PDA

View Full Version : Confirming flights (or not being able to)

klsl_forever
17th April 2007, 23:56
Having recently used Qatar Airways for my recent trip to Phils I was unable to confirm my return flight via telephone, in short, nobody would answer the damned thing! Fortunately I was in Cebu for the final week so was able to go direct to their office but it makes me wonder what might've happened had I still been in Mindanao where there were no offices.

Anybody ever had any experiences of not being able to confirm flights in time?. Maybe it's not really necessary?

Yossarian
18th April 2007, 15:55
We got confused by Qatar. We booked tickets at a travel agent in Cebu, who told us we needed to reconfirm. Like you, we tried ringing, but gave up. Ended up just popping into their office at the airport when we arrived for the flight! And they said no need to reconfirm, anyway...

But I think it's always best to make the effort, even if agency or airline says no reconfirmation is necessary...

andypaul
18th April 2007, 22:00
Many do online checkin

I used kuwait and had to ring up which was a nightmare where the wife had to take over as the womans english was ok but couldn't understand my accent.

Cathay said once we got though no need any more to reconfirm.

Many airlines allow you to check in online which would make sure you had reconfirmed i guess.

Many hotels and agents will be happy to do the work for you or will up to date on the latest procedure in many cases.

empott
18th April 2007, 22:20
Emirates doesn't require confirmation and u can check in online but only 12 hours before the flight.