PDA

View Full Version : Around The World In 60 Minutes ...

Arthur Little
13th April 2011, 13:43
... a fasciating insight into our planet from an orbital satellite circumnavigating the globe at an altitude of 250 miles above the Earth's atmosphere. :yikes: Showing the various changes that occur on its surface - including volcanic eruptions in Iceland pushing out the frontiers of the Atlantic Ocean, the furies unleashed by violent 100-mile wide tropical storms responsible for reshaping continents :omg: and, not least, the ongoing formation of Desert :sunshine: Cities like Las Vegas ... contrasting with a mountain village having a mean annual rainfall :raining: of 12 metres in Bangladesh - the programme turned out to be well-worth watching. :cwm24:

Did anyone else happen to see it? It was transmitted on BBC4 between 9 and 10 last night. Not even the forum could tear me away from it! :icon_lol:

mikey73
13th April 2011, 14:42
hi arthur
i watched it last night too, was a good program. think it was part of the 50th anniversary of man first going into space.

Arthur Little
13th April 2011, 15:33
hi arthur
i watched it last night too, was a good program. think it was part of the 50th anniversary of man first going into space.

Yep :rolleyes: ... probably to commemorate Yuri Gagarin.