PDA

View Full Version : weekly food expenses

mmmab
26th April 2011, 10:18
i don't know if this is in the right thread but...

how much does it cost for weekly grocery shopping in the philippines?

i'm talking about enough to get you by, not all the snacks and fancy cooking, just the basic 3meals a day for a single person, how much would that roughly cost?

thanks in advance

bruce
26th April 2011, 10:40
Depends if you are eating in or out? ..when i am there living with my wife and son we will spend around 200php a day ...this is keeping things very tight and certainly does not include any luxury items like candy crips biscuits etc etc ..to include some luxury items and eat fairly well you can double that sum (400php)

If you are eating out that also totally depends ..u can eat on the street or in a very simple cafe for around 60php for a small bowl of adobo and 1 portion of rice ...but for decent meal expect to pay around 250php ..again this is nothing special just ur basic food ..

McDonald's cheese burger and chips ..100php

100php = around £1.40 at the moment ..

For urself eating in and cooking ur own food u could do it on around 1200php weekly ...for basic items ..of course this does not include ur drinking water or your gas to cook on ..

mmmab
26th April 2011, 11:27
thanks for the quick reply bruce, i really appreciate it!

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
4th May 2011, 11:56
hi, weekly grocery shopping willl cost about 500 pesos,in public market. but if she/he prefer shopping in big supermakets(inside tha mall) i reckon it will cost around 650-750 pesos good for 1 week... i say it all depends how we budget our money...

tanga
24th June 2011, 14:44
Realistically a grocery budget of P200 per day for 2 adults and a child you would be existing but not living.
Basic rice is P30 to P35 per kilo now,lpg cooking gas is P720 per 11kg tank, a loaf of basic bread is P60, pork,chicken and fish have increased dramatically in the last 12 months.
I am not saying a P200 per day budget for 3 is impossible but it would certainly be a pretty meagre diet.

grahamw48
24th June 2011, 15:43
'Just for the basic 3 meals a day ...and for a single person' was the OP's question. :)

Cooking at home (gas will probably last a month or two), for p200 one person could do it quite easily and healthily if they're as tight-fisted as me. :icon_lol:

tanga
24th June 2011, 17:06
'Just for the basic 3 meals a day ...and for a single person' was the OP's question. :)

Cooking at home (gas will probably last a month or two), for p200 one person could do it quite easily and healthily if they're as tight-fisted as me. :icon_lol:
I should have highlighted my reply was with reference to post #2
Certainly a single person could have 3 basic meals a day for P200

sars_notd_virus
25th June 2011, 09:19
Certainly a single person could have 3 basic meals a day for P200

I can budget for a 100pesos 3meals and a snack:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
25th June 2011, 09:24
i don't know if this is in the right thread but...

how much does it cost for weekly grocery shopping in the philippines?

i'm talking about enough to get you by, not all the snacks and fancy cooking, just the basic 3meals a day for a single person, how much would that roughly cost?

thanks in advance
for a single person:
weekly 600pesos
daily 3basic meals and a snack 100pesos

grahamw48
25th June 2011, 09:55
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8923/htmlhobo.jpg

stevewool
25th June 2011, 10:13
is that another picture off your life there granham:icon_lol::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: