PDA

View Full Version : Strong beer!!!!!!!!!!

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 16:05
I thought Red horse had a kick...... I have just quietly and slowly consumed in my hotel room ONE CAN of a beer called Tatra - Mocne... it says 7% on the can but it has having quite an effect.

Unlike Red horse it tastes lovely.... anyone care to comment on their favourite strong ales ... i have just found a new favourite :party-smiley-012::NEW1::NEW1:

I wonder if they export it from Poland?

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 16:18
oh dear I have another can in my mini bar... this one is called LEZAJSK - Pelne..... claims to be only 5.5% hmmmmmm I am tempted :hubbahubba:

KeithD
25th April 2011, 16:40
The price list usually quenches my thirst :D

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 16:46
7 Zloty under £2 and my employer will pick up the tab ... oh happy days

stevewool
25th April 2011, 16:58
some good strong belguim beers around

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 17:02
indeed there are, sampled many of them a few years back... hmmmm now have we got a client with a factory in Belgium...... nah no chance.... oh well it will be Cobra or Tsing Tao for me I guess as most of my work seems to be India or China these days.. Poland is a wlecome change

stevewool
25th April 2011, 19:11
dont need the client , tesco sell most of there stuff

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 19:59
yes Steve, but remember that I am Scottish and therefere tighter than a camels @#~e in a sandstorm and like to get someone else to pay for my beer tasting :icon_lol::icon_lol: had a nice German weissbier with dinner. suppose I better start prepping for tomorrow.. back to work

somebody
25th April 2011, 20:07
I noticed many British chavs have started necking Polish Lagers sold in the offies round here so im guess they must be quite intoxicating:D

Dedworth
25th April 2011, 20:10
A pint of Crudgingtons :D

scott&ligaya
25th April 2011, 20:12
oh lord I had better stop then... would die a death if ever associated with being an English chav.....

Walaytawo
26th April 2011, 03:31
Beer Lao :xxgrinning--00xx3: Nothing else comes close.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/lifestyle/life/features/article_1613102.php/The-secret-of-Laos-cult-beer-rice-and-a-German-trained-brew-master

keeperlit
26th April 2011, 09:02
i'm glad you started this thread scott,,,,,,,sitting with the bro inlaw and a lot of friends having a drink they all wanted me to drink the red horse,,,no problem bring it on,,don't know how many of the litre bottles i drank but nothing happened it just did not affect me the way the others were affected,,,,so i have sent back to the philippines in the box ,,,,,,1 case of draught guinness,,,,(for me) hehehe,,,,1 case of stronge bow just to qunech their thirst ,,,,wait for it,,,,,i also sent 2 cases of tennets super,,,,which is 9%,,,if no one has drank this i can honestly say after 6 tins you would not be able to say your name,,,,,so we will see who are the men and who are the boys:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher: i was going to send back a couple of cases of carlsberg special but thought i would be going over the top :laugher::laugher:karen said are going to drink that hunny ,,,my reply nope hunny i'm a mouse ,,,squeak i'll stick to the guinness and the bushmills whiskey

les_taxi
26th April 2011, 09:05
Romulan ale doest it for me 100% proof:D

scott&ligaya
26th April 2011, 19:18
or Klingon blood wine but then that is not a beer :doh:doh

Just about to go for dinner with two colleagues who arrived today so I am sure i can try out another Polish beer or two:):):)

Piamed
26th April 2011, 21:21
:yikes:Go on Scott, have another. :) I'm partial to Brahma beer. reminds me of...ahhhhhh, Brazil. :xxgrinning--00xx3::bigcry::) I|'m of to your part of the world tomorrow...client lunch...

scott&ligaya
26th April 2011, 22:04
just back in from dinner and watching Man Utd with Polish commentary, a good win anyway, so you will be in the midlands, lucky you I am in Mielec in SE Poland... but at least the beer was good WARKA tonite.. very nice

Piamed
26th April 2011, 23:06
I once sang a traditional Polish Christmas song in Stankowice. At first i did not know the words but they became remarkably familiar after a few (home made) Schnaps. I was taking a real chance with my eyesight