PDA

View Full Version : TV Sunday - one for Les, BaB & JoeBloggs

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 13:49
BBC2 will be debuting a film on Sunday at 9pm GMT entitled “United.” The film tells the true story of the 1950′s Manchester United side and the 1958 Munich Air Disaster in which 23 people died.

www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/video/2011/apr/20/united-busby-babes-munich-air-crash-video/json

http://www.epltalk.com/united-bbc2-film-about-manchester-uniteds-busby-babes-video-30767

bornatbirth
22nd April 2011, 13:53
yep, i already saw that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
22nd April 2011, 17:57
I will record that cheers dedworth:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 18:08
I will record that cheers dedworth:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll probably watch it purely for educational purposes :icon_lol: I enjoyed that film about Clough "The Dammed United"

les_taxi
22nd April 2011, 18:10
Yes that was brill,just think of what leeds would have gone on to won if they had kept him.

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 18:14
Yes that was brill,just think of what leeds would have gone on to won if they had kept him.

You do wonder - I guess it was player power got him out there before he had a proper chance to get his feet under the desk. I'd love to see him trample on the inflated ego's of some of today's overpaid Nancy boys (and their WAGS and leech like agents )

Arthur Little
22nd April 2011, 18:31
I remember well, the Munich Air Disaster of 1958 ... which claimed the lives of eight promising young footballers known as 'Busby's Babes' :bigcry: - including Roger Byrne and Duncan Edwards [who died later] - and critically injured team manager, Matt Busby himself.

Arthur Little
22nd April 2011, 18:43
BBC2 will be debuting a film on Sunday at 9pm GMT entitled “United.” The film tells the true story of the 1950′s Manchester United side and the 1958 Munich Air Disaster in which 23 people died.

www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/video/2011/apr/20/united-busby-babes-munich-air-crash-video/json

http://www.epltalk.com/united-bbc2-film-about-manchester-uniteds-busby-babes-video-30767

:Erm: ... are you of an age to remember it too? :rolleyes:

Dedworth
22nd April 2011, 19:08
:Erm: ... are you of an age to remember it too? :rolleyes:

No Arthur maybe I just like the nostalgia of the days when professional footballers earned little more than the average bloke. I saw a pic in the Chelsea magazine recently of a player in the 1950's travelling to the match - it was taken by a fan on his way to the same game on the tube train :)

I guess the tension is rising up there before Sundays game. Had a regular driver round yesterday who's got a ticket and is travelling up to his folks today. He's a bit of a character - had his stag night in the Shankill Rd Rangers Supporters Club. Come on The 'Gers !

Dedworth
25th April 2011, 14:05
I've downloaded it to watch later. News reporting that Busby's son is kicking up about it

Arthur Little
26th April 2011, 14:11
I've downloaded it to watch later. News reporting that Busby's son is kicking up about it

:football21: ... not your "friend", Iain? :icon_lol: Although it did cross my mind they might be related! :rolleyes: