PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pac and international travel tax

Englishman2010
26th April 2011, 15:35
I've just been reading the small print for my Cebu Pac round trip flight from HKG to MNL in Aug, and it states there is a Travel Tax fee of 1620 PHP to pay, except for those exempt.

Is this only for Filipino's? I flew with Cebu Pac from Manila to Singapore last year and didn't pay anything then, and with PAL from HK to MNL in Jan this year and didn't pay anything.

steve monty
26th April 2011, 18:32
I found a link that might help you with this. I didn't really understand it to be honest as I thought as the ticket bought all taxes would have been paid.

It looks like you don't have to pay as you are classed as a non immigrant and staying for a short time. But looks like you have to get a form filled out by the ticketing officer, exempting you from this tax. Maybe when you turn up at the check-in counter they do it then? Here is the link:

http://www.philtourism.com/ttax.html

scott&ligaya
26th April 2011, 19:08
don,t worry no tax to pay.. only for Filipinos and if they are OFWs just taking short break they can also avoid, pay much less, a special desk for them to show there overseas contract

Englishman2010
26th April 2011, 21:44
Thanks for your help guys:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th April 2011, 23:55
Yes indeed.

The Phils govt. considers that if they can afford an airticket out they deserve to be fleeced on their way...kids too. :NoNo:

At least they haven't increased the fee for at least 10 years.