PDA

View Full Version : HI!!

meyn
3rd May 2011, 08:07
Im new here! does anyone know a specifc mall or shopping center where most filipinos go?? thanks! -- Meyn :)

meyn
3rd May 2011, 08:11
HI Im new here. can anybody recommend a shopping mall here in UK where a lot of filipinos go?? Thank you! I would love to meet them coz its sad being alone here and Im a full blooded filipino so it would be nice to meet them!:)

stevie c
3rd May 2011, 09:31
HIMeyn where are you located i presume in the UK there are many many shopping malls here in the UK so would be a good idea to tell members where you are located then I'm sure you will have many answers to your question.

By the way welcome to this friendly forum :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
3rd May 2011, 12:29
Im new here! does anyone know a specifc mall or shopping center where most filipinos go?? thanks! -- Meyn :)

HIMeyn where are you located i presume in the UK there are many many shopping malls here in the UK so would be a good idea to tell members where you are located then I'm sure you will have many answers to your question.

:yeahthat:, Meyn ... Stevie makes a very valid point, here! :welcomex:

philphil61
3rd May 2011, 16:31
Hi Meyn... welcome to the forum... you'll find many helpful people on here both UK and filipino who will offer advice and encouragement

It is very strange and lonely coming to a new country - I hope you will find local filipino friends soon... we could help but as previously stated we need to know where u r now?

grahamw48
3rd May 2011, 17:00
Hi Meyn.

I love shopping. :D

stevewool
3rd May 2011, 17:20
slow down graham, a yorkshire man likes shopping, seems more to this then meets the eye:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
3rd May 2011, 18:29
:Erm: Sorry...missed out 'window'. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Farmerg
3rd May 2011, 19:43
:Hellooo::Wave:

Terpe
3rd May 2011, 19:49

Hi there meyn, welcome here.
I think you'll probably find the shopping mall is not the place to find what you're looking for.
If you research more you'll find the best places.
In the meantime, why not plan your visit to Hounslow in July. You'll find about 20,000 no problem.
Good luck.

grahamw48
3rd May 2011, 23:34
Really ? :woohoo:

meyn
17th May 2011, 16:51
Hi thanks for all the replies and the warm welcome... Umm anywhere in London would be good. I heard there are a lot of Filipinos there. Which would you recommend. Im not yet in UK but we are plannning to go there. Thanks again friends.

Tawi2
17th May 2011, 18:14
does anyone know a specifc mall or shopping center where most filipinos go??

I heard there are a lot of Filipinos there
Your coming to the UK to frequent malls and areas where Pinays flock :Erm: Are you in Pinas now perchance :Erm:

Terpe
17th May 2011, 18:43
Hi thanks for all the replies and the warm welcome... Umm anywhere in London would be good. I heard there are a lot of Filipinos there. Which would you recommend. Im not yet in UK but we are plannning to go there. Thanks again friends.

:doh

Tawi2
17th May 2011, 19:04
I would love to meet them coz its sad being alone here and Im a full blooded filipino
Your not even here yet but already your lonely for pinoy company :Erm:

philphil61
17th May 2011, 20:01
lol I feel for her..... somehow she has travel plans to come to UK but we're still not sure exactly where she will be and all she mentions is London........ and wanting to meet other pinoy......

hmmmm am I thinking to much into this???

meyn
18th May 2011, 08:17
Your not even here yet but already your lonely for pinoy company
Haha..

sorry about that original post. now i read it again yeah it was weird. HAHAHA. Im not yet in UK but I am lonely.HAHAHA But to tell you the truth guys, I am doing research for UK so I said that. Sorry again. hehe. We are organizing a show for filipinos around the world. We would be bringing some filipino artist and it would be nice if you could suggest a place (preferrably a mall) where we can hold this event. It would be better if the place you would recommend has lots of filipinos around it, so they could come. THANK YOU!

meyn
18th May 2011, 08:25
HAHAHA. ooops sorry. now that I read it again yeah it was kinda weird. My bad sorry.

To tell you the truth guys, Im doing a reseach on filipinos in UK. OFWs.
We are about to organize an event internationally for filipinos and we are bringing in filipino celebrities.
One of our destinations is UK so I need to find out which place (preferably a mall) where we can hold the event. It would be good if the place would be where a lot of filipinos go because basically the event is for our filipino friends.Do you have any suggestions?

Its hard to look for info in the internet. so can you please help me? Thanks again. :p:D

grahamw48
18th May 2011, 10:01
Celebrities ? :Erm:

Can you please bring some of those HOT dancing girls from the Phils TV shows ?:D

Leave Imelda at home though. :icon_lol:

Terpe
18th May 2011, 10:09
You need to contact the Philippine Embassy.
Lots of reasons really, most of which you would already know as an events organiser.
But, importantly they can help with potential venues and licensing info.

Tawi2
18th May 2011, 13:09
Yeah please bring the Wowowee dancers :xxgrinning--00xx3: But leave the likes of "Mega-star":icon_lol: Sharon Cuneta in Pinas please,you appreciate her more than we ever could :icon_lol:

meyn
18th May 2011, 17:07
Haha. I cannot promise yet the celebrities who will come , we are still negotiating. We are still doing our research... Thanks for the advise about the embassy. Maybe we can contact some people from there but I still want to know directly from the people out there some suggestions. I hope you can help us by suggesting a good place. THANKS!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

meyn
19th May 2011, 07:27
hi guys. Thanks for the advice. but i dont know yet the possible celebrities who will come because its still in the negotiation process. The embassy is a good idea but I also want to hear from you guys. Where would you think it would be best to hold this events for pinoys. THANKS!!:icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
19th May 2011, 14:33
hello meyn welcome to the forum!!
mall..shoping center??I have met loads of pinoys in the outlet village
If you are organizing events for your artists and celebrities you can check the websites for uk-filipino associations where they held barrio fiestas etc