PDA

View Full Version : Unwashed riot over Tesco Express in Bristol

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 17:46
Nine people have been arrested and eight police officers hurt after violent clashes in Bristol sparked by a raid on opponents of a new Tesco store.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-13167041

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379581/Riot-police-bombarded-Tesco-petrol-bombed-160-officers-swoop-house-arrest-FOUR-squatters.html

gWaPito
22nd April 2011, 18:05
I would of thought the squatters would of been all for it. Handy for spending there tax payers handouts on diamond white and backy.
They won't have far to crawl.:NoNo:

Only 8 arrested? I hope the bill gave them a good seeing too.

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 18:06
I'm glad you spotted it G - make sure you take your bat with you next time you're delivering down there :D

les_taxi
22nd April 2011, 18:08
Take em out with snipers-get the guy from the 'shooter' film to do it:D

gWaPito
22nd April 2011, 18:20
I dont know what s wrong with Bristol. We got many stores there each, giving us grief. Luckily for me, the depot im at dont service that area anymore. Thats Avonmouth's joy now.

we dont get nowhere near as much trouble from the London stores.

Perhaps it's the west country air.

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 18:28
I dont know what s wrong with Bristol. We got many stores there each, giving us grief. Luckily for me, the depot im at dont service that area anymore. Thats Avonmouth's joy now.

Troublesome Wurzels - Asda is probably supplementing their benefit payments

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 01:50
I'm glad you spotted it G - make sure you take your bat with you next time you're delivering down there :D

Fear not, D. My multipurpose crow bar is a permanent fixture in my holdall. Ideal for squatting unruly squatters :) especially ones from Bristol, being a Swindon boy myself :D

Walaytawo
23rd April 2011, 03:40
Sad to see this, no excuse for it, but how else do you protest against these huge souless chains taking over the country :Erm: Whatever happened to the local butchers, greengrocers, etc? Plowed out of the way by your Asdas and Tescos :bigcry:

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 04:41
Sad to see this, no excuse for it, but how else do you protest against these huge souless chains taking over the country :Erm: Whatever happened to the local butchers, greengrocers, etc? Plowed out of the way by your Asdas and Tescos :bigcry:

You cant heap all the blame on the ' soulless chains'. They are there because the public would rather shop there.

Same for Sunday trading. Its what the public want. Long gone are the times I would park my truck up late Saturday afternoon then return Monday morning. Its a 24 7 operation now. Normal family life, as I once knew it, down the toilet.

Anyway im just finishing another 15 hr shift at one of those soulless chains....im looking forward to the 50 minute drive home now :Wave:

Walaytawo
23rd April 2011, 18:39
People I speak to miss the days of popping in one shop after the other, having a friendly chat with the butcher, greengrocer, bumping into other folks you know. Shopping was more of a social thing back in the day. Now you can't even chat to a cashier because it's all self service :rolleyes:

It's not because people want it, but because the big chains priced the little man out of the market. People will always go where the best deals are.

I used to work for a tiny family owned supermarket when I was a lad, there was no way they'd have let their employees work 15 hour shifts :NoNo:

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 19:04
People I speak to miss the days of popping in one shop after the other, having a friendly chat with the butcher, greengrocer, bumping into other folks you know. Shopping was more of a social thing back in the day. Now you can't even chat to a cashier because it's all self service :rolleyes:

It's not because people want it, but because the big chains priced the little man out of the market. People will always go where the best deals are.

I used to work for a tiny family owned supermarket when I was a lad, there was no way they'd have let their employees work 15 hour shifts :NoNo:

the law of the land allows these sorts of hours to be worked, in fact its the good old European law.

Y ou mention about missing the passing of the day with fellow shoppers in the high st. I too remember those days be it in the 60's.

My mother could of talked the hind legs off a donkey, she still can haha

The high st we once knew is no more......for a start all those chatter boxes mum knew are in the ground now.......

Unless you are multilingual, you won't be chatting very much now.

Modern world....... Give me the older model please.

Where my wife is from is very much like the place I grew up.......people in and out of each others houses......swarms of happy kids..... How that took me back in time......these people are financially poor as church mice but, they have a wealth we have lost....a sense of community.

Every man and Jack for himself :NoNo:

Sim11UK
23rd April 2011, 19:30

I thought you'd be rioting & waving your crowbar in Swindon Gwap. :angry: :D
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8989418.It_pays_to_hunt_out_those_bargains___/?ref=rss

gWaPito
23rd April 2011, 20:03
Im just a simple hard working man Simon. I will stand up for myself though.

I won't click your link, it gobbles up too much space on my phone.

I mguessing it to do with the the ethnic majority?

I will be surprised if it is.........I thought Swindon was a cool modern place to live.

Obviously we are like any other town fed up with whats going on.......not too dissimilar to Luton.