PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights to Asia with Luthansa

Englishman2010
28th April 2011, 12:36
From the Travelzoo Newsdesk:

BIRMINGHAM--28 APRIL, 2011--Lufthansa has released flights to Asia from £332, return. This undercuts the competition by up to £200.

The promotional fares include tax and are valid for departures from 15 May to 30 June.

Flights are return departing from Birmingham via Germany.
These are the destinations on offer:

-Beijing... £332
-Nanjing... £337
-Singapore... £426
-Shanghai... £472

The sale ends on 3 May.

Click the link below to see when the lowest prices are available using Fly.com:
http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/newsflash/14427563-1022573/

Could be a cheap way of getting to the Phil's if you can get an offer from PAL or Cebu from Beijing to Manila or Cebu?

sorry for the poor spelling in the title ;)

grahamw48
28th April 2011, 15:35
The only time I've flown Lufthansa to Manila the plane was full of ignorant drunken Germans...turning the 18 hour journey into a total nightmare. More like a coach of football hooligans.

I will NEVER set foot on one of their planes again. :angry:

IMO alcohol should NOT be permitted on planes, end of. I don't care how much money they make out of it.

Dedworth
28th April 2011, 16:32
I went with the Luftwaffe to Singapore - nice selection of bottled Reinheitsgebot pop :NEW1:

Englishman2010
28th April 2011, 16:46
IMO alcohol should NOT be permitted on planes, end of. I don't care how much money they make out of it.

You need to fly with Royal Brunei or Saudi then - dry flights

I recently flew from Manila to BSB with RBA and they seemed like a decent airline, the staff were very friendly, the aircraft were newish and very clean, and the grub was good too. I asked for a low salt meal and got a nice 2 inch thick steak. Before the plane takes off, you even get a blessing in Arabic.

I'm not sure if scheduled airlines do make money out of booze as it's free (or in the price of your ticket), it's only chartered and budget airlines where you have to pay for it, but I agree that there should be a limit to how much a person consumes on a flight.

I recently flew back from HK with Air France, they gave everyone a welcome drink of Champagne:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
28th April 2011, 17:14
I travelled with them once to Singapore, never had a problem.

Some cheap flights still available from Liverpool to Manila.

grahamw48
28th April 2011, 18:12
Yes, I will probably fly muslim next time...good idea. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
28th April 2011, 18:33
Yes, I will probably fly muslim next time...good idea. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You can still get a drink with Emirates, Qatar and Etihad. First impressions with RBA were really good, I know Steve R has used them a few times and has been happy with them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
28th April 2011, 18:41
Yep...been on Emirates a couple of times, including the flight transporting the Mrs. back to UK with me.

Good service, and they even kindly handed the Mrs. a 'child's activity set'. She was 23. :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
28th April 2011, 19:00
I like Emirates, they are my favorite airline. I've flown with most of the big long haul carriers now, and IMO Emirates are the best in Economy class.

The only experience I've had of Business class was when PAL upgraded me on a 747 from HK to Manila:D:D:D I wish I could travel everywhere like that

grahamw48
28th April 2011, 22:33
Malaysian Airlines very kindly upgraded my son (9 years old at the time and travelling unaccompanied) to FIRST CLASS Manila to Manchester.

He'd apparently been feeling a little unwell, so they sat him next to a friendly doctor and armed him with a games console. - Soon recovered. :icon_lol:

I wrote to them thanking them for their kindness. :)

madmitch537
1st May 2011, 16:37
tiger airlines fly into a few small airfields in philippines mainly from singapore but be warned there a small company with small planes but cheap!!!!
regards mark