PDA

View Full Version : Happy St george's day

les_taxi
23rd April 2011, 10:02
Happy St george's day everyone:D

Dedworth
23rd April 2011, 10:14
Thanks Les I'd forgotten that one :D

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXZkKbRaNjKamxerBwPl4ppBBPRDy29xQFT5aJ3WUiVS1MkstKOA

stevewool
23rd April 2011, 10:27
me too silly aint it what we forget

Tawi2
23rd April 2011, 10:45
No one calls it racist When the daffodil's worn in Wales Or is offended by their dragon With its forked tail and scales When St Patrick’s day comes round And the shamrock's being worn The Irish are not treated With insult or with scorn If a Scotsman on St Andrew’s day Hoists his flag aloft He’s not proclaimed a fascist Or ridiculed or scoffed So when St George's Day arrives We English men wont hide For Elizabeth, England & St George.

bornatbirth
23rd April 2011, 11:10
thats because its been hyjacked by the bnp :NoNo:

subseastu
23rd April 2011, 11:13
How do you think I feel? its my birthday today (36) on the one saints day isn't celebrated in the british isles. i should be upside down in a gutter somewhere by now!!:cwm3:

Terpe
23rd April 2011, 12:07

By gosh, yeah it is and I also had forgotten. Shame on me.

Strange though, I've been out and about this morning and have not seen or heard any reminder whatsoever of St Georges day

Terpe
23rd April 2011, 12:09
How do you think I feel? its my birthday today (36) on the one saints day isn't celebrated in the british isles. i should be upside down in a gutter somewhere by now!!:cwm3:

Not only happy St Georges day Stu, But a sincere happy B'day too.

Wish I was 36 again. I'd certainly have a double celebration Beer-Day

Take care

subseastu
23rd April 2011, 15:13
Thanks, off into rotterdam drinking dodgy dutch beer

joebloggs
23rd April 2011, 15:28
No one calls it racist When the daffodil's worn in Wales Or is offended by their dragon With its forked tail and scales When St Patrick’s day comes round And the shamrock's being worn The Irish are not treated With insult or with scorn If a Scotsman on St Andrew’s day Hoists his flag aloft He’s not proclaimed a fascist Or ridiculed or scoffed So when St George's Day arrives We English men wont hide For Elizabeth, England & St George.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i don't want to start a thread of the usual :censored:.

but me and the misses watch the American version of survivor, and this made us laugh yesterday, how dilusioned some people are somtimes, thou as he mentions at the end of the show, he probably has suffered from racisum thru his life and job (former CIA agent , so he says :D), one person called him crazy and he uses the race card :NoNo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCWDQa09PXI

happy St geroges day to everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 15:50
Same to you Les :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 16:00
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i don't want to start a thread of the usual :censored:.

but me and the misses watch the American version of survivor, and this made us laugh yesterday, how dilusioned some people are somtimes, thou as he mentions at the end of the show, he probably has suffered from racisum thru his life and job (former CIA agent , so he says :D), one person called him crazy and he uses the race card :NoNo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCWDQa09PXI

happy St geroges day to everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I second that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Walaytawo
23rd April 2011, 16:02
Seems most people need a reminder these days :rolleyes: Maybe not much left to feel "English" about :rolleyes:

mikey73
23rd April 2011, 20:20
happy st george day

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 21:45
Thanks, off into rotterdam drinking dodgy dutch beer
You mind yourself in those flesh pots afterwards. I hear Chris Rea is prevalent :NoNo:

Arthur Little
23rd April 2011, 23:02
I also had forgotten. Shame on me.

I can be excused for MY memory lapse ... on account of not being English! :D

Arthur Little
23rd April 2011, 23:38
How do you think I feel? its my birthday today (36) on the one saints day isn't celebrated in the british isles.

:birthday: ...

off into rotterdam drinking dodgy dutch beer

:66: ... here's to you - in Rotterdam - Cheers! :Beer:

grahamw48
23rd April 2011, 23:49
:engflag:

(The BNP wouldn't exist if successive govts hadn't ignored the wishes of the majority, and had some foresight) :NoNo:

bornatbirth
23rd April 2011, 23:54
so what do we do on saint georges day :Erm:

btw who is he :Help1:

Arthur Little
24th April 2011, 00:10
so what do we do on saint georges day :Erm:

:idea: ... slay a few dragons, perhaps. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
24th April 2011, 00:17
btw who is he :Help1:

England's Patron Saint ... who - according to ancient folklore - slew an evil dragon :wizardkl: in defence of his fellow countrymen.

subseastu
24th April 2011, 09:28
Thanks for the birthday wishes folks, must have gone well as I appear to have a hangover which will be cured by having a half day and going to the pub again. its a hard ol life working offshore!!!

As far as I'm aware St george is to do with the church wiping out paganism, all symbolism

stevewool
24th April 2011, 12:25
happy birthday stu many many more mate :xxgrinning--00xx3: