PDA

View Full Version : buying games and dvds

bornatbirth
18th April 2007, 11:46
i havent see a topic on buyings games for a xbox 360 or dvds,when i was there i didnt think about it.
i take it u can buy copies are they ok to bring back?
i guess the reals ones are cheaper but are they region coded?

KeithD
18th April 2007, 12:47
DVD are region coded. You can play them on Zone Free players, or on your PC if you use something like DVDIdlePro

andypaul
18th April 2007, 22:11
make sure they are geinue copies as if you get caught with counterfeits you could get into loads of grief either on way out of phill, in a transit country or coming back into the uk.

When we bought a ps2 in makati a few years back and got 15 free games we could choose free of charge all copies and the machines were chipped before you bought in the shop.

baboyako
18th April 2007, 22:14
:Erm:kind of contradicting yourself :doh

bornatbirth
19th April 2007, 09:03
did u bring the ps2 back here? did the games work ok?

are the real games(not copies) region coded maybe i need to chip the xbox 360?

andypaul
19th April 2007, 19:19
did u bring the ps2 back here? did the games work ok?

are the real games(not copies) region coded maybe i need to chip the xbox 360?

no was left for her family

Im no expert it would depend on the firmware on the machine i guess. I remeber having to find a phill website about ps2
when we were looking at repairing the old one before we bought the new one. They may have expats or relatives abroad who can advise.
Can't remeber the link but i found it fairly quickly with some basic serach words.

andypaul
19th April 2007, 19:30
:Erm:kind of contradicting yourself :doh

We never asked for them was not taking much notice to tell the truth when we bought it. But most smaller shops chip the ps2's etc as most phills can't afford to buy them and the full price games otherwise.

Not really into gaming so when the missus was going though the huge cd wallet of games, i didn't notice i just presumed they were with less packaging to save costs honest officer:rolleyes: .

The warning was more for the peeps coming to the uk for the first time as it was for richard, seen several asians when getting off cathay flights having there luggae checked by customs and seen some not realising the cd/dvd from the market not allowed in the uk:Help1:

empott
19th April 2007, 23:47
U can have ur PS2 modified here. Thats what they did with ours, coz it was bought in the US. There r some shops that do that here.