PDA

View Full Version : My application for settlement visa experience

Josieyam65
1st May 2011, 11:21
Hello everyone,

I just want to share my experience on my application for settlement visa.
Last March 23, i lodged my application at the vfs office Makati and on April 16, i received the decision that states that it was denied, because the ECO is not satisfied that we met the requirements of Paragraph 281 (iii). And it states that: each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner and the marriage or civil partnership is subsisting.

Me and my husband was so disappointed that time because we didnt expect it. Our documents were complete except the copies of his P45 and P60. He was unemployed for 18 months and he was receiving money from public fund thats why it was impossible for me to apply for a visa that time. He found a job after 18 months and started saving for months for the expenses for the visa and his bank account. Thats why it took time for me to apply.

We sent a letter of reconsideration last April 27 and on the 29th, the embassy called me that they overturned their decision!!! Yehaaa!!! And they asked me to send my passport to the ECM! We were soooo happy! We’ve been waiting for this for so long!

I just want to thank this forum. I’ve really learned a lot from here. And for those who answered all my queries... Salamat kaayo!!! And for the moderator, thank you so much. You’ve helped a lot of couples for making this site. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cessxy
1st May 2011, 11:23
Congrats Josie :):Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
1st May 2011, 11:26
well done to you both:)

alan/maleiya
1st May 2011, 12:14
Congrats or the appeal decision me and my wife gt the disappointment on the 19th April our solicitor here in the uk will finish our appeal no later on Wednesday did you give them much more proof in your appeal I've tried my best to add as much as I could I so hope they over turn my wifes refusal.... So happy for you with your life in the uk ..

alanmf1
1st May 2011, 13:10
Great news!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
1st May 2011, 13:12
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news josiey

and good luck alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rayjen
1st May 2011, 13:27
Congratulations on getting decision overturned. Hopefully alan/mal will also be succesfull. We submitted our application on 24 march & we still havn't heard anything. Hopefully this week.

stevie c
1st May 2011, 14:00
fantastic news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
1st May 2011, 14:28
@ cessxy, stevewool, alanmf1, joebloggs, steve c : Thank you

@ alan/maleiya : Thank you. My husband made a reconsideration letter and extra documents such as P45 and P60. And before that, he asked for advice from his local MP. Goodluck.

@ Rayjen : Thank you. And Goodluck on your application

Lancashirelad
2nd May 2011, 08:35
Congratulations to you both :)

madmitch537
3rd May 2011, 02:18
hey
always good to hear folks good news well done

grahamw48
3rd May 2011, 09:42
Very happy for you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd May 2011, 10:48
Hello everyone,

We sent a letter of reconsideration last April 27 and on the 29th, the embassy called me that they overturned their decision!!! Yehaaa!!! And they asked me to send my passport to the ECM! We were soooo happy! We’ve been waiting for this for so long!

Splendid news, Josiey ... we're delighted :BouncyHappy: for you and your husband, and wish the two of you all the very best for your
future together!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd May 2011, 11:19
And to Alan ... our very best wishes for a similar outcome with your wife's appeal. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd May 2011, 20:24
Josieyam65,
Congratulations to you both. Well done for a good job. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aryM
3rd May 2011, 23:38
Congratulations Josieyam65!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Felt nervous now with my visa application. will be lodging mine soon, Im just waiting for my ELT result. Do i need to submit the Sponsorship Undertaking form signed by my husband? I have 2 child dependants in my application.

alanp
4th May 2011, 05:43
Congratulations Josieyam65!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Felt nervous now with my visa application. will be lodging mine soon, Im just waiting for my ELT result. Do i need to submit the Sponsorship Undertaking form signed by my husband? I have 2 child dependants in my application.

I signed the sponsorship undertaking form for my fiancees daughter

Josieyam65
4th May 2011, 05:59
@ John_10, Lancashirelad, madmitch537, graham48, Arthur Little, Terpe: Thank you very much!

@aryM: Thank you and goodluck to your ELT result. In my case, i didnt submit the sponsorship undertaking,only the sponsor letter.

purple
4th May 2011, 06:09
congratulations Josie.. you and your husband deserve to be together.

Josieyam65
4th May 2011, 08:01
Thank you, purple

marlyn&kenny
4th May 2011, 11:33
congrats! and welcome to uk!!! wet and cold hehhee

Josieyam65
4th May 2011, 13:53
congrats! and welcome to uk!!! wet and cold hehhee

Thanks marlyn&kenny! I hope i can get use of the cold weather, hahaha.

aryM
4th May 2011, 22:30
I signed the sponsorship undertaking form for my fiancees daughter

Thanks for response Sir Alanp,.. does it need to be sent here in the Philippines? will a scanned copy of it be accepted?

ddl23
5th May 2011, 03:33
hi hi congrats can i ask how did u submit all the docs did u put it all in one brown envelope and did u staple the picture on the application or you paste it, im getting nervous tho coz im goin to lodge mine soon,btw i also have a daughter did she need a seperate online appointment or just same as mine? she is just 4yrs old as far as i know she wont need to go there to the embassy right? thank you

Josieyam65
5th May 2011, 04:07
Hello ddl23,

Thank you.
What i did was to put everything in one big expandable envelope. The VFS would return the envelope to you anyway. About the photo, i glued it on my application.
About your daughter, i dont have any idea, but you can search through this forum about it.
Goodluck on your application..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
5th May 2011, 04:27
congrats josie! :Jump:

alanp
5th May 2011, 04:57
Hi aryM
I do not know if a scanned copy will be ok I sent minewhen i sent all my other documents.
Alan

Josieyam65
5th May 2011, 07:31
,.. does it need to be sent here in the Philippines? will a scanned copy of it be accepted?

All i know is we should submit the original and 1 photocopy of each documents.

Josieyam65
5th May 2011, 07:32
Thanks raynaputi...:)

Josieyam65
13th May 2011, 07:14
Hello Everyone,

Just want to tell you that my visa arrived today!!! Yehey!!!!
:waver: :BouncyHappy: :Yippeee:

:thankyou: everyone!!

aryM
13th May 2011, 09:10
hi hi congrats can i ask how did u submit all the docs did u put it all in one brown envelope and did u staple the picture on the application or you paste it, im getting nervous tho coz im goin to lodge mine soon,btw i also have a daughter did she need a seperate online appointment or just same as mine? she is just 4yrs old as far as i know she wont need to go there to the embassy right? thank you

Hi ddl23, when we applied for visit visa last Nov. 2009 I did a separate online appointment for my 2 sons.

https://www.vfs.firm.in/pl-apptsystem/appscheduling/appwelcome.aspx

"Important: If you are part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children (under 5 year-of-age) you must make 4 individual appointments."

Arthur Little
13th May 2011, 11:11
Hello Everyone,

Congrats again ... and :thankyou: for your update!

alanmf1
13th May 2011, 17:14
@josieyam65... congratulations on your successful application... good luck with your plans:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
13th May 2011, 18:48
WOOO HOOOO great news ... another happy couple:Jump::Jump:

Terpe
13th May 2011, 18:53
Hello Everyone,

Very many sincere congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Remember all those worries and concerns ??? :icon_lol:
Gone.

Soon to be enjoying a new life :)

Take care and God Bless