PDA

View Full Version : Wedding date confirmed...

mary_drew
24th April 2011, 19:20
hi guys! :Wave:

Mary here. Just wanna share with you that our wedding date (7th Aug 2011) is official :) ...
Already reserved our church and reception here in the Phils :heartshape1:.

But somehow feeling sad today coz my husband-to-be might not have someone to come over with him as everyone is saying that its expensive to fly over :bigcry:

steve monty
24th April 2011, 19:37
Congratulations on getting your wedding date sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wouldn't be sad that no one is able to come over, I know they would if they could. I didn't have anyone over for our wedding in December for the same reason, the cost. I'm sure when you are over in the UK they will be a celebration for your marriage! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mary_drew
24th April 2011, 19:55
hi steve. thank you so much for the congratulations! :)...
yea i know i shouldn't be sad that no one will be able to come coz i know the most important thing is that my groom-to-be will come over to marry me :):heartshape1:...
its just sometimes i cant help it coz i just want his family to meet my family too.

stevewool
24th April 2011, 20:03
congrats for the forth comming wedding have you thought about setting up a web cam in the church and if you are having a party afterwards one there also, then people here and there can see each other

Arthur Little
24th April 2011, 20:16
Marvellous news, Mary. However, Drew isn't the first man not having someone from home at his wedding - given that it's being held on the other side of the world - and he certainly won't be the last. :NoNo: Indeed, it was the same in MY case ... when Myrna and I married in the Phils nearly two and a half years ago. Ideally, a couple would prefer if close family and friends from both sides could attend what is, after all, one of life's most important events ... but air fares being what they are, :anerikke: it's simply not practicable in circumstances like yours. So it might be a nice gesture on your part, if you were to arrange a second church ceremony - to take the form of a "blessing" - at which HIS friends and relatives can be present ... once you're BOTH settled in the UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
24th April 2011, 20:23
congratulations on your forth coming wedding:Jump: five weeks to go to i get married in tacloban and like your husband to be. i will be going over to the philippines on my own.

mary_drew
24th April 2011, 21:13
- thanks stevewool. yea we also thought of having a live feed or something like that. we just have to figure it out if we would be able to do it as for the time difference between uk and phils.

- thank you mr. arthur for your kind words as always. :) yea everything you have said is true. thanks for your help and good advice and will be looking forward for more :)

- thank you mikey. and congratulations too :heartshape1: five weeks is very near :)

keeperlit
24th April 2011, 22:53
congratulations,,mary and drew ,,,,try not to let it worry you both karen and i got married jan2010,,,we could have got married here in belfast but choose the philippines as karens family could not afford to fly here,,,plus my family did not want to fly to the philippines as they are getting to old,,,we had a beautiful wedding you both can have a small party when you get to the uk to let members of drews family share your happy day,,,,best wishes for the future

also congratulations mikey for your wedding

mikey73
25th April 2011, 01:54
thank you mary and keeperlit, only 2 weeks to go then will be in manila then end of may the wedding :D:Jump:

keeperlit
25th April 2011, 08:45
thank you mary and keeperlit, only 2 weeks to go then will be in manila then end of may the wedding :D:Jump:

hey mikey we will be in manila in 2 weeks time as well karen and i fly out on may the 6th for 6 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again congratulations hope you have got all your documents,,,,,best wishes and warm regards john and karen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th April 2011, 12:49
Congratulations to you both.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
25th April 2011, 13:57
Hi Mikey...where is your wife to be live in tacloban city? I live also in tacloban...John and I getting married also this coming July.

hi
yes she is from tacloban city. she doesnt stay there anymore(she stays in bulacan) but her family are still living in the city. will be getting married there due to all of her family being there. congratulations on your upcoming wedding in july. will you be getting married in tacloban?

mikey73
25th April 2011, 14:00
hey mikey we will be in manila in 2 weeks time as well karen and i fly out on may the 6th for 6 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again congratulations hope you have got all your documents,,,,,best wishes and warm regards john and karen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi john, karen
fly out on the 8th of may, yes have my documents all ready:). hope you have a great time when you fly over to philippines :D

mary_drew
26th April 2011, 18:16
thank you keeperlit. how long does it take your wife to get her visa approved to be with you?. thats great that you will be able to spend holidays in phils again :).

thanks john and terpe.

congratulations and best wishes mikey. are you getting married in church?

keeperlit
29th April 2011, 09:50
hi mary and drew ,,,i met karen here in belfast she was on a work permit and has been here just over 5 years,,although karen entitled to apply for a spouse visa we forgot the law changed last november and she was refuse a spouse visa because she did not submit the english test the ukba stated she needed ,,as we were heading back to the philippines for our hoildays we submit karens ILR papers and she got that in the same day ,,,,simply because we where running out of time and we knew we would not have our passports back in time for traveling

keeperlit
29th April 2011, 09:56
hi
yes she is from tacloban city. she doesnt stay there anymore(she stays in bulacan) but her family are still living in the city. will be getting married there due to all of her family being there. congratulations on your upcoming wedding in july. will you be getting married in tacloban?

we will be in bulacan on tuesday the 10th may to collect the nephew and neice they live in santa maria bulacan they want to go to amana water resort for the day ,,,anyway have a safe trip mikey

mikey73
30th April 2011, 11:49
thank you keeperlit. how long does it take your wife to get her visa approved to be with you?. thats great that you will be able to spend holidays in phils again :).

thanks john and terpe.

congratulations and best wishes mikey. are you getting married in church?

thank you, no afraid we cant get married in a church due to me. i have not been baptised nor am i catholic so it will just be a civil ceromony instead.

keeperlit
30th April 2011, 12:32
hi mikey ,,,,i was the exact same as you,,, we had a civil christain wedding in the glass gardens in pasig city it was brilliant and very reasonable i'm bored stiff try to get this week in as it seems to be dragging by until next friday:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: anyway you have a safe flight
warm regards,,,john and karen

mikey73
1st May 2011, 08:47
hi mikey ,,,,i was the exact same as you,,, we had a civil christain wedding in the glass gardens in pasig city it was brilliant and very reasonable i'm bored stiff try to get this week in as it seems to be dragging by until next friday:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: anyway you have a safe flight
warm regards,,,john and karen

yeah thankfully i have been busy just now with work and have been moving flats this week too, but think next week will pass far slower.
have a safe flight too
kindest regards michael & minerva