saying 'polish section' :omg:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

walesrob
21st April 2007, 13:05
walesrob, just been to yours and my fav super market, and the one at mine even has a sign up saying 'polish section' :omg:

Not my fave supermarket, just its the only supermarket in town :Rasp:

Ah yes Polish section, where you will find Mr Sheen, bleach and dishwasher tablets. ooer :cwm24: To be fair though we have a Polish worker there and she works hard, never complains.

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 13:25

good you got that in b4 keith.
oh iam not knocking polish workers, they work just has hard as the rest of us.

just made me :D to see that the supermarket has a little section for them :D

oh and where i work, a polish guy will be coming back to work with us on monday, he had to go back to do 1yr national service.

as for the polish gal never complaining, maybe she thinks she will get sacked, needs the money and not able to claim benefits, her english isnt good enough :Erm: , unions have fought years for workers rights, and just becuase she dont complain and works hard , that an employer will not exploit her. or any worker. ive had jobs were i've worked hard for years, never took a day of sick, but end of day employer took the :censored: out of us.

chazz1018
27th July 2007, 19:59
On The Paper Daily Express Saturday, I Ead An Article, About The 2 Million Of Europian Influx In The Uk Mostly Are Poles,after 6 Months Regestering In The Ni, They Come And Claim Benifit, Can The Uk Govt Not See That?????its The Europian People Whose Causing This Troubles Not Us Filipinos Bec, We Are A Lwa Abiding Citizen, Wont Go And Collect Or Claim Benifit, As We Are Hardworking People That Loves To Earn Money Thats Why We Are Here, Not To Sit Down Doing Nothing.

joebloggs
28th July 2007, 15:08
to claim benefits they have to work in the uk a year, funny thing is thou, my wife who was on a spouse visa, was and still is working for the nhs, she could not claim the same benefits unless she had ILR and so had to be in the uk 2 years, nevermind being married to a brit for 5 years, and having paid £1000s in visa fees :NoNo:

i saw a bbc news report that 16,000 poles had claimed benefits after working 1 year in the uk, many of the jobs they do pay cash in hand and are low paid, so some claim benefits to :NoNo:

i work with a polish guy who claims child benefit and tax creds, and someone told me his child is not even in the uk :icon_lol:

andypaul
28th July 2007, 20:42
On The Paper Daily Express Saturday, I Ead An Article, About The 2 Million Of Europian Influx In The Uk Mostly Are Poles,after 6 Months Regestering In The Ni, They Come And Claim Benifit, Can The Uk Govt Not See That?????its The Europian People Whose Causing This Troubles Not Us Filipinos Bec, We Are A Lwa Abiding Citizen, Wont Go And Collect Or Claim Benifit, As We Are Hardworking People That Loves To Earn Money Thats Why We Are Here, Not To Sit Down Doing Nothing.

Easy many poles and other european people (i guess many on here would be classed as european people) work hard and would feel shame to have to claim benefits.
Also before making sweeping statments i know of filipinos who once able also claims benefits.

Many of the poles here are just like the phills i have met at work grateful they get paid a decent wage with generally decent working condtions (laws and enviroment)

jimeve
29th July 2007, 00:34
well it seems nearly everyday now there is a story on the news or in the news papers about immigration.

the latest news article from the bbc and in some newspapers is

'Migration 'tipping point reached'

Immigration may threaten the UK's status as a nation, Civitas says
Immigration could lead to the political break-up of Britain, according to right-wing think-tank Civitas.
A pamphlet by the group suggests that Britain may have reached a "tipping point" beyond which it could no longer be seen as a single nation.

Shadow home secretary David Davis has called on the government to put a cap on those coming to the UK.

The Home Office said it had already announced a tough new points system aimed at immigrants.

The Civitas pamphlet - A Nation of Immigrants? - said the "seemingly reckless pace and scale" of immigration was bound to cause concern for people who saw the UK as a model of tolerance and freedom. '

the rest of the article is here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6577625.stm

the thing that worries me, is what i've said in other posts, that immigration watch groups have said that if we cannot stop europeans coming to the uk, we will have to stop people coming from outside europe to the uk.

well raising the age of a spouse visa to 21, and talk of making people sit an english test before they can come to the uk sounds to me like the start of making it more difficult or a longer proccess for those outside europe to come into the uk.

i think ive read somewhere that the limit of 20,000 bulgarians and romanians a year can only be enforced for 7 yrs, after that there are no restrictions on them coming to the uk.

if it is going to be more difficult to bring your wife or husband to the uk, then i think its totally unfair on those who marry a partner from outside europe, and go thru the long, expensive visa process, while europeans dont need to show bank statements, pay slips and if where they will be living is large enough. i think it should be a legal right to bring your partner here without all this visa process and waiting 2 years for a spouse visa then ILR for a year.

Since when has BRITAIN Been a single nation

walesrob
29th July 2007, 10:24
Since when has BRITAIN Been a single nation

Well, its called United Kingdom, and if you look at your passport, it says "British Citizen", so yes, it is single nation, with a big mixture of colours, cultures and customs.:Erm:

KeithD
29th July 2007, 11:26
Not many Customs though, easy to smuggle drugs in :icon_lol:

aromulus
29th July 2007, 11:31
Not many Customs though, easy to smuggle drugs in :icon_lol:

Trust a scouser to think of that one....:D

joebloggs
30th July 2007, 13:40
Easy many poles and other european people (i guess many on here would be classed as european people) work hard and would feel shame to have to claim benefits.
Also before making sweeping statments i know of filipinos who once able also claims benefits.

Many of the poles here are just like the phills i have met at work grateful they get paid a decent wage with generally decent working condtions (laws and enviroment)

so andypaul, the polish workers you know get paid the same rates as your english workers? i know the polish guy i work with doesn't, he's on the lowest wage where i work. i'm sure some do get paid the same rate, but there are a number who are exploited by employers and i wonder what benefits english workers get from the polish gov :Erm: .. if you don't think there is a problem with europeans coming to the uk, take a visit to Slough, where 200 people were stopped in 1 hour, and asked where they were from, and 140 were not british, and if its not a problem why have they put a cap on the number of people who can come from bulgaria and romania into the uk?

anyway my moan, is that if a european can come freely to the uk and bring their family , then why do people born in britian have to play the expensive visa game, if europeans can do it, then it should be your legal right to bring your non european wife and family here.

moan over :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
16th December 2007, 08:13
Reading the BBC web page this morning,looks like there is going to be a £1000 deposit before you can sponsor a friend to come to the UK.Also more restrictions on bringing your own wife into the country,thats it now,ive had it with this country,just dont know what this government will think of next.

joebloggs
16th December 2007, 12:37
yes jonnijon , i started a new thread about it, i wonder what other changes are lined up for april :cwm24:

andypaul
16th December 2007, 13:28
so andypaul, the polish workers you know get paid the same rates as your english workers? i know the polish guy i work with doesn't, he's on the lowest wage where i work. i'm sure some do get paid the same rate, but there are a number who are exploited by employers and i wonder what benefits english workers get from the polish gov :Erm: .. if you don't think there is a problem with europeans coming to the uk, take a visit to Slough, where 200 people were stopped in 1 hour, and asked where they were from, and 140 were not british, and if its not a problem why have they put a cap on the number of people who can come from bulgaria and romania into the uk?

anyway my moan, is that if a european can come freely to the uk and bring their family , then why do people born in britian have to play the expensive visa game, if europeans can do it, then it should be your legal right to bring your non european wife and family here.

moan over :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The workers i know are paid the same ie minimum wage or basic shop rate if thats where they work. In my company the chaps are paid on the same grade.

I know Slough well i could ask a poll at Slough train Station, the bus centre just outside, the massive tescos next to that or the shopping centre at certain times and have the figures say high percentages of Skih pass though there, other times Muslim asians,africans, other times polish and other times White British. With a bit of reserach i could favour various grroups.
I See different ratios on the trains at different times due to work (the poles,africans, skihs and muslims allwork in various parts of london or in the opposite way from slough in various key locations which dictate the train they get on ,also catholic church, gurudwara and mosque festival times. Then the great British rush hour when all the Brit white appear straight from the house appear from the to Train and the reverse in the evening, the Wife comments on how she hardly sees brit whites in the street unless going to and from work, the anaswer we all hang upside down like vampires the rest of the time:D.

Who asked the poll? Ask any polling company to run you a poll and they will try to see what your trying to acheive and the questioning and the rules will change to ensure the results make the person paying happy so they use the same company again.

joebloggs
16th December 2007, 15:11
well i know the polish guy at my work is paid less than everyone else, i think if its a larger company then yes they would get paid the same as everyone else, but most of the companies i've worked for are small, and the pay is usually set by your manager or director, and obviously he will want to pay as little as possible.:NoNo:. a company we deal with, had taken on about 6 poles out of a work force of 12, of course the guy who owned it was paying them less than the others there, whats the advantage to him if he pays them the same ?? sure they might work harder, but balance this against them not speaking good english:Erm:, yes i know some do speak good english.. infact the 6 poles went back to poland, and never came back, he has 8 Slovakians working for him now... i wonder why ???

its funny that electrolux are shutting a plant in the uk, and opening one in poland, and due to the fact that many poles are in the uk now, the plant in poland are employing cheaper Albanian labour :Cuckoo:

aromulus
16th December 2007, 15:22
Well....

My job is as safe as I make it.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
And the company I work for does everything in the book to employ disabled people, gender variants, ethnics, etc.
But some cannot stand the pressure :NoNo:, some others find it hard working the unsociable hours :rolleyes:, and some just can't get to grips with dealing with alcohol sales....:D
But the worst ones are the ones that can't sell a bean because their level of English language skills are non-existent.

And those are the Brits.......:NoNo:

andypaul
16th December 2007, 18:58
well i know the polish guy at my work is paid less than everyone else, i think if its a larger company then yes they would get paid the same as everyone else, but most of the companies i've worked for are small, and the pay is usually set by your manager or director, and obviously he will want to pay as little as possible.:NoNo:. a company we deal with, had taken on about 6 poles out of a work force of 12, of course the guy who owned it was paying them less than the others there, whats the advantage to him if he pays them the same ?? sure they might work harder, but balance this against them not speaking good english:Erm:, yes i know some do speak good english.. infact the 6 poles went back to poland, and never came back, he has 8 Slovakians working for him now... i wonder why ???

its funny that electrolux are shutting a plant in the uk, and opening one in poland, and due to the fact that many poles are in the uk now, the plant in poland are employing cheaper Albanian labour :Cuckoo:

In phill the people i speak to seem to complain about chinese goods are making it hard for phill companies to compete. That workers from the provinces or abroad are coming in cutting wages or taking the jobs.

I think the wife said many of the workers in one tourist place we went to in phill were thais, indonesian, others chinese and the Indians and koreans taking over other things.

So happening every where i guess,