PDA

View Full Version : Holiday in scotland

subseastu
23rd April 2011, 11:22
On my next leave I want to take the wife and dog on a wee break (about 7 nights) up the west coast of scotland. I'm looking for suggestions for areas to visits. My plan is to have 3 nights in one and move onto the next place for the rest of the holiday. Also I want to stay in log cabin / lodge (self cater) style places. Nice views a must.

Tip top

scott&ligaya
23rd April 2011, 11:48
head up Loch Lomond from around the Drymen/Balloch area, fantastic locations just google those towns or Crianlarich at the head of the Loch, great for three days then go North up to Wester Ross Inverewe, Gairloch ,great beaches and Ben Nevis at nearby Fort William, finally take the train across to inverness, fabolous scenic journey. Been a while since I was up that way but just google and browse

enjoiy but bring the johnsons OFF or the jungle formula for the midges .... oh and a big brolly lol

Arthur Little
23rd April 2011, 12:07
Glencoe :cwm24: ... awesome! Then ... take the train from Fort William to Mallaig - the West Highland Line - one of the most scenic rail journeys to be found ANYWHERE, apparently ... although I've never travelled it personally.

keeperlit
23rd April 2011, 12:52
traveling along the side of loch lomond go through luss,,beautiful turn left at tarbert follow on through arrochar to the top of the cobblers mountain and look down on the view from the trest and be thankful carpark its just awsome

keeperlit
23rd April 2011, 13:00
Glencoe :cwm24: ... awesome! Then ... take the train from Fort William to Mallaig - the West Highland Line - one of the most scenic rail journeys to be found ANYWHERE, apparently ... although I've never travelled it personally.

your right arthur,,,,clencoe is awsome,,,i toured here on the motorbike ,,,stayed at tyndrum then went on up to clencoe vistor center then drove on to fort willaim,,on up to inverness end up in pilochery think thats how you spell it,,,but it was beautiful

subseastu
23rd April 2011, 16:13
Thanks for the suggestions so far folks, studying google maps when I get the chance only t o realise i spent time alongside north of Helensbrough on the nato berth up there south of Gare loch head.

Ako Si Jamie
23rd April 2011, 23:20
I lived in Inverness for a few years. Great place to visit along with Loch Ness and a little place south west of it called Grantown-On-Spey.

Ako Si Jamie
23rd April 2011, 23:22
South east I meant :doh